Contact information of Cambridge University Press
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jinsec. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Keith Waters (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.cambridge.org/joi .
June 2021, Volume 17, Issue 3
- 359-378 Coevolving institutions and the paradox of informal constraints
by Seligson, Daniel & McCants, Anne E. C.
- 379-391 Contractarian ideology and the legitimacy of government
by Holcombe, Randall G.
- 393-409 Accidental socialism: a natural experiment in Haiti 1796–1820
by Ferrero, Mario
- 411-427 Who are the champions? Inequality, economic freedom and the Olympics
by Kufenko, Vadim & Geloso, Vincent
- 429-448 Financial institutions and the British Industrial Revolution: did financial underdevelopment hold back growth?
by Hodgson, Geoffrey M.
- 449-458 Collective action, opportunism, and class agency under ineffective state enforcement: Marx on English Factory Laws
by Ertürk, Korkut Alp
- 459-471 On money as a conventional sign: revisiting Aristotle's conception of money
by Crespo, Ricardo F.
- 473-488 The chronic uncertainty of American Indian property rights
by Alston, Eric & Crepelle, Adam & Law, Wilson & Murtazashvili, Ilia
- 489-508 Fertile soil for intrapreneurship: impartial institutions and human capital
by Ljunge, Martin & Stenkula, Mikael
- 509-526 Resilience to economic shrinking in an emerging economy: the role of social capabilities in Indonesia, 1950–2015
by Andersson, Martin & Axelsson, Tobias & Palacio, Andrés
- 527-527 Resilience to economic shrinking in an emerging economy: the role of social capabilities in Indonesia, 1950–2015 – ADDENDUM
by Andersson, M. & Axelsson, T. & Palacio, A.
April 2021, Volume 17, Issue 2
- 185-200 Thinking carefully about inclusiveness: evidence from European guilds
by Ogilvie, Sheilagh
- 201-216 A machine-learning history of English caselaw and legal ideas prior to the Industrial Revolution II: applications
by Grajzl, Peter & Murrell, Peter
- 217-226 Legal origins, religion and health outcomes: a cross-country comparison of organ donation laws
by Riambau, Guillem & Lai, Clin & Zhao, Boyu Lu & Liu, Jean
- 227-242 The change in social norms in the Mafia's territories: the anti-racket movement of Addiopizzo
by Lipari, Francesca & Andrighetto, Giulia
- 243-266 The corruption–growth relationship: does the political regime matter?
by Saha, Shrabani & Sen, Kunal
- 267-288 Possession is Nine-Tenths of the Law: possession, property, and coordination in a Hawk–Dove Experiment
by Fabbri, Marco & Rizzolli, Matteo & Maruotti, Antonello
- 289-304 Economic freedom and antisemitism
by Berggren, Niclas & Nilsson, Therese
- 305-319 A novel institution: the Zollverein and the origins of the customs union
by Ploeckl, Florian
- 321-337 The last guardian of the throne: the regional army in the late Qing dynasty
by Peng, Linan
- 339-357 Beyond state capacity: bureaucratic performance, policy implementation and reform
by Williams, Martin J.
February 2021, Volume 17, Issue 1
- 1-19 A machine-learning history of English caselaw and legal ideas prior to the Industrial Revolution I: generating and interpreting the estimates
by Grajzl, Peter & Murrell, Peter
- 21-36 Blockchain and institutional complexity: an extended institutional approach
by Frolov, Daniil
- 37-52 The fundamental Coase of development: property rights foundations of the effective state
by Piano, Ennio E. & Salter, Alexander W.
- 53-70 Institutions, the social capital structure, and multilevel marketing companies
by Lofthouse, Jordan K. & Storr, Virgil Henry
- 71-89 The Ostroms and the contestable nature of goods: beyond taxonomies and toward institutional polycentricity
by Rayamajhee, Veeshan & Paniagua, Pablo
- 91-104 Institutions, social order and wealth in ancient India
by Rooney, Jim & Murthy, Vijaya
- 105-131 Burning the Rechtsstaat: legal institutions and protection of the rule of law
by Hartwell, Christopher A. & Urban, Mateusz
- 133-151 Multinational enterprises, political institutions, and violence: a case study from Mozambique
by Mairoce, Carlos & Silberberger, Magdalene & Zweynert, Joachim
- 153-170 On the limits of markets
by Hodgson, Geoffrey M.
- 171-175 If you can do it for free, there's some way to do it for money
by Brennan, Jason & Jaworski, Peter
- 177-183 Market dominance and endogenous decline: the contribution of historical analysis
by van Bavel, Bas
December 2020, Volume 16, Issue 6
- 747-765 Economic cognitive institutions
by Petracca, Enrico & Gallagher, Shaun
- 767-783 The evolution of the Offshore US-Dollar System: past, present and four possible futures
by Murau, Steffen & Rini, Joe & Haas, Armin
- 785-808 Cultural roots of family ties
by Davis, Lewis S. & Williamson, Claudia R.
- 809-830 Trust and R&D investments: evidence from OECD countries
by Ndubuisi, Gideon
- 831-862 The role of collective action for the emergence and consolidation of democracy
by Li Donni, Paolo & Marino, Maria
- 863-882 Spectrum anarchy: why self-governance of the radio spectrum works better than we think
by Bustamante, Pedro & Gomez, Marcela & Murtazashvili, Ilia & Weiss, Martin
- 883-910 Political instability, institutional change and economic growth in Brazil since 1870
by Campos, Nauro & Karanasos, Menelaos & Koutroumpis, Panagiotis & Zhang, Zihui
- 911-929 The relative importance of regional institutions and external finance for small business investment: evidence from Vietnam
by Nguyen, Bach
- 931-953 Financial globalization and institutions in Africa: the case of foreign direct investment, central bank independence and political institutions
by Agoba, Abel Mawuko & Agbloyor, Elikplimi & Gyeke-Dako, Afua Agyapomaa & Acquah, Mac-Clara
October 2020, Volume 16, Issue 5
- 569-577 Conceptualizing the business corporation: insights from history
by Gindis, David
- 579-595 Medieval corporations, membership and the common good: rethinking the critique of shareholder primacy
by Mansell, Samuel F. & Sison, Alejo José G.
- 597-621 Ernst Freund as precursor of the rational study of corporate law
by Gindis, David
- 623-642 The Anglo-American misconception of stockholders as ‘owners’ and ‘members’: its origins and consequences
by Ciepley, David
- 643-664 A new understanding of the history of limited liability: an invitation for theoretical reframing
by Harris, Ron
- 665-674 Institutional analysis and the gift: an introduction to the symposium
by Kesting, Stefan & Negru, Ioana & Silvestri, Paolo
- 675-685 Defining the gift
by Elder-Vass, Dave
- 687-701 Mauss's The Gift, or the necessity of an institutional perspective in economics
by Cedrini, Mario Aldo & Ambrosino, Angela & Marchionatti, Roberto & Caillé, Alain
- 703-714 Gifts as governance: Church Welfare and the Samaritan's dilemma
by Goodman, Nathan P. & Herzberg, Roberta Q.
- 715-729 The stakeholder-empowering philanthropy of Edward Filene
by Taylor, Keith & Goodman, Nathan P.
- 731-746 Money or in-kind gift? Evidence from red packets in China
by Hudik, Marek & Fang, Eddy S.
August 2020, Volume 16, Issue 4
- 409-422 Qualitative research methods for institutional analysis
by Skarbek, David
- 423-425 Economics is not statistics (and vice versa)
by Leeson, Peter T.
- 427-428 Please, open the windows!
by Ménard, Claude
- 429-431 How should economists analyze institutions? Comments on David Skarbek, ‘Qualitative research methods for institutional analysis’
by Shirley, Mary M.
