Financialisation: Structure, Extent, Consequences
Financialisation is a complex and dynamic process of enlarging the monetary and financial relations in economy and society. This paper deals with the analysis of the financial market structure, such as: the role and magnitude of financial sectors, the dynamics of the banking sector versus the stock market and the rising role of the shadow banking sector. Also, it explains and analyzes the ways and modalities to develop financialisation by growing the public and private indebtedness, extension of the securitisation process and using the financial derivatives on a large scale. Considered as endogenous factors, they all increase the fragility of the financial system.
Volume (Year): (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 004 021 3188148
Fax: 004 021 3188148
Web page: http://www.ipe.ro/Email:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 8973.
- repec:wbk:wboper:13418 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wbk:wboper:13428 is not listed on IDEAS
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2010. "Financialization and the Global Economy," Working Papers wp240, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Triandafil, Cristina Maria, 2013. "Sustenabilitatea procesului de convergenta nominalala si reala în cadrul UE în contextul crizei financiare; implicatii asupra cadrului de reglementare prudentiala," Studii Economice 130909, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Andreas Lehnert & Wayne Passmore & Shane M. Sherlund, 2006.
"GSEs, mortgage rates, and secondary market activities,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2006-30, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Andreas Lehnert & Wayne Passmore & Shane Sherlund, 2008. "GSEs, Mortgage Rates, and Secondary Market Activities," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 343-363, April.
- Andreas Lehnert & Wayne Passmore & Shane M. Sherlund, 2005. "GSEs, mortgage rates, and secondary market activities," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-07, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Altunbas, Yener & Gambacorta, Leonardo & Marqués-Ibáñez, David, 2007.
"Securitisation and the bank lending channel,"
Working Paper Series
0838, European Central Bank.
- Yener Altunbas & Leonardo Gambacorta & David Marquï¿½s, 2007. "Securitisation and the bank lending channel," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 653, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Yener Altunbas & Leonardo Gambacorta & David Marques, 2008. "Securitization and the bank lending channel," Proceedings 1101, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Bryan J. Noeth & Rajdeep Sengupta, 2012. "A look at credit default swaps and their impact on the European debt crisis," The Regional Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Apr.
- Costas Lapavitsas, 2009. "Financialisation, or the search for profits in the sphere of circulation," EKONOMIAZ, Gobierno Vasco / Eusko Jaurlaritza / Basque Government, vol. 72(03), pages 98-119.
- Ozgur Emre Ergungor, 2002. "Market- vs. bank-based financial systems: do investor rights really matter?," Working Paper 0101R, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2007.
"Financialization: What It Is and Why It Matters,"
wp153, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2007. "Financialization: What It Is and Why It Matters," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_525, Levy Economics Institute.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2008. "Financialization: What it is and Why it Matters," IMK Working Paper 04-2008, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Hyman P. Minsky, 1992. "The Financial Instability Hypothesis," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_74, Levy Economics Institute.
- repec:wbk:wboper:12202 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wbk:wboper:13433 is not listed on IDEAS
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 1999. "Bank-based and market-based financial systems - cross-country comparisons," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2143, The World Bank.
- Dobrescu, Emilian, 2010. "Macromodel Simulations for the Romanian Economy," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(2), pages 7-28, July.
- World Bank & International Finance Corporaton, . "Doing Business in Kenya 2012," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13419, The World Bank.
- James Crotty, 2009.
"Structural causes of the global financial crisis: a critical assessment of the 'new financial architecture',"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 563-580, July.
- James Crotty, 2008. "Structural Causes of the Global Financial Crisis: A Critical Assessment of the ‘New Financial Architecture’," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2008-14, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- James Crotty, 2008. "Structural Causes of the Global Financial Crisis: A Critical Assessment of the ‘New Financial Architecture’," Working Papers wp180, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Andreas Jobst, 2005. "The regulatory treatment of asset securitisation: The Basel Securitisation Framework explained," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 13(1), pages 15-42, February.
- Hans J. Blommestein & Ahmet Keskinler & Carrick Lucas, 2011. "Outlook for the Securitisation Market," OECD Journal: Financial Market Trends, OECD Publishing, vol. 2011(1), pages 259-276.
- Vink, Dennis, 2007. "ABS, MBS and CDO compared: an empirical analysis," MPRA Paper 10381, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 Sep 2008.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rjr:romjef:v::y:2013:i:2:p:172-192. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.