Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description .
2018, Volume 53, Issue 6
- 781-793 Bridging the great divide? Making sense of the human rights-CSR relationship in UK multinational companies
by Obara, Louise J. & Peattie, Ken
- 794-805 Finding good relationships – intended and realized relational governance of international fine wine exchanges
by Ellegaard, Chris & Medlin, Christopher J.
- 806-816 Repatriate knowledge transfer: Antecedents and boundary conditions of a dyadic process
by Burmeister, Anne & Lazarova, Mila B. & Deller, Jürgen
- 817-834 What and how do SMEs gain by going international? A longitudinal investigation of financial and intellectual resource growth
by Li, Lei & Li, Dan & Goerzen, Anthony & Shi, Weilei (Stone)
- 835-849 Migrants and multinational firms: The role of institutional affinity and connectedness in FDI
by Shukla, Pallavi & Cantwell, John
- 850-861 Why does the diffusion of environmental management standards differ across countries? The role of formal and informal institutions in the adoption of ISO 14001
by Orcos, Raquel & Pérez-Aradros, Beatriz & Blind, Knut
- 862-879 Board composition, family ownership, institutional distance and the foreign equity ownership strategies of Turkish MNEs
by Ilhan-Nas, Tulay & Okan, Tarhan & Tatoglu, Ekrem & Demirbag, Mehmet & Wood, Geoffrey & Glaister, Keith W.
- 880-895 Not walking the talk? How host country cultural orientations may buffer the damage of corporate values’ misalignment in multinational corporations
by Minbaeva, Dana & Rabbiosi, Larissa & Stahl, Günter K.
- 896-910 The role of MNEs’ internationalization patterns in their regional integration of FDI locations
by Arregle, Jean-Luc & Miller, Toyah L. & Hitt, Michael A. & Beamish, Paul W.
- 911-929 Why wait? Organizational learning, institutional quality and the speed of foreign market re-entry after initial entry and exit
by Surdu, Irina & Mellahi, Kamel & Glaister, Keith W. & Nardella, Giulio
- 930-943 A double-edged sword? The antipodal effects of institutional distance on partner selection in cross-border alliances
by Krammer, Sorin M.S.
- 944-957 The evaluative legitimacy of social entrepreneurship in capitalist welfare systems
by Kibler, Ewald & Salmivaara, Virva & Stenholm, Pekka & Terjesen, Siri
- 958-968 The selection, use, and reporting of control variables in international business research: A review and recommendations
by Nielsen, Bo Bernhard & Raswant, Arpit
2018, Volume 53, Issue 5
- 605-619 Escape FDI and the dynamics of a cumulative process of institutional misalignment and contestation: Stress, strain and failure
by Barnard, Helena & Luiz, John M.
- 620-631 No place like home? How EMNCs from hyper turbulent contexts internationalize by sequentially arbitraging rents, values, and scales abroad
by Fathallah, Ramzi & Branzei, Oana & Schaan, Jean-Louis
- 632-640 Home bitter home: How labor protection influences firm offshoring
by Weng, David H. & Peng, Mike W.
- 641-652 Institutional compatibility and the internationalization of Chinese SOEs: The moderating role of home subnational institutions
by Li, Jing & Xia, Jun & Shapiro, Daniel & Lin, Zhouyu
- 653-667 The interplay between home and host country institutions in an emerging market context: Private equity in Latin America
by Mingo, Santiago & Junkunc, Marc & Morales, Francisco
- 668-681 The autocratic advantage: Internationalization of state-owned multinationals
by Clegg, L. Jeremy & Voss, Hinrich & Tardios, Janja A.
- 682-694 An institutional work view toward the internationalization of emerging market firms
by Yan, Zheng Joseph & Zhu, Jiuhua Cherrie & Fan, Di & Kalfadellis, Paul
- 695-711 Domestic political connections and international expansion: It's not only ‘who you know’ that matters
by Fernández-Méndez, Laura & García-Canal, Esteban & Guillén, Mauro F.