- 433-444 Is Bitcoin a decentralized payment mechanism?
by Luther, William J. & Stein Smith, Sean
- 445-461 Traditional law in times of the nation state: why is it so prevalent?
by Gutmann, Jerg & Voigt, Stefan
- 463-479 In-transit cold treatment: a case of institutional path dependence
by Lubello, Pasquale & Codron, Jean-Marie
- 481-502 The joint impact of infrastructure and institutions on economic growth
by Zergawu, Yitagesu Zewdu & Walle, Yabibal M. & Giménez-Gómez, José-Manuel
- 503-518 Calling the cavalry: firm-level investment in the face of decentralized expropriation
by Marques, Israel & Levina, Irina & Kazun, Anton & Yakovlev, Andrei
- 519-536 Digital protectionism and national planning in the age of the internet: the case of Iran
by Yalcintas, Altug & Alizadeh, Naseraddin
- 537-552 Collaborative innovation blocs and antifragility
by Elert, Niklas & Henrekson, Magnus
- 553-556 Economics is whatever the comparative advantage of economists is: a comment on Leeson (2020)
by Murphy, Ryan H.
- 557-568 Carl Menger: Contribution to the Theory of Capital (1888), Section V
by Braun, Eduard
June 2020, Volume 16, Issue 3
- 251-269 The impact of experience on how we perceive the rule of law
by Arruñada, Benito
- 271-286 Contingencies in the relationship between economic freedom and human development: the role of generalized trust
by Graafland, Johan
- 287-303 Is confidence in major companies rooted in generalized social trust, or regulatory quality, or both?
by Leibrecht, Markus & Pitlik, Hans
- 305-318 The religious origins of the rule of law
by Hill, Peter J.
- 319-335 The origins of Buchanan's views on federalism, Chicago 1946–1947
by Marciano, Alain
- 337-354 Reassessing the dependence of capitalism on democracy – the case of Imperial Germany and the Weimar Republic
by Wegner, Gerhard
- 355-368 Fighting on Christmas: brawling as self-governance in rural Peru
by Escalante, Edwar E. & March, Raymond J.
- 369-387 Give us a little social credit: to design or to discover personal ratings in the era of Big Data
by Devereaux, Abigail & Peng, Linan
- 389-408 The political economy of (de)regulation: theory and evidence from the US electricity industry
by Guerriero, Carmine
April 2020, Volume 16, Issue 2
- 119-126 The Art and Science of Economic Explanation: Introduction to the Special Issue in Honor of Yoram Barzel
by Candela, Rosolino A. & Piano, Ennio E.
- 127-144 Rationing by racing and the Oklahoma land rushes
by Allen, Douglas W. & Leonard, Bryan
- 145-150 Logic is a harsh mistress: welfare economics for economists
by Leeson, Peter T.
- 151-167 The politics of land property rights
by Cai, Meina & Murtazashvili, Ilia & Murtazashvili, Jennifer
- 169-183 Desertion as theft
by Piano, Ennio E. & Rouanet, Louis
- 185-197 Property, predation and socialist reality
by Boettke, Peter J.
- 199-215 Property rights and domestication
by Lueck, Dean & Torrens, Gustavo
- 217-232 Is there a limit to the size of the state? The scope conditions of Wagner's law
by Karceski, Steven M. & Kiser, Edgar
- 233-249 The political economy of insecure property rights: insights from the Kingdom of Sicily
by Candela, Rosolino A.
