How financial innovation might cancel out bank regulation along financial cycles. A Keynes's state of confidence interpretation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Éric Tymoigne, 2011. "Measuring Macroprudential Risk: Financial Fragility Indexes," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_654, Levy Economics Institute.
- Heid, Frank, 2007. "The cyclical effects of the Basel II capital requirements," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3885-3900, December.
- Xavier Freixas & Jean-Charles Rochet, 1997. "Microeconomics of Banking," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061937, January.
- Nigel Jenkinson & Adrian Penalver & Nicholas Vause, 2008. "Financial Innovation: What Have We Learnt?," RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Paul Bloxham & Christopher Kent (ed.), Lessons from the Financial Turmoil of 2007 and 2008 Reserve Bank of Australia.
- David Dequech, 2005. "Confidence and alternative Keynesian methods of asset choice," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 533-547.
- James Crotty, 2009.
"Structural causes of the global financial crisis: a critical assessment of the 'new financial architecture',"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 563-580, July.
- James Crotty, 2008. "Structural Causes of the Global Financial Crisis: A Critical Assessment of the ‘New Financial Architecture’," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2008-14, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- James Crotty, 2008. "Structural Causes of the Global Financial Crisis: A Critical Assessment of the ‘New Financial Architecture’," Working Papers wp180, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- J. M. Keynes, 1937. "The General Theory of Employment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(2), pages 209-223.
- L. Randall Wray, 2009. "The rise and fall of money manager capitalism: a Minskian approach," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 807-828, July.
- Charles W. Calomiris, 2009. "Financial Innovation, Regulation, and Reform," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 29(1), pages 65-91, Winter.
- David Dequech, 1999. "Expectations and Confidence under Uncertainty," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(3), pages 415-430, March.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial innovation; bank regulation; state of confidence; financial cycles;
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2014-03-15 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2014-03-15 (Central Banking)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pke:wpaper:pkwp1403. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jo Michell). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pksggea.html .