- 712-724 Disseminative capacity and knowledge acquisition from foreign partners in international joint ventures
by Minbaeva, Dana & Park, Chansoo & Vertinsky, Ilan & Cho, Yeon Sung
- 725-739 Extending the international new venture phenomenon to digital platform providers: A longitudinal case study
by Ojala, Arto & Evers, Natasha & Rialp, Alex
- 740-751 Managing institutional distance: Examining how firm-specific advantages impact foreign subsidiary CEO staffing
by Rickley, Marketa & Karim, Samina
- 752-767 How Chinese companies deal with a legitimacy imbalance when acquiring firms from developed economies
by Zhang, Hongjuan & Young, Michael N. & Tan, Justin & Sun, Weizheng
- 768-779 SME internationalization beyond exporting: A knowledge-based perspective across managers and advisers
by Stoian, Maria-Cristina & Dimitratos, Pavlos & Plakoyiannaki, Emmanuella
2018, Volume 53, Issue 4
- 415-432 Complements or substitutes? A meta-analysis of the role of integration mechanisms for knowledge transfer in the MNE network
by Zeng, Rong & Grøgaard, Birgitte & Steel, Piers
- 433-451 Americanization as a driver of CEO pay in Europe: The moderating role of CEO power
by Schmid, Stefan & Altfeld, Frederic & Dauth, Tobias
- 452-462 Expatriates as influencers in global work arrangements: Their impact on foreign-subsidiary employees’ ESOP participation
by Ahrens, Carolin & Oehmichen, Jana & Wolff, Michael
- 463-474 A cross-cultural meta-analysis of how leader emotional intelligence influences subordinate task performance and organizational citizenship behavior
by Miao, Chao & Humphrey, Ronald H. & Qian, Shanshan
- 475-492 Building subsidiary local responsiveness: (When) does the directionality of intrafirm knowledge transfers matter?
by Najafi-Tavani, Zhaleh & Robson, Matthew J. & Zaefarian, Ghasem & Andersson, Ulf & Yu, Chong
- 493-503 Frequency of international expansion through high control market expansion modes and interlocked directorships
by Ang, Siah Hwee & Benischke, Mirko H. & Hooi, Andrea Wai-Leng
- 504-513 Private information, institutional distance, and the failure of cross-border acquisitions: Evidence from the banking sector in Central and Eastern Europe
by Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar & Owolabi, Oluwarotimi & Pal, Sarmistha
- 514-528 Emerging Economy MNEs: How does home country munificence matter?
by Estrin, Saul & Meyer, Klaus E. & Pelletier, Adeline
- 529-539 Product innovation and decision-making autonomy in subsidiaries of multinational companies
by Beugelsdijk, Sjoerd & Jindra, Björn
- 540-554 Subsidiary coopetition competence: Navigating subsidiary evolution in the multinational corporation
by Tippmann, Esther & Sharkey Scott, Pamela & Reilly, Marty & O’Brien, Donal
- 555-567 Capital market liability of foreignness of IPO firms
by Tupper, Christina H. & Guldiken, Orhun & Benischke, Mirko
- 568-580 To elevate or to duplicate? Experiential learning, host-country institutions, and MNE post-entry commitment increase
by Putzhammer, Moritz & Fainshmidt, Stav & Puck, Jonas & Slangen, Arjen
- 581-592 Export strategy, export intensity and learning: Integrating the resource perspective and institutional perspective
by Wang, Wei & Ma, Hao
2018, Volume 53, Issue 3
- 303-306 Contextualizing international business research: Enhancing rigor and relevance
by Teagarden, Mary B. & Von Glinow, Mary Ann & Mellahi, Kamel
- 307-322 Varieties of institutional systems: A contextual taxonomy of understudied countries
by Fainshmidt, Stav & Judge, William Q. & Aguilera, Ruth V. & Smith, Adam
- 323-336 Adapting adaptation: Expanding adaptive strategy theory to account for the East Asian business context
by Fowler, Randy & Gajewska-De Mattos, Hanna & Chapman, Malcolm
- 337-355 Contextualizing international strategy by emerging market firms: A composition-based approach
by Luo, Yadong & Bu, Juan
- 356-372 Interactive visualization for research contextualization in international business
by Schotter, Andreas P.J. & Buchel, Olha & Vashchilko (Lukoianova), Tatiana
- 373-391 Willingness to rely on trust in global business collaborations: Context vs. demography
by Bidault, Francis & de la Torre, José R. & Zanakis, Stelios H. & Ring, Peter Smith
- 392-402 Global networks as a mode of balance for exploratory innovations in a late liberalizing economy
by Khan, Zaheer & Rao-Nicholson, Rekha & Tarba, Shlomo Y.
- 403-414 Contextualizing international learning: The moderating effects of mode of entry & subsidiary networks on the relationship between reforms & profitability
by Dau, Luis Alfonso
2018, Volume 53, Issue 2
- 93-103 Business group reputation and affiliates’ internationalization strategies
by Mukherjee, Debmalya & Makarius, Erin E. & Stevens, Charles E.
