Financialized capitalism and the irrelevance of self-regulation : a Minskyian analysis of systemic viability
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Faruk Ülgen, 2014.
"How to Guide the Economy in a Socially Desirable Direction: Lessons from the 2007 Financial Turmoil,"
Journal of Economic Issues,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(2), pages 575-584.
- Faruk Ülgen, 2014. "How to guide the economy in a socially desirable direction ? Lessons from the 2007 financial turmoil," Post-Print halshs-01089365, HAL.
- Barth,James R. & Caprio,Gerard & Levine,Ross, 2008. "Rethinking Bank Regulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521709309.
- Jan Kregel, 2010. "Is This the Minsky Moment for Reform of Financial Regulation?," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_586, Levy Economics Institute.
- Amadou N.R. Sy, 2009.
"The Systemic Regulation of Credit Rating Agencies and Rated Markets,"
World Economics, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 10(4), pages 69-108, October.
- Amadou N Sy, 2009. "The Systemic Regulation of Credit Rating Agencies and Rated Markets," IMF Working Papers 09/129, International Monetary Fund.
- Faruk Ülgen, 2013.
"Institutions and Liberalized Finance: Is Financial Stability of Capitalism a Pipedream?,"
Journal of Economic Issues,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(2), pages 495-504.
- Faruk Ülgen, 2013. "Institutions and liberalized finance : is financial stability of capitalism a pipedream ?," Post-Print halshs-00840024, HAL.
- Ülgen, Faruk, 2014.
"Schumpeterian economic development and financial innovations: a conflicting evolution,"
Journal of Institutional Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(02), pages 257-277, June.
- Faruk Ülgen, 2014. "Schumpeterian economic development and financial innovations : a conflicting evolution," Post-Print halshs-00948288, HAL.
- Faruk Ülgen, 2014. "How to guide the economy towards socially desirable directions ? Some institutional lessons from the 2007 financial turmoil," Post-Print halshs-00957598, HAL.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2011.
"A Theory of Minsky Super-cycles and Financial Crises ,"
Contributions to Political Economy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 30(1), pages 31-46.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2009. "A Theory of Minsky Super-Cycles and Financial Crises," IMK Working Paper 05-2009, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Faruk Ülgen, 2011. "Régulation monétaire et financière et viabilité des économies de marché," Post-Print halshs-00844357, HAL.
- James Crotty, 2009.
"Structural causes of the global financial crisis: a critical assessment of the 'new financial architecture',"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 563-580, July.
- James Crotty, 2008. "Structural Causes of the Global Financial Crisis: A Critical Assessment of the ‘New Financial Architecture’," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2008-14, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- James Crotty, 2008. "Structural Causes of the Global Financial Crisis: A Critical Assessment of the ‘New Financial Architecture’," Working Papers wp180, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Philip Arestis, 2009. "New Consensus Macroeconomics: A Critical Appraisal," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_564, Levy Economics Institute.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2009. "The Limits of Minsky’s Financial Instability Hypothesis as an Explanation of the Crisis," IMK Working Paper 11-2009, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
More about this item
Keywordsviability; regulation; Minsky; liberalization; financial crisis; financialization;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-08-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-HME-2015-08-25 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2015-08-25 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-01111162. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.