Seasonality and household diets in Ethiopia:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dostie, B. & Haggblade, S. & Randriamamonjy, J., 2002.
"Seasonal poverty in Madagascar: magnitude and solutions,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(5-6), pages 493-518.
- Benoit Dostie & Steven Haggblade & Josée Randriamamonjy, 2002. "Seasonal Poverty in Madagascar: Magnitude and Solutions," Cahiers de recherche 02-09, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Popkin, Barry M., 1999. "Urbanization, Lifestyle Changes and the Nutrition Transition," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(11), pages 1905-1916, November.
- Berhane, Guush & Mcbride, Linden & Hirfrfot, Kibrom Tafere & Tamru, Seneshaw, 2012. "Patterns in foodgrain consumption and calorie intake," IFPRI book chapters,in: Food and agriculture in Ethiopia: Progress and policy challenges, chapter 7 International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Leonard, William R., 1991. "Household-level strategies for protecting children from seasonal food scarcity," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1127-1133, January.
- Hoddinott, John & Yohannes, Yisehac, 2002. "Dietary diversity as a food security indicator," FCND discussion papers 136, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kaminski, Jonathan & Christiaensen, Luc & Gilbert, Christopher L., 2014. "The end of seasonality ? new insights from Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6907, The World Bank.
- Stefan Dercon & Pramila Krishnan, 2000. "Vulnerability, seasonality and poverty in Ethiopia," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 25-53.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Paul & Dillon Brian, 2016. "Working Paper 241 - Long term consequences of consumption seasonality," Working Paper Series 2349, African Development Bank.
- Kuma, Tadesse & Dereje, Mekdim & Hirvonen, Kalle & Minten, Bart, 2016. "Cash crops and food security: Evidence from Ethiopian smallholder coffee producers," ESSP working papers 95, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:spr:demogr:v:55:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s13524-018-0669-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:10:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0762-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gilbert, Christopher L. & Christiaensen, Luc & Kaminski, Jonathan, 2017. "Food price seasonality in Africa: Measurement and extent," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 119-132.
- Kibrewossen Abay & Kalle Hirvonen, 2017.
"Does Market Access Mitigate the Impact of Seasonality on Child Growth? Panel Data Evidence from Northern Ethiopia,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(9), pages 1414-1429, September.
- Kibrewossen Abay & Kalle Hirvonen & UNICEF Office of Research - Innocenti, 2016. "Does Market Access Mitigate the Impact of Seasonality on Child Growth? Panel data evidence from northern Ethiopia," Papers inwopa846, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Abay, Kibrewossen & Hirvonen, Kalle, 2016. "Does market access mitigate the impact of seasonality on child growth? Panel data evidence from northern Ethiopia:," ESSP working papers 85, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bachewe, Fantu Nisrane & Minten, Bart & Yimer, Feiruz, 2017. "The rising costs of animal-source foods in Ethiopia: Evidence and implications," ESSP working papers 108, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jacopo, Bonan & Stefano, Pareglio & Valentina, Rotondi, 2015. "Extension Services, Production and Welfare: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Ethiopia," Working Papers 312, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised 30 Oct 2015.
- Habtamu Beshir & Jean-Francois Maystadt, 2016. "In utero seasonal food insecurity and cognitive development: Evidence from Ethiopia," Working Papers 157856919, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Sibhatu, Kibrom T. & Qaim, Matin, 2016. "Farm production diversity and dietary quality: Linkages and measurement issues," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 232343, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
More about this item
Keywordsnutrition; food consumption; households; seasonality; diet; calorie intake; dietary diversity;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:esspwp:74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.