- 104-117 Business group effects on the R&D intensity-internationalization relationship: Empirical evidence from India
by Purkayastha, Saptarshi & Manolova, Tatiana S. & Edelman, Linda F.
- 118-133 The institutional determinants of private equity involvement in business groups—The case of Africa
by Hearn, Bruce & Oxelheim, Lars & Randøy, Trond
- 134-150 International strategy and business groups: A review and future research agenda
by Holmes, R. Michael & Hoskisson, Robert E. & Kim, Hicheon & Wan, William P. & Holcomb, Tim R.
- 151-163 When same is (not) the aim: A treatise on organizational cultural fit and knowledge transfer
by Morgulis-Yakushev, Sergey & Yildiz, H. Emre & Fey, Carl. F.
- 164-176 Global norm of national treatment for patent uncertainties: A longitudinal comparison between the US and China
by Yang, Deli & Sonmez, Mahmut (Maho)
- 177-193 Tax haven networks and the role of the Big 4 accountancy firms
by Jones, Chris & Temouri, Yama & Cobham, Alex
- 194-208 Reshoring from a demand-side perspective: Consumer reshoring sentiment and its market effects
by Grappi, Silvia & Romani, Simona & Bagozzi, Richard P.
- 209-221 Home country uncertainty and the internationalization-performance relationship: Building an uncertainty management capability
by Cuervo-Cazurra, Alvaro & Ciravegna, Luciano & Melgarejo, Mauricio & Lopez, Luis
- 222-236 Expatriates’ international opportunity recognition and innovativeness: The role of metacognitive and cognitive cultural intelligence
by Lorenz, Melanie P. & Ramsey, Jase R. & Richey, Robert Glenn
- 237-247 Bifurcation bias and exporting: Can foreign work experience be an answer? Insight from European family SMEs
by Majocchi, Antonio & D’Angelo, Alfredo & Forlani, Emanuele & Buck, Trevor
- 248-262 Subsidiary capability upgrading under emerging market acquirers
by He, Shaowei & Khan, Zaheer & Shenkar, Oded
- 263-279 Culture’s effects on corporate sustainability practices: A multi-domain and multi-level view
by Miska, Christof & Szőcs, Ilona & Schiffinger, Michael
- 280-289 A systematic approach to conducting review studies: An assessment of content analysis in 25years of IB research
by Gaur, Ajai & Kumar, Mukesh
- 290-301 Contextualizing speed and cross-border acquisition performance: Labor market flexibility and efficiency effects
by Bauer, Florian & Schriber, Svante & Degischer, Daniel & King, David R.
2018, Volume 53, Issue 1
- 15-26 Towards a holistic framework of MNE–state bargaining: A formal model and case-based analysis
by Müllner, Jakob & Puck, Jonas
- 27-38 Internationalization as a driver of the corporate social performance of extractive industry firms
by Symeou, Pavlos C. & Zyglidopoulos, Stelios & Williamson, Peter
- 39-51 The internationalization paradox: Untangling dependence in multinational state hybrids
by Rodrigues, Suzana B. & Dieleman, Marleen
- 52-62 Multinational mining enterprises and artisanal small-scale miners: From confrontation to cooperation
by Yakovleva, Natalia & Vazquez-Brust, Diego Alfonso
- 63-74 How home country industry associations influence MNE international CSR practices: Evidence from the Canadian mining industry
by Buchanan, Sean & Marques, José Carlos
- 75-84 The impact of FDI in land in agriculture in developing countries on host country food security
by Santangelo, Grazia D.
- 85-91 Multinational firms and the extractive sectors in the 21st century: Can they drive development?
by Narula, Rajneesh
2017, Volume 52, Issue 6
- 727-742 Barriers to absorptive capacity in emerging market firms
by Cuervo-Cazurra, Alvaro & Rui, Huaichuan
- 743-759 Corporate political activity and location-based advantage: MNE responses to institutional transformation in Uganda’s electricity industry
by Mbalyohere, Charles & Lawton, Thomas & Boojihawon, Roshan & Viney, Howard
- 760-768 Profiting from FDI in conflict zones
by Chen, Stephen
- 769-781 Untangling the multiple effects of slack resources on firms’ exporting behavior
by Paeleman, Ine & Fuss, Catherine & Vanacker, Tom
- 782-797 Organizational slack, national institutions and innovation effort around the world
by Malen, Joel & Vaaler, Paul M.
