Seasonality and household diets in Ethiopia:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dostie, B. & Haggblade, S. & Randriamamonjy, J., 2002.
"Seasonal poverty in Madagascar: magnitude and solutions,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(5-6), pages 493-518.
- Benoit Dostie & Steven Haggblade & Josée Randriamamonjy, 2002. "Seasonal Poverty in Madagascar: Magnitude and Solutions," Cahiers de recherche 02-09, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Popkin, Barry M., 1999. "Urbanization, Lifestyle Changes and the Nutrition Transition," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(11), pages 1905-1916, November.
- Berhane, Guush & Mcbride, Linden & Hirfrfot, Kibrom Tafere & Tamru, Seneshaw, 2012. "Patterns in foodgrain consumption and calorie intake," IFPRI book chapters,in: Food and agriculture in Ethiopia: Progress and policy challenges, chapter 7 International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Leonard, William R., 1991. "Household-level strategies for protecting children from seasonal food scarcity," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1127-1133, January.
- Hoddinott, John & Yohannes, Yisehac, 2002. "Dietary diversity as a food security indicator," FCND discussion papers 136, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kaminski, Jonathan & Christiaensen, Luc & Gilbert, Christopher L., 2014. "The end of seasonality ? new insights from Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6907, The World Bank.
- Stefan Dercon & Pramila Krishnan, 2000. "Vulnerability, seasonality and poverty in Ethiopia," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 25-53.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Paul & Dillon Brian, 2016. "Working Paper 241 - Long term consequences of consumption seasonality," Working Paper Series 2349, African Development Bank.
- Kuma, Tadesse & Dereje, Mekdim & Hirvonen, Kalle & Minten, Bart, 2016. "Cash crops and food security: Evidence from Ethiopian smallholder coffee producers," ESSP working papers 95, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gilbert, Christopher L. & Christiaensen, Luc & Kaminski, Jonathan, 2017. "Food price seasonality in Africa: Measurement and extent," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 119-132.
- Kibrewossen Abay & Kalle Hirvonen, 2017.
"Does Market Access Mitigate the Impact of Seasonality on Child Growth? Panel Data Evidence from Northern Ethiopia,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(9), pages 1414-1429, September.
- Kibrewossen Abay & Kalle Hirvonen & UNICEF Office of Research - Innocenti, 2016. "Does Market Access Mitigate the Impact of Seasonality on Child Growth? Panel data evidence from northern Ethiopia," Papers inwopa846, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Abay, Kibrewossen & Hirvonen, Kalle, 2016. "Does market access mitigate the impact of seasonality on child growth? Panel data evidence from northern Ethiopia:," ESSP working papers 85, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jacopo, Bonan & Stefano, Pareglio & Valentina, Rotondi, 2015. "Extension Services, Production and Welfare: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Ethiopia," Working Papers 312, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised 30 Oct 2015.
- Jean-Francois Maystadt & Habtamu Beshir, 2016. "In utero seasonal food insecurity and cognitive development: Evidence from Ethiopia," Working Papers 157856919, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Sibhatu, Kibrom T. & Qaim, Matin, 2016. "Farm production diversity and dietary quality: Linkages and measurement issues," Discussion Papers 232343, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
More about this item
Keywordsnutrition; food consumption; households; seasonality; diet; calorie intake; dietary diversity;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:esspwp:74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .