Citations for "Structural Causes of the Global Financial Crisis: A Critical Assessment of the ‘New Financial Architecture’"
by James Crotty
- Nawrocki, Tomasz Leszek & Jonek-Kowalska, Izabela, 2016. "Assessing operational risk in coal mining enterprises – Internal, industrial and international perspectives," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 50-67.
- Giancarlo Bertocco, 2011. "Housing bubble and economic theory: is mainstream theory able to explain the crisis?," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf1116, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Swanepoel, G.D. & Hadrich, Joleen & Goemans, Christopher, 2015. "Estimating the Contribution of Groundwater Irrigation to Farmland Values in Phillips County, Colorado," Journal of the ASFMRA, American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers.
- Söderberg, Inga-Lill & Wester, Misse, 2012. "Lay actions in the face of crisis—Swedish citizens’ actions in response to the global financial crisis of 2008," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 796-805.
- Deepankar Basu & Ramaa Vasudevan, 2013.
"Technology, distribution and the rate of profit in the US economy: understanding the current crisis,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 37(1), pages 57-89.
- Deepankar Basu & Ramaa Vasudevan, 2011. "Technology, Distribution and the Rate of Profit in the US Economy: Understanding the Current Crisis," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2011-32, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Jon D. Wisman, 2012.
"Wage Stagnation, Rising Inequality and the Financial Crisis of 2008,"
2012-01, American University, Department of Economics.
- Jon D. Wisman, 2013. "Wage stagnation, rising inequality and the financial crisis of 2008," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(4), pages 921-945.
- Martha A. Starr, 2011.
"Contributions of economists to the housing-price bubble,"
2011-03, American University, Department of Economics.
- Martha A. Starr, 2012. "Contributions of Economists to the Housing-Price Bubble," Journal of Economic Issues, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 46(1), pages 143-172, March.
- Robert Pollin & James Heintz, 2013. "Study of U.S. Financial System," FESSUD studies fstudy10, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Signorino, Rodolfo, 2010.
"Economics in the mirror of the financial crisis,"
39470, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas Goda & Özlem Onaran & Engelbert Stockhammer, 2014. "A case for redistribution? Income inequality and wealth concentration in the recent crisis," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 012186, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Jon D. Wisman, 2013.
"Government Is Whose Problem?,"
Journal of Economic Issues,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 47(4), pages 911-938, December.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:488128 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sangjun Jeong & Hueechae Jung, 2013.
"Bank Wholesale Funding and Credit Procyclicality:Evidence from Korea,"
Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 60(5), pages 615-631, September.
- Jeong, Sangjun & Jung, Hueechae, 2011. "Banks' wholesale funding and credit procyclicality: evidence from Korea," MPRA Paper 35568, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Özgür Orhangazi, 2011. "“Financial” vs. “Real”: An Overview of the Contradictory Role of Finance," Working Papers wp274, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Malleson, Tom, 2014. "After Occupy: Economic Democracy for the 21st Century," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199330102, December.
- James Crotty, 2009. "The Bonus-Driven “Rainmaker” Financial Firm: How These Firms Enrich Top Employees, Destroy Shareholder Value and Create Systemic Financial Instability," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2009-13, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Jon D. Wisman & Barton Baker, 2011.
"Rising Inequality and the Financial Crises of 1929 and 2008,"
2011-01 JEL classificatio, American University, Department of Economics.
- Jon D. Wisman & Barton Baker, 2010. "Rising Inequality and the Financial Crises of 1929 and 2008," Working Papers 2010-10 JEL classificatio, American University, Department of Economics.
- Michael Wosser, 2015. "The Determinants of Systemic Banking Crises A Regulatory Perspective," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n265-15.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Giulio Guarini, 2016. "Macroeconomic and Technological Dynamics: a Structuralist-Keynesian Cumulative Growth Model," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 69(276), pages 49-75.
- Palaiodimos, George & Tzavalis, Elias, 2015. "The EMU effects on asset market holdings and the recent financial crisis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 153-161.
- Bill Lucarelli, 2011. "The Economics of Financial Turbulence," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14252, June.
- Epstein, Gerald., 2015. "Development central banking : a review of issues and experiences," ILO Working Papers 994881283402676, International Labour Organization.
- Gärtner, Manfred & Griesbach, Bjoern & Jung, Florian, 2011.
"PIGS or Lambs? The European Sovereign Debt Crisis and the Role of Rating Agencies,"
Economics Working Paper Series
1106, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Manfred Gärtner & Björn Griesbach & Florian Jung, 2011. "PIGS or Lambs? The European Sovereign Debt Crisis and the Role of Rating Agencies," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 17(3), pages 288-299, August.
- Ulrich Suntum & Cordelius Ilgmann, 2013. "Bad banks: a proposal based on German financial history," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 367-384, June.
- James Crotty, 2010. "The Bonus-Driven “Rainmaker” Financial Firm: How These Firms Enrich Top Employees, Destroy Shareholder Value and Create Systemic Financial Instability (revised)," Working Papers wp209_revised3, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Thomas Goda, 2013. "The role of income inequality in crisis theories and in the subprime crisis," Working Papers PKWP1305, Post Keynesian Economics Study Group (PKSG).
- Gkanoutas-Leventis, Angelos & Nesvetailova, Anastasia, 2015. "Financialisation, oil and the Great Recession," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 891-902.
- Asici, Ahmet Atil & Bunul, Zeynep, 2012. "Green New Deal: A Green Way out of the Crisis?," MPRA Paper 49553, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Strachman, Eduardo & Fucidji, José Ricardo, 2010.
"The Current Financial and Economic Crisis: Empirical and Methodological Issues,"
27130, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eduardo Strachman & José Ricardo Fucidji, 2012. "The Current Financial And Economic Crisis: Empirical And Methodological Issues," Journal of Advanced Studies in Finance, ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 95-123, June.
- Gerald Epstein & James Crotty, 2013. "How big is too big? On the social efficiency of the financial sector in the United States," Chapters, in: Capitalism on Trial, chapter 20 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ben R. Martin, 2016.
"Twenty challenges for innovation studies,"
Science and Public Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 43(3), pages 432-450.
- repec:cmj:journl:y:2013:i:29:tuca is not listed on IDEAS
- Faruk Ülgen, 2012. "Paving the way for reconsidering the working of market economies: the Minsky perspective," Post-Print halshs-00868521, HAL.
- Jeong-Bon Kim & Li Li & Mary L. Z. Ma & Frank M. Song, 2013. "CEO Option Compensation, Risk-Taking Incentives, and Systemic Risk in the Banking Industry," Working Papers 182013, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Robert E. Prasch, 2010. "Bankers Gone Wild: The Crash of 2008," Chapters, in: Macroeconomic Theory and its Failings, chapter 11 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Niamh Hardiman, 2010. "Bringing Domestic Institutions Back into Understanding Ireland’s Economic Crisis," Working Papers 201042, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Charpe, Matthieu & Flaschel, Peter, 2013. "Workers’ debt, default and the diversity of financial fragilities," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 48-65.
- Robert E. Prasch, 2011. "After the Crash of 2008: Financial Reform in an Age of Plutocracy," Chapters, in: The Global Financial Crisis, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Juan A. Montecino & Gerald Epstein, 2014. "Intra-Financial Lending, Credit, and Capital Formation," Working Papers Series 21, Institute for New Economic Thinking.
- Rozalia NISTOR & Costel NISTOR & Mihaela-Carmen MUNTEAN, 2010. "The Relationship between the Current World Crisis and Global Imbalances," Economics and Applied Informatics, "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 2, pages 155-166.
- W A Jackson, 2015. "Markets and the Meaning of Flexibility," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 20(2), pages 45-65, September.
- Teodoro Dario Togati, 2012. "How to Explain the Persistence of the Great Recession? A Balanced Stability Approach," Working papers 014, Department of Economics and Statistics (Dipartimento di Scienze Economico-Sociali e Matematico-Statistiche), University of Torino.
- Ryoo, Soon, 2010.
"Long waves and short cycles in a model of endogenous financial fragility,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 163-186, June.
- Soon Ryoo, 2009. "Long waves and short cycles in a model of endogenous financial fragility," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2009-03, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- James Crotty, 2011.
"The Realism of Assumptions Does Matter: Why Keynes-Minsky Theory Must Replace Efficient Market Theory as the Guide to Financial Regulation Policy,"
UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers
2011-05, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- James Crotty, 2011. "The Realism of Assumptions Does Matter: Why Keynes-Minsky Theory Must Replace Efficient Market Theory as the Guide to Financial Regulation Policy," Working Papers wp255, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel & Chiripanhura, Blessing, 2013.
"The impacts of the food, fuel and financial crises on households in Nigeria. A retrospective approach for research enquiry,"
47348, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel & Chiripanhura, Blessing M., 2013. "The Impacts of the Food, fuel and Financial Crises on Households in Nigeria : a Retrospective Approach for Research Enquiry," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Robert E. Prasch, 2011. "The Instability of Financial Markets: A Critique of Efficient Markets Theory," Chapters, in: Heterodox Analysis of Financial Crisis and Reform, chapter 5 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Mustafa Ar, 2016. "The Discursive Construction of Global Economic Strategies in Turbulent Times," International Journal of Social Science Studies, Redfame publishing, vol. 4(10), pages 1-15, October.