- 798-808 The role of national culture and corruption on managing earnings around the world
by Lewellyn, Krista B. & Bao, Shuji 'Rosey'
- 809-818 National power distance, status incongruence, and CEO dismissal
by Li, Weiwen & Lu, Yuan & Makino, Shige & Lau, Chung-Ming
- 819-830 Productivity and participation values for cooperative goals to limit free riding and promote performance in international joint ventures
by Wong, Alfred & Wei, Lu & Yang, Jie & Tjosvold, Dean
- 831-841 Research performance as a quality signal in international labor markets: Visibility of business schools worldwide through a global research performance system
by Ryazanova, Olga & McNamara, Peter & Aguinis, Herman
- 842-853 Integration-responsiveness, local hires and subsidiary performance amidst turbulence: Insights from a survey of Chinese subsidiaries
by Williams, Christopher & Colovic, Ana & Zhu, Jiqing
- 854-865 Institutional imprinting, entrepreneurial agency, and private firm innovation in transition economies
by Maksimov, Vladislav & Wang, Stephanie Lu & Luo, Yadong
2017, Volume 52, Issue 5
- 591-614 How global is international CSR research? Insights and recommendations from a systematic review
by Pisani, Niccolò & Kourula, Arno & Kolk, Ans & Meijer, Renske
- 615-627 Corporate governance, board networks and growth in domestic and international markets: Evidence from India
by Singh, Deeksha & Delios, Andrew
- 628-639 Does board independence influence financial performance in IPO firms? The moderating role of the national business system
by Zattoni, Alessandro & Witt, Michael A. & Judge, William Q. & Talaulicar, Till & Chen, Jean Jinghan & Lewellyn, Krista & Hu, Helen Wei & Gabrielsson, Jonas & Rivas, Jose Luis & Puffer, Sheila & Shukla, Dhirendra & Lopez, Felix & Adegbite, Emmanuel & Fassin, Yves & Yamak, Sibel & Fainshmidt, Stav & van Ees, Hans
- 640-652 Host country employees’ ethnic identity confirmation: Evidence from interactions with ethnically similar expatriates
by Fan, Shea X. & Harzing, Anne-Wil
- 653-663 International and market-specific social capital effects on international opportunity exploitation in the internationalization process
by Lindstrand, Angelika & Hånell, Sara Melén
- 664-679 SME international business models: The role of context and experience
by Child, John & Hsieh, Linda & Elbanna, Said & Karmowska, Joanna & Marinova, Svetla & Puthusserry, Pushyarag & Tsai, Terence & Narooz, Rose & Zhang, Yunlu
- 680-690 Is inpatriate assignment experience a ticket to the top of a foreign subsidiary? The moderating effect of subsidiary context
by Sarabi, Almasa & Froese, Fabian J. & Hamori, Monika
- 691-701 Firm internationalization from a network-centric complex-systems perspective
by Chandra, Yanto & Wilkinson, Ian F.
- 702-713 Shades of paternalistic leadership across cultures
by Mansur, Juliana & Sobral, Filipe & Goldszmidt, Rafael
- 714-725 How should we (not) judge the ‘quality’ of qualitative research? A re-assessment of current evaluative criteria in International Business
by Welch, Catherine & Piekkari, Rebecca
2017, Volume 52, Issue 3
- 327-342 Exporting challenges of SMEs: A review and future research agenda
by Paul, Justin & Parthasarathy, Sundar & Gupta, Parul
- 343-359 CSR logics in developing countries: Translation, adaptation and stalled development
by Jamali, Dima & Karam, Charlotte & Yin, Juelin & Soundararajan, Vivek
- 360-371 From human capital externality to entrepreneurial aspiration: Revisiting the migration-trade linkage
by Lin, Xiaohua & Yang, Xiyan
- 372-385 Firm age, marketization, and entry mode choices of emerging economy firms: Evidence from listed firms in China
by Xie, Qunyong
- 386-403 Bridging the language gap in multinational companies: Language strategies and the notion of company-speak
by Aichhorn, Nathalie & Puck, Jonas
- 404-416 Corporate language proficiency in reverse knowledge transfer: A moderated mediation model of shared vision and communication frequency
by Peltokorpi, Vesa & Yamao, Sachiko
- 417-430 The reshoring of business services: Reaction to failure or persistent strategy?
by Albertoni, Filippo & Elia, Stefano & Massini, Silvia & Piscitello, Lucia
- 431-446 The effect of organizational separation on individuals’ knowledge sharing in MNCs
by Dasí, Àngels & Pedersen, Torben & Gooderham, Paul N. & Elter, Frank & Hildrum, Jarle
2017, Volume 52, Issue 2
- 127-183 Country-specific determinants of cross-border mergers and acquisitions: A comprehensive review and future research directions
by Xie, En & Reddy, K.S. & Liang, Jie
- 184-196 Exploring the performance of government affairs subsidiaries: A study of organisation design and the social capital of European government affairs managers at Toyota Motor Europe and Hyundai Motor Company in Brussels
by Barron, Andrew & Pereda, Asier & Stacey, Stephen
- 197-208 The influences of perceived organizational support and motivation on self-initiated expatriates’ organizational and community embeddedness
by Chen, Yu-Ping & Shaffer, Margaret A.
- 209-229 Communist footprint and subordinate influence behavior in post-communist transition economies
by Banalieva, Elitsa R. & Karam, Charlotte M. & Ralston, David A. & Elenkov, Detelin & Naoumova, Irina & Dabic, Marina & Potocan, Vojko & Starkus, Arunas & Danis, Wade & Wallace, Alan
- 230-243 Social elites on the board and executive pay in developing countries: Evidence from Africa
by Hearn, Bruce & Strange, Roger & Piesse, Jenifer
- 244-257 Reducing poverty in the least developed countries: The role of small and medium enterprises
by Maksimov, Vladislav & Wang, Stephanie Lu & Luo, Yadong
- 258-269 Competition and corporate tax evasion: An institution-based view
by Gokalp, Omer N. & Lee, Seung-Hyun & Peng, Mike W.
- 270-285 Primary or complex? Towards a theory of metaphorical strategy communication in MNCs
by König, Andreas & Fehn, Angela & Puck, Jonas & Graf-Vlachy, Lorenz
- 286-295 Overstating and understating interaction results in international business research
by Kingsley, Allison F. & Noordewier, Thomas G. & Vanden Bergh, Richard G.
- 296-311 Multinational enterprise regional management centres: Characteristics and performance
by Chakravarty, Dwarka & Hsieh, Ying-Ying & Schotter, Andreas P.J. & Beamish, Paul W.
- 312-326 CEOs’ ambivalent interpretations, organizational market capabilities, and corporate entrepreneurship as responses to strategic issues
by Yuan, Wenlong & Bao, Yongjian & Olson, Bradley J.
2017, Volume 52, Issue 1
- 1-16 Gone are the creatures of yesteryear? On the diffusion of technological capabilities in the ‘modern’ MNC
by Blomkvist, Katarina & Kappen, Philip & Zander, Ivo
- 17-27 Global outsourcing, explorative innovation and firm financial performance: A knowledge-exchange based perspective
by Verwaal, Ernst
- 28-44 Betrayal in international buyer-seller relationships: Its drivers and performance implications
by Leonidou, Leonidas C. & Aykol, Bilge & Fotiadis, Thomas A. & Christodoulides, Paul & Zeriti, Athina
- 45-61 The influence of language differences on power dynamics in multinational teams
by Tenzer, Helene & Pudelko, Markus
- 62-82 The location choice of foreign direct investments: Empirical evidence and methodological challenges
by Nielsen, Bo Bernhard & Asmussen, Christian Geisler & Weatherall, Cecilie Dohlmann
- 83-96 Locals know best? Subsidiary HR autonomy and subsidiary performance
by Lazarova, Mila & Peretz, Hilla & Fried, Yitzhak
- 97-110 Rapid internationalization and long-term performance: The knowledge link
by García-García, Raquel & García-Canal, Esteban & Guillén, Mauro F.
- 111-123 Attention in words, not in deeds: Effects of attention dissonance on headquarters-subsidiary communication in multinational corporations
by Haq, Hammad ul & Drogendijk, Rian & Blankenburg Holm, Desirée
2016, Volume 51, Issue 6
- 882-894 How are institutional capabilities transferred across borders?
by Carney, Michael & Dieleman, Marleen & Taussig, Markus
- 895-909 Legitimizing the apprenticeship practice in a distant environment: Institutional entrepreneurship through inter-organizational networks
by Fortwengel, Johann & Jackson, Gregory
- 910-922 Institutionalizing entrepreneurial expertise in subsistence economies
by Smith, Adam & Judge, William & Pezeshkan, Amir & Nair, Anil
- 923-936 Institutional plasticity in public-private interactions: Why Japan’s port reform failed
by Hatani, Faith
- 937-949 Making the foreign familiar: The influence of top management team and board of directors characteristics on the adoption of foreign practices
by Shin, Donghoon & Seidle, Russell & Okhmatovskiy, Ilya
- 950-964 Firm-specific intangible assets and subsidiary profitability: The moderating role of distance, ownership strategy and subsidiary experience
by Contractor, Farok & Yang, Yong & Gaur, Ajai S.
- 965-976 Ownership control of foreign affiliates: A property rights theory perspective
by Driffield, Nigel & Mickiewicz, Tomasz & Temouri, Yama
- 977-990 The effect of cross-listing on the environmental, social, and governance performance of firms
by Del Bosco, Barbara & Misani, Nicola
2016, Volume 51, Issue 5
- 662-674 DIY: How internationalization shifts the locus of indigenous innovation for Chinese firms
by Jiang, Marshall S. & Branzei, Oana & Xia, Jun
- 675-685 The role of experiential and non-experiential knowledge in cross-border acquisitions: The case of Indian multinational enterprises
by Buckley, Peter J. & Munjal, Surender & Enderwick, Peter & Forsans, Nicolas
- 686-699 Learning-by-doing in emerging market multinationals: Integration, trial and error, repetition, and extension
by Rui, Huaichuan & Cuervo-Cazurra, Alvaro & Annique Un, C.
- 700-712 Exploring the influence of resource environments on absorptive capacity development: The case of emerging market firms
by Bilgili, Tsvetomira V. & Kedia, Ben L. & Bilgili, Hansin
- 713-728 Relevant knowledge and recipient ownership: Chinese MNCS’ knowledge transfer in Africa
by Rui, Huaichuan & Zhang, Miao & Shipman, Alan
- 729-743 Emerging market multinational companies’ evolutionary paths to building a competitive advantage from emerging markets to developed countries
by Kotabe, Masaaki & Kothari, Tanvi
- 744-759 Mapping the evolution of the impact of economic transition on Central and Eastern European enterprises: A co-word analysis
by Topalli, Margerita & Ivanaj, Silvester
- 760-773 The evolution of inter-organisational social capital with foreign customers: Its direct and interactive effects on SMEs’ foreign performance
by Presutti, Manuela & Boari, Cristina & Fratocchi, Luciano
- 774-786 From dilemmatic struggle to legitimized indifference: Expatriates’ host country language learning and its impact on the expatriate-HCE relationship
by Zhang, Ling Eleanor & Harzing, Anne-Wil
- 787-799 Mitigating the dual liability of newness and foreignness in capital markets: The role of returnee independent directors
by Li, Weiwen & Bruton, Garry D. & Filatotchev, Igor
- 800-814 From uncertainty to risk—A risk management framework for market entry
by Müllner, Jakob
- 815-825 How do Chinese employees react to psychological contract violation?
by Peng, Kelly Z. & Wong, Chi-Sum & Song, Jiwen Lynda
- 826-842 Institutional difference, organizational experience, and foreign affiliate performance: Evidence from Polish firms
by Trąpczyński, Piotr & Banalieva, Elitsa R.
- 843-854 Subnational institutions, political capital, and the internationalization of entrepreneurial firms in emerging economies
by Ma, Xufei & Ding, Zhujun & Yuan, Lin
- 855-870 Doing more with less, systematically? Bricolage and ingenieuring in successful social ventures
by Sunduramurthy, Chamu & Zheng, Congcong & Musteen, Martina & Francis, John & Rhyne, Lawrence
2016, Volume 51, Issue 4
- 487-498 Revisiting the standing of international business journals in the competitive landscape
by Tüselmann, Heinz & Sinkovics, Rudolf R. & Pishchulov, Grigory
- 499-510 MNE translation of corporate talent management strategies to subsidiaries in emerging economies
by Beamond, Maria Teresa & Farndale, Elaine & Härtel, Charmine E.J.
- 511-524 International strategic alliances and national culture: Mapping the field and developing a research agenda
by López-Duarte, Cristina & González-Loureiro, Miguel & Vidal-Suárez, Marta M. & González-Díaz, Belén
- 525-533 FDI decisions and business-group insider control: Evidence from Taiwanese group-affiliated firms investing in the Chinese market
by Lin, Wen-Ting
- 534-547 External managers, family ownership and the scope of SME internationalization
by D’Angelo, Alfredo & Majocchi, Antonio & Buck, Trevor
- 548-567 A systems perspective on offshoring strategy and motivational drivers amongst onshore and offshore employees
by Zimmermann, Angelika & Ravishankar, M.N.