February 2020, Volume 16, Issue 1
- 1-12 Hayekian welfare states: explaining the coexistence of economic freedom and big government
by Bergh, Andreas
- 13-24 Elite collective agency and the state
by ErtÃ¼rk, Korkut Alp
- 25-40 What do we call money? An appraisal of the money or non-money view
by Frasser, Cristian & GuzmÃ¡n, Gabriel
- 41-47 Introduction to the Kornai 90 Symposium
by Piroska, DÃ³ra & Rosta, MiklÃ³s
- 49-64 Agricultural soft budget constraints in new European Union member states
by FertÅ‘, Imre & Bojnec, Å tefan & Fogarasi, JÃ³zsef & Viira, Ants Hannes
- 65-82 Horizontal â€œchecks and balancesâ€ in the socialist regime: the party chief and mayor template
by Zhou, Yang
- 83-104 Institutional transformation and development from an economic transition perspective: the case of Argentina
by PerÃ©nyi, Ã ron & Esposto, Alexis & Bamforth, Jill
- 105-118 Re-feudalizing democracy: an approach to authoritarian populism taken from institutional economics
by Ã dÃ¡m, ZoltÃ¡n
December 2019, Volume 15, Issue 6
- 933-950 Liberalizing, state building, and getting to Denmark: analyzing 21st-century institutional change
by Murphy, Ryan H.
- 951-962 Chester Barnard revisited: spontaneous orders and the firm
by Walsh, Aidan & Brady, Malcolm
- 963-982 US State constitutional entrenchment and default in the 19th century
by Dove, John A. & Young, Andrew T.
- 983-998 Democracy without political parties: the case of ancient Athens
by Tridimas, George
- 999-1016 Roots of tolerance among second-generation immigrants
by Berggren, Niclas & Ljunge, Martin & Nilsson, Therese
- 1017-1035 Trade and institutions: explaining urban giants
by Candau, Fabien & Gbandi, Tchapo
- 1037-1053 Personnel is Policy: Regulatory Capture at the Federal Trade Commission, 1914â€“1929
by Newman, Patrick
- 1055-1074 Editorial introduction to â€˜Collectivist planningâ€™ by Michael Polanyi (1940)
by Hodgson, Geoffrey M. & Polanyi, Michael
October 2019, Volume 15, Issue 5
- 751-774 Extractive institutions? Investor returns to Indian railway companies in the age of high imperialism
by Bogart, Dan & Chaudhary, Latika
- 775-789 Entrepreneurs and ritual in China's economic culture
by Herrmann-Pillath, Carsten & Feng, Xingyuan & Guo, Man
- 791-809 Individuality and habits in institutional economics
by Spong, Heath
- 811-826 Linking precolonial institutions with ethnic fractionalisation: what are we measuring?
by Larcom, Shaun
- 827-843 The evolution of property rights in Hellenistic Greece and the Ptolemaic Kingdom of Egypt
by Economou, Emmanouil M. L. & Kyriazis, Nicholas C.
- 845-859 Institutions and moral agency: the case of Scottish banking
by Robson, Angus & Beadle, Ron
- 861-879 Citizensâ€“expertsâ€™ interactions under different institutional arrangements: assessing the role of uncertainty, interests, and values
by Bogliacino, Francesco & Codagnone, Cristiano & Veltri, Giuseppe Alessandro
- 881-896 What do workers want? Institutional complementarity as a mechanism of social change
by Krampf, Arie
- 897-914 â€˜Post-truthâ€™ schooling and marketized education: explaining the decline in Sweden's school quality
by Henrekson, Magnus & WennstrÃ¶m, Johan
- 915-931 The political economy of property rights in monarchical Iraq: the quest for land reform 1944â€“1958
by El-Joumayle, Omar A. M. & Yousif, Bassam
August 2019, Volume 15, Issue 4
- 569-578 Comparative institutional advantage: an obituary
by Reale, Filippo
- 579-593 Interactive intentionality and norm formation
by Guarnieri, Pietro
- 595-614 The revolving door, state connections, and inequality of influence in the financial sector
by Brezis, Elise S. & Cariolle, JoÃ«l
- 615-630 The role of regulation in constituting markets: a co-evolutionary perspective on the UK television production sector
by LourenÃ§o, Ana & Turner, Simon
- 631-648 Do voters dislike liberalizing reforms? New evidence using data on satisfaction with democracy
by Berggren, Niclas & BjÃ¸rnskov, Christian
- 649-671 Informal, formal institutions and credit: complements or substitutes?