- Giancarlo Bertocco, 2011. "Finance and risk: does finance create risk?," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf1115, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Fontana, Olimpia & Godin, Antoine, 2013. "Securitization, housing market and banking sector behavior in a stock-flow consistent model," Economics Discussion Papers 2013-13, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Nikos STRAVELASKIS, 2014.
"Financial Crisis and Economic Depression: 'Post Hoc ergo Propter Hoc'? Implications for Financial Asset Valuation and Financial Regulation,"
Chapters of Challenges to Financial Stability â€“ Perspective, Models and Policies book,
in: Renata Karkowska (ed.), Challenges to Financial Stability – Perspective, Models and Policies,Volume I A Framework for Modeling Systemic Risk Drivers of Different Markets, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 187- 210
- Stravelakis, Nikos, 2014. "Financial Crisis and Economic Depression: 'Post Hoc Ego Propter Hoc'? Implications for Financial Asset Valuation and Financial Regulation," MPRA Paper 55944, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andreas Joseph & Irena Vodenska & Eugene Stanley & Guanrong Chen, 2014. "Netconomics: Novel Forecasting Techniques from the Combination of Big Data, Network Science and Economics," Papers 1403.0848, arXiv.org.
- Iancu, Aurel, 2013. "Financialisation: Structure, Extent, Consequences," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(2), pages 172-192, June.
- Faruk Ülgen, 2014. "Financialized capitalism and the irrelevance of self-regulation : a Minskyian analysis of systemic viability," Post-Print halshs-01111162, HAL.
- Locher, Maximilian Matthias, 2015. "Ein neuer semiosphärischer Blick auf Märkte: Homogenisierung, Sequenzierung und intra-organisationale Rigidisierung," Discussion Papers 30/2015, Witten/Herdecke University, Faculty of Management and Economics.
- Giovanni Ferri & Andrea Morone, 2008.
"The Effect of Rating Agencies on Herd Behaviour,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI_RP_2008_21, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Dieter Gramlich & Mikhail V. Oet & Stephen J. Ong, 2013. "Policy in adaptive financial markets—the use of systemic risk early warning tools," Working Paper 1309, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Pedro Araujo & Olena Mykhaylova & James Staveley-O’Carroll, 2015. "Financial liberalization and patterns of international portfolio holdings," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 213-234, August.
- Giampaolo Gabbi & Elisa Ticci, 2014. "Implications of financialisation for sustainability," Working papers wpaper47, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Rashid, Abdul & Saedan, Mashael, 2013.
"Financial Crisis and Exchange Rates in Emerging Economics: An Empirical Analysis using PPP-UIP-Framework,"
49832, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdul Rashid, 2013. "Financial crisis and exchange rates in emerging economies: An empirical analysis using PPP-UIP-Framework," Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center, vol. 9(4), pages 86-96, December.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2012. "Financialization," Chapters, in: Handbook of Critical Issues in Finance, chapter 17, pages i-ii Edward Elgar Publishing.
- El-Shagi Makram & Ilgmann Cordelius, 2010. "Die Bedeutung der Besitzverflechtung von Kapitalgesellschaften für die Finanzmarktkrise / The importance of mutual ownership for the genesis of financial crisis," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 61(1), pages 299-324, January.
- Cordelius Ilgmann & Ulrich van Suntum, . "Bad Banks: The Case of Germany," Working Papers 200110, Institute of Spatial and Housing Economics, Munster Universitary.
- Akbar, Saeed & Rehman, Shafiq ur & Ormrod, Phillip, 2013. "The impact of recent financial shocks on the financing and investment policies of UK private firms," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 59-70.
- Marcelo Madureira Prates, 2013. "Why Prudential Regulation Will Fail to Prevent Financial Crises. A Legal Approach," Working Papers Series 335, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Halim, Asyraf Abdul & Ariff, Muhammad & Masih, A. Mansur M., 2016. "The impact of real estate, inequality and current account imbalances on excessive credit: A cross country analysis," MPRA Paper 72093, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barkemeyer, Ralf & Preuss, Lutz & Lee, Lindsay, 2015. "On the effectiveness of private transnational governance regimes—Evaluating corporate sustainability reporting according to the Global Reporting Initiative," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 312-325.
- Juan Pablo Durán Ortiz, 2014. "Financialization: The AIDS of economic system," ENSAYOS DE ECONOMÍA 012299, UNIVERSIDAD NACIONAL DE COLOMBIA SEDE MEDELLIN.
- repec:jes:wpaper:y:2013:v:5:p:497-511 is not listed on IDEAS
- Takashi Fukuda & Jauhari Dahalan, 2012. "Finance-Growth-Crisis Nexus in Asian Emerging Economies: Evidence from VECM and ARDL Assessment," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 5(2), pages 69-100, August.