- 568-585 Cultural values, emotional intelligence, and conflict handling styles: A global study
by Gunkel, Marjaana & Schlaegel, Christopher & Taras, Vas
- 586-599 A socioemotional wealth perspective on how collaboration intensity, trust, and international market knowledge affect family firms’ multinationality
by Cesinger, Beate & Hughes, Mathew & Mensching, Helge & Bouncken, Ricarda & Fredrich, Viktor & Kraus, Sascha
- 600-611 Emerging economies and institutional quality: Assessing the differential effects of institutional distances on ownership strategy
by Liou, Ru-Shiun & Chao, Mike Chen-Ho & Yang, Monica
- 612-627 The legitimacy of subsidiary issue selling: Balancing positive & negative attention from corporate headquarters
by Conroy, Kieran M. & Collings, David G.
- 628-640 An empirical analysis and extension of internalization theory in emerging markets: The role of firm-specific assets and asset dispersion in the multinationality-performance relationship
by Kirca, Ahmet H. & Fernandez, Whitney Douglas & Kundu, Sumit K.
- 641-653 Tapping the power of local knowledge: A local-global interactive perspective
by Li, Shenxue & Easterby-Smith, Mark & Lyles, Marjorie A. & Clark, Timothy
2016, Volume 51, Issue 3
- 343-355 Aligning corporate transfer intentions and subsidiary HRM practice implementation in multinational corporations
by Ahlvik, Catarina & Smale, Adam & Sumelius, Jennie
- 356-368 Environmental risks, localization and the overseas subsidiary performance of MNEs from an emerging economy
by Liu, Xiaohui & Gao, Lan & Lu, Jiangyong & Lioliou, Eleni
- 369-378 Institutional development and firm profitability in transition economies
by Kafouros, Mario & Aliyev, Murod
- 379-390 Strategy development: Driving improvisation in Malaysia
by Hodgkinson, Ian R. & Hughes, Paul & Arshad, Darwina
- 391-403 The effect of social networks and dynamic internationalization capabilities on international performance
by Pinho, José Carlos & Prange, Christiane
- 404-412 Reconceptualizing cultural distance: The role of cultural experience reserve in cross-border acquisitions
by Popli, Manish & Akbar, Mohammad & Kumar, Vikas & Gaur, Ajai
- 413-424 Performance of professional service firms from emerging markets: Role of innovative services and firm capabilities
by Bello, Daniel C. & Radulovich, Lori P. & Javalgi, Rajshekhar (Raj) G. & Scherer, Robert F. & Taylor, Jennifer
- 425-437 Too much of a good thing: Does international experience variety accelerate or delay executives’ career advancement?
by Georgakakis, Dimitrios & Dauth, Tobias & Ruigrok, Winfried
- 438-450 The spatial structure of foreign subsidiaries and MNE expansion strategy
by Jiang, Guoliang F. & Holburn, Guy L.F. & Beamish, Paul W.
- 451-462 Institutional duality and political strategies of foreign-invested firms in an emerging economy
by Zhang, Yanlong & Zhao, Wei & Ge, Jianhua
- 463-473 The effects of institutional development and national culture on cross-national differences in corporate reputation
by Deephouse, David L. & Newburry, William & Soleimani, Abrahim
- 474-485 Innovating across boundaries: A portfolio perspective on innovation partnerships of multinational corporations
by Piening, Erk P. & Salge, Torsten Oliver & Schäfer, Sebastian
2016, Volume 51, Issue 2
- 185-199 What is beneficial for first-time SME-exporters from a transition economy: A diversified or a focused export-strategy?