by Cruz-GarcÃa, Paula & PeirÃ³-Palomino, JesÃºs
- 673-694 Is competition among cooperative banks a negative sum game?
by Coccorese, Paolo & Ferri, Giovanni
- 695-713 Belgium's historic beer diversity: should we raise a pint to institutions?
by Poelmans, Eline & Taylor, Jason E.
- 715-731 General theorising and historical specificity: Hodgson on Keynes
by O'Donnell, Rod
- 733-740 Keynes and the historical specificity of institutions: a response to Rod O'Donnell
by Hodgson, Geoffrey M.
- 741-747 On the logical properties of Keynesâ€™s theorising, and different approaches to the Keynesâ€“institutionalism nexus
by O'Donnell, Rod
- 749-749 General theorising and historical specificity: Hodgson on Keynes â€“ CORRIGENDUM
by O'Donnell, Rod
June 2019, Volume 15, Issue 3
- 381-396 Rules, perception and emotion: When do institutions determine behaviour?
by Markey-Towler, Brendan
- 397-412 Does national culture change as countries develop? Evidence from generational cleavages
by Tarabar, Danko
- 413-429 Blockchain technology and the governance of foreign aid
by Reinsberg, Bernhard
- 431-447 Social and scientific disorder as epistemic phenomena, or the consequences of government dietary guidelines
by Scheall, Scott & Butos, William N. & McQuade, Thomas
- 449-468 Economic integration and state capacity
by Bruszt, Laszlo & Campos, Nauro F.
- 469-486 Pure theory and progressive liberalism: Frank Fetter and the Austrian economists
by McCaffrey, Matthew
- 487-503 Individual trust: does quality of local institutions matter?
by Camussi, Silvia & Mancini, Anna Laura
- 505-519 Governing the banking system: an assessment of resilience based on Elinor Ostrom's design principles
by Salter, Alexander William & Tarko, Vlad
- 521-537 Combining formal and informal contract enforcement in a developed legal system: a latent class approach
by Mike, KÃ¡roly & Kiss, GÃ¡bor
- 539-551 The dynamic properties of institutional reform: an analysis of US states
by Bolen, J. Brandon
- 553-567 Measuring the effectiveness of bankruptcy institutions: filtering failures in Slovenian financial reorganizations
by Cepec, Jaka & Grajzl, Peter
April 2019, Volume 15, Issue 2
- 189-205 Getting off the ground: the case of bitcoin
by Luther, William J.
- 207-233 Taxonomic definitions in social science, with firms, markets and institutions as case studies
by Hodgson, Geoffrey M.
- 235-258 Institutional complementarities between labour laws and innovation
by Belloc, Filippo
- 259-280 Social values and institutional change: an experimental study
by Gã‹Rxhani, Klarita & Van Breemen, Jacqueline
- 281-301 Addressing misperceptions of Governing the Commons
by Sarker, Ashutosh & Blomquist, William
- 303-326 The punitive consequences of organizational structures in England, France and the United States
by D'Amico, Daniel J. & Williamson, Claudia
- 327-350 The failure of ancient Greek growth: institutions, culture and energy cost
by Tridimas, George
- 351-380 How do political institutions affect fiscal capacity? Explaining taxation in developing economies
by Ricciuti, Roberto & Savoia, Antonio & Sen, Kunal
February 2019, Volume 15, Issue 1
- 1-25 Institutions, rule-following and conditional reasoning
by Hã‰Doin, Cyril
- 27-48 The competition and evolution of ideas in the public sphere: a new foundation for institutional theory
by Markey-Towler, Brendan
- 49-72 The Darwinian dynamic of sexual selection that Thorstein Veblen missed and its relevance to institutional economics
by Wisman, Jon D.