- Fukuda, Takashi & Dahalan, Jauhari, 2011. "“Finance-Growth-Crisis Nexus in India: Evidence from Cointegration and Causality Assessment” - L’interazione finanza-crescita-crisi in India: evidenze da una analisi di cointegrazione e causalità," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 64(3), pages 297-328.
- M. Imtiaz Mazumder, 2010. "Greed, financial innovation or laxity of regulation?," Studies in Economics and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 27(2), pages 110-134, August.
- Wosnitza, Jan Henrik & Denz, Cornelia, 2013. "Liquidity crisis detection: An application of log-periodic power law structures to default prediction," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(17), pages 3666-3681.
- Anolli, Mario & Beccalli, Elena & Molyneux, Philip, 2014. "Bank earnings forecasts, risk and the crisis," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 309-335.
- Konstantinos Loizos, 2014. "How financial innovation might cancel out bank regulation along financial cycles. A Keynes's state of confidence interpretation," Working Papers PKWP1403, Post Keynesian Economics Study Group (PKSG).
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2010. "Financialization and the Global Economy," Working Papers wp240, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Castro Caldas, José & Neves, Vítor & Reis, José, 2011. "Why is economics so fragile?," Revue de la Régulation - Capitalisme, institutions, pouvoirs, Association Recherche et Régulation, vol. 9.
- Tkalec, Marina & Vizek, Maruška & Verbič, Miroslav, 2014. "Balance sheet effects and original sinners’ risk premiums," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 597-613.
- Gerald Epstein, 2014. "Restructuring finance to promote productive employment," European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 11(2), pages 161-170, September.
- Spanò , Marcello, 2013. "Please do not shoot the wrong enemy!," Working Papers 31/2013, Universidade Portucalense, Centro de Investigação em Gestão e Economia (CIGE).
- Paula-Elena DIACON, 2013. "The Economic Crisis between Liberalization and Government Intervention," EuroEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 1(32), pages 77-83, May.
- Conti, Claudio Ramos & Goldszmidt, Rafael & Vasconcelos, Flávio Carvalho de, 2015. "Estratégias para desempenho superior em recessões: pro ou contra-cíclicas?," RAE - Revista de Administração de Empresas, FGV-EAESP Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo (Brazil), vol. 55(3), May.
- Andreea Gradinaru, 2013. "Social Costs Of The European Union In The Context Of The Economic-Financial Crisis," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 5(4), pages 497-511, December.
- Gina Ioan, 2013. "Countercyclical Economic Policies in Times of Crisis," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 9(3), pages 126-131, June.
- Zeeshan Atiq & M. Emranul Haque, 2015. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: The Role of Financial Liberalization," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 201, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Fukuda, Takashi & Dahalan, Jauhari, 2011. "Finance-Growth-Crisis Nexus in India: Evidence from Cointegration and Causality Assessment," MPRA Paper 39467, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Langedijk, Sven & Nicodème, Gaëtan & Pagano, Andrea & Rossi, Alessandro, 2015. "Debt Bias in Corporate Income Taxation and the Costs of Banking Crises," CEPR Discussion Papers 10616, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Theurl, Theresia & Schaetzle, Dominik, 2011. "Ratingagenturen in der Kritik: Eine Analyse der Reformforderungen und -vorschläge," Arbeitspapiere 116, University of Münster, Institute for Cooperatives.
- Matthieu Charpe & Peter Flaschel, 2011. "Worker debt, default ans diversity of financial fragility," IMK Working Paper 5-2011, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Myriam J. Maier & Dimitrios N. Koumparoulis, 2012. "Austrian Economics and the Financial Crisis of 2008," EuroEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 3(31), pages 33-45, August.
- Ben Beachy, 2012. "A Financial Crisis Manual Causes, Consequences, and Lessons of the Financial Crisis," GDAE Working Papers 12-06, GDAE, Tufts University.
- IANCU, Aurel, 2013. "Extending Financialisation and Increasing Fragility of the Financial System," Working Papers of National Institute of Economic Research 130307, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Bissoondoyal-Bheenick, Emawtee & Brooks, Robert, 2015. "The credit risk–return puzzle: Impact of credit rating announcements in Australia and Japan," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 35(PA), pages 37-55.
- Mustafa Kilinc & Cengiz Tunc, 2013. "Turkiye’de Goreli Konut Deflatoru," CBT Research Notes in Economics 1314, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Zahir Dossa & Katrin Kaeufer, 2014. "Understanding Sustainability Innovations Through Positive Ethical Networks," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 119(4), pages 543-559, February.
- Engelbert Stockhammer & collin constantine & Severin Reissl, 2016. "Explaining the Euro crisis: Current account imbalances, credit booms and economic policy in different economic paradigms," Working Papers PKWP1617, Post Keynesian Economics Study Group (PKSG).
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:17:y:2011:i:3:p:288-299 is not listed on IDEAS