by Dikova, Desislava & Jaklič, Andreja & Burger, Anže & Kunčič, Aljaž
- 200-211 How valuable is information and communication technology? A study of emerging economy enterprises
by Luo, Yadong & Bu, Juan
- 212-225 Internationalization process, impact of slack resources, and role of the CEO: The duality of structure and agency in evolution of cross-border acquisition decisions
by Dutta, Dev K. & Malhotra, Shavin & Zhu, PengCheng
- 226-236 A gene-dependent climatoeconomic model of generalized trust
by Kong, Dejun Tony
- 237-250 The determinants of tax haven FDI
by Jones, Chris & Temouri, Yama
- 251-263 Internationalization and innovation performance of emerging market enterprises: The role of host-country institutional development
by Wu, Jie & Wang, Chengqi & Hong, Junjie & Piperopoulos, Panagiotis & Zhuo, Shuaihe
- 264-277 Host country network, industry experience, and international alliance formation: Evidence from the venture capital industry
by Zhang, Jing & Pezeshkan, Amir
- 278-293 Talent management motives and practices in an emerging market: A comparison between MNEs and local firms
by Tatoglu, Ekrem & Glaister, Alison J. & Demirbag, Mehmet
- 294-307 Home country institutions and the internationalization of state owned enterprises: A cross-country analysis
by Estrin, Saul & Meyer, Klaus E. & Nielsen, Bo B. & Nielsen, Sabina
- 308-318 The psychology of psychic distance: Antecedents of asymmetric perceptions
by Håkanson, Lars & Ambos, Björn & Schuster, Anja & Leicht-Deobald, Ulrich
- 319-330 Institutional changes within the European Union: How global cities and regional integration affect MNE entry decisions
by Blevins, Dane P. & Moschieri, Caterina & Pinkham, Brian C. & Ragozzino, Roberto
- 331-342 The interactive effect of time and host country location on Chinese MNCs’ performance: An empirical investigation
by Yuan, Lin & Pangarkar, Nitin & Wu, Jie
2016, Volume 51, Issue 1
- 6-9 A brief commentary on the past, present and future trajectory of the Journal of World Business
by Harvey, Michael G. & Moeller, Miriam
- 10-22 International business–government relations research 1945–2015: Concepts, typologies, theories and methodologies
by Boddewyn, Jean J.
- 23-34 The social responsibility of international business: From ethics and the environment to CSR and sustainable development
by Kolk, Ans
- 35-49 Corruption in international business
by Cuervo-Cazurra, Alvaro
- 50-57 Global corporate governance: On the relevance of firms’ ownership structure
by Aguilera, Ruth V. & Crespi-Cladera, Rafel
- 58-73 International strategy: From local to global and beyond
by Hitt, Michael A. & Li, Dan & Xu, Kai
- 74-82 The contribution of internalisation theory to international business: New realities and unanswered questions
by Buckley, Peter J.
- 83-92 An internalization theory perspective on the global and regional strategies of multinational enterprises
by Verbeke, Alain & Kano, Liena
- 93-102 Internationalization: From incremental to born global
by Knight, Gary A. & Liesch, Peter W.
- 103-114 The search for global competence: From international HR to talent management
by Cascio, Wayne F. & Boudreau, John W.
- 115-126 From cross-cultural management to global leadership: Evolution and adaptation
by Bird, Allan & Mendenhall, Mark E.
- 127-141 Evolving and enduring challenges in global mobility
by Caligiuri, Paula & Bonache, Jaime
- 142-152 New perspectives on human resource management in a global context
by Tung, Rosalie L.
- 153-162 Technology, innovation and knowledge: The importance of ideas and international connectivity
by Andersson, Ulf & Dasí, Àngels & Mudambi, Ram & Pedersen, Torben
- 163-175 Cooperative strategies in international business and management: Reflections on the past 50 years and future directions
by Beamish, Paul W. & Lupton, Nathaniel C.
- 176-184 Headquarters–subsidiary relationships in MNCs: Fifty years of evolving research
by Kostova, Tatiana & Marano, Valentina & Tallman, Stephen
2015, Volume 50, Issue 4
- 612-622 Making internalization theory good for practice: The essence of Alan Rugman's contributions to international business
by Narula, Rajneesh & Verbeke, Alain
- 631-633 Commentary: Alan Rugman and the theory of the regional multinationals
by Oh, Chang Hoon & Li, Jing
- 637-650 Ownership characteristics as determinants of FDI location decisions in emerging economies
by Lien, Yung-Chih & Filatotchev, Igor
- 651-662 Mergers and acquisitions in and out of emerging economies
by Lebedev, Sergey & Peng, Mike W. & Xie, En & Stevens, Charles E.
- 663-673 Can knowledge transfer within MNCs hurt subsidiary performance? The role of subsidiary entrepreneurial culture and capabilities
by Li, Jingxun & Lee, Ruby P.
- 674-686 Foreign executive appointments: A multilevel examination
by Greve, Peder & Biemann, Torsten & Ruigrok, Winfried
- 687-695 Determinants of export intensity in emerging markets: An upper echelon perspective
by Agnihotri, Arpita & Bhattacharya, Saurabh
- 696-703 Control in the multinational enterprise: The polycentric case of global professional service firms
by Boussebaa, Mehdi