- 73-80 Introduction to the symposium on the empirics of judicial institutions
by Marciano, Alain & Ramello, Giovanni B.
- 81-98 The economic importance of judicial institutions, their performance and the proper way to measure them
by Marciano, Alain & Melcarne, Alessandro & Ramello, Giovanni B.
- 99-120 What makes prosecutors independent? Analysing the institutional determinants of prosecutorial independence
by Voigt, Stefan & Wulf, Alexander J.
- 121-141 The economic impact of legislation and litigation on growth: a historical analysis of Italy from its unification to World War II
by Di Vita, Giuseppe & Di Vita, Fabio & Cafiso, Gianluca
- 143-162 Determinants of in-court settlements: empirical evidence from a German trial court
by Berlemann, Michael & Christmann, Robin
- 163-188 Bias, insecurity and the level of trust in the judiciary: the case of Brazil
by Yeung, Luciana L.
December 2018, Volume 14, Issue 6
- 975-1001 Innovation and institutions from the bottom up: an introduction
by Harper, David A.
- 1003-1024 Bottom-up or top-down? The origins of the Industrial Revolution
by Mokyr, Joel
- 1025-1047 Governing the innovation commons
by Potts, Jason
- 1049-1070 Fission, forking and fine tuning
by Langlois, Richard N.
- 1071-1096 From Quaker Oats to Virgin Brides: Brand capital as a complex adaptive system
by Harper, David A. & Endres, Anthony M.
- 1097-1120 The costs of free: commoditization, bundling and concentration
by Barnett, Jonathan M.
- 1121-1137 Exploring the changing institutions of early-stage finance
by Shane, Scott & Nicolaou, Nicos
- 1139-1162 Shifting institutional roles in biomedical innovation in a learning healthcare system
by Eisenberg, Rebecca S.
October 2018, Volume 14, Issue 5
- 787-809 Spontaneous disorder: conflict-kindling institutions in virtual worlds
by Mildenberger, Carl David
- 811-832 Contracts and trust: complements or substitutes?
by Mccannon, Bryan C. & Asaad, Colleen Tokar & Wilson, Mark
- 833-851 Bankruptcies, bailouts, and some political economy of corporate reorganization
by Dellisanti, Dylan & Wagner, Richard E.
- 853-876 Institutional interconnections: understanding symbiotic relationships
by Von Jacobi, Nadia
- 877-899 Shadow markets and hierarchies: comparing and modeling networks in the Dark Net
by Norgaard, Julia R. & Walbert, Harold J. & Hardy, R. August
- 901-924 Institutional solutions to free-riding in peer-to-peer networks: a case study of online pirate communities
by Harris, Colin
- 925-947 Ideas, leaders, and institutions in 19th-century Chile
by Couyoumdjian, Juan Pablo & Larroulet, Cristiã N
- 949-974 Laboratory federalism and intergovernmental grants
by Garzarelli, Giampaolo & Keeton, Lyndal
August 2018, Volume 14, Issue 4
- 579-593 Economy as instituted process: the case of hard rock mining in the United States
by Brown, Christopher
- 595-616 Is there a future for sharing? A comparison of traditional and new institutions
by Fremstad, Anders
- 617-638 The Hayekâ€“Friedman hypothesis on the press: is there an association between economic freedom and press freedom?
by Bjã˜Rnskov, Christian
- 639-658 Blockchains and the economic institutions of capitalism
by Davidson, Sinclair & De Filippi, Primavera & Potts, Jason
- 659-687 The rule of law, central bank independence and price stability
by Nurbayev, Daniyar
- 689-714 Money and its institutional substitutes: the role of exchange institutions in human cooperation
by Harwick, Cameron
- 715-737 Hospitalitas: Barbarian settlements and constitutional foundations of medieval Europe
by Young, Andrew T.
- 739-765 Economic freedom and growth across German districts
by Spruk, Rok & Keå Eljeviä†, Aleksandar
- 767-786 From Cambridge Keynesian to institutional economist: the unnoticed contributions of Robert Neild
by Hodgson, Geoffrey M. & Gagliardi, Francesca & Gindis, David
June 2018, Volume 14, Issue 3
- 409-422 Introduction to the special issue on adapting institutions to climate change
by Roggero, Matteo & Villamayor-Tomas, Sergio & Oberlack, Christoph & Eisenack, Klaus & Bisaro, Alexander & Hinkel, Jochen & Thiel, Andreas
- 423-448 Institutions in the climate adaptation literature: a systematic literature review through the lens of the Institutional Analysis and Development framework
by Roggero, Matteo & Bisaro, Alexander & Villamayor-Tomas, Sergio
- 449-471 Expert-influence in adapting flood governance: An institutional analysis of the spatial turns in the United States and the Netherlands
by Bergsma, Emmy
- 473-499 Public Choice barriers to efficient climate adaptation â€“ theoretical insights and lessons learned from German flood disasters
by Gawel, Erik & Lehmann, Paul & Strunz, Sebastian & Heuson, Clemens
- 501-526 Disturbance features, coordination and cooperation: an institutional economics analysis of adaptations in the Spanish irrigation sector
by Villamayor-Tomas, Sergio
- 527-555 Archetypical barriers to adapting water governance in river basins to climate change
by Oberlack, Christoph & Eisenack, Klaus
- 557-578 Adapting as usual: integrative and segregative institutions shaping adaptation to climate change in local public administrations
by Roggero, Matteo & Thiel, Andreas
April 2018, Volume 14, Issue 2
- 197-205 Introduction to the Special Issue on colonial institutions and African development
by Parent, Antoine
- 207-231 Democracy and institutions in postcolonial Africa
by Green, Alan
- 233-258 Constitutional bargaining and the quality of contemporary African institutions: a test of the incremental reform hypothesis
by Congleton, Roger D. & Yoo, Dongwoo
- 259-287 Is colonialism history? The declining impact of colonial legacies on African institutional and economic development
by Maseland, Robbert
- 289-312 Copying informal institutions: the role of British colonial officers during the decolonization of British Africa
by Seidler, Valentin
- 313-343 From coercion to compensation: institutional responses to labour scarcity in the Central African Copperbelt
by Juif, Dã Cil & Frankema, Ewout
- 345-372 Historical institutional determinants of financial system development in Africa
by Emenalo, Chukwunonye O. & Gagliardi, Francesca & Hodgson, Geoffrey M.
- 373-391 Institutions and the colonisation of Africa: some lessons from French colonial economics
by Zouache, Abdallah
- 393-408 ClÃ©ment Juglar and Algeria: three pillars of modern anti-colonial criticism
by Parent, Antoine & Butler, Robert
February 2018, Volume 14, Issue 1
- 1-22 How to measure informal institutions
by Voigt, Stefan
- 23-44 Private provision of public goods via crowdfunding Â§
by Hudik, Marek & Chovanculiak, Robert
- 45-70 Do open online projects create social norms?
by Dang Nguyen, Godefroy & Dejean, Sylvain & Jullien, Nicolas
- 71-102 Do institutions moderate globalization's effect on growth?
by Mullings, Robert
- 103-125 The moral dimensions of the employment relationship: institutional implications
by Lopes, Helena
- 127-156 Imposed institutions and preferences for redistribution Â§
by Chong, Alberto & Gradstein, Mark
- 157-180 Institutions and place: bringing context back into the study of the resource curse
by Orihuela, Josã‰ Carlos
- 181-195 Does being a foreigner shape judicial behaviour? Evidence from the Constitutional Court of Andorra, 1993â€“2016
by Garoupa, Nuno
December 2017, Volume 13, Issue 4