Turkiye’de Goreli Konut Deflatoru
[TR] Diger ekonomik degiskenlerle cok guclu bir etkilesim icinde bulunan konut fiyatlari takip edilmesi gereken onemli ekonomik degiskenlerden birisidir. Konutun teminat olarak kullanilabilmesi, konut kredilerinin kredi piyasasinda onemli bir paya sahip olmasi, konut kredisi uzerine finansal enstrumanlar yazilabilmesi ve konut fiyati degisimlerinin zenginlik etkisi araciligi ile tuketim ve tasarruf davranislarini etkilemesi konut fiyatlarinin cesitli kanallar ile ekonomik etkiler ortaya koyabilmesine sebep olmaktadir. Turkiye’de gecmise yonelik uzun donemli konut fiyatlarini takip edebilecek bir konut fiyat endeksi bulunmamaktadir. Bu calismada oncelikle tuketim yontemi ile hesaplanan GSYIH altindaki konut yatirimlarina ait deflatorun farkli ulkelerde konut fiyat endeksi icin iyi bir gosterge oldugu ortaya konmustur. Daha sonra Turkiye icin 1998 yilindan itibaren konut deflatoru ve goreli konut deflatoru elde edilmistir. Goreli konut deflatoru 1998-2012 yillari arasinda ekonomik dalgalanmalari takip ederek dalgali bir seyir izlemis ve herhangi uzun donemli bir egilim sergilememistir. [EN] House price is an important economic variable to be tracked. Home ownership which constitutes a large component of investment has strong interaction with other economic variables. Housing has strong economic effects through various factors such as housing being used as collateral, the large proportion of housing credits in credit market, generating financial instruments on mortgages, and the wealth effects of changes in house prices. There is no house price index to track long-term house price changes in Turkey. In this study, it is first shown that housing investment deflator generated from expenditure approach based GDP is a good estimate for house price index in different countries. Then GDP based relative housing deflator is constructed for Turkey since 1998. This relative housing deflator follows a similar pattern to the economic fluctuations in Turkey between 1998 and 2012 and has no special long-run trend.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Head Office, Istiklal Cad. 10 Ulus, 06100 Ankara|
Phone: (90 312) 507 5000
Fax: (90 312) 507 5640
Web page: http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James Crotty, 2008.
"Structural Causes of the Global Financial Crisis: A Critical Assessment of the ‘New Financial Architecture’,"
UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers
2008-14, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- James Crotty, 2009. "Structural causes of the global financial crisis: a critical assessment of the 'new financial architecture'," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 563-580, July.
- James Crotty, 2008. "Structural Causes of the Global Financial Crisis: A Critical Assessment of the ‘New Financial Architecture’," Working Papers wp180, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Carroll, Christopher D. & Otsuka, Misuzu & Slacalek, Jiri, 2010.
"How large are housing and financial wealth effects? A new approach,"
Working Paper Series
1283, European Central Bank.
- Christopher D. Carroll & Misuzu Otsuka & Jiri Slacalek, 2011. "How Large Are Housing and Financial Wealth Effects? A New Approach," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 43(1), pages 55-79, 02.
- Matteo Iacoviello, 2004.
"Consumption, House Prices and Collateral Constraints: a Structural Econometric Analysis,"
2004 Meeting Papers
201, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Iacoviello, Matteo, 2004. "Consumption, house prices, and collateral constraints: a structural econometric analysis," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 304-320, December.
- Iacoviello, Matteo, 2004. "Consumption, House Prices and Collateral Constraints: A Structural Econometric Analysis," 2004 Meeting Papers 207b, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Matteo Iacoviello, 2004. "Consumption, House Prices and Collateral Constraints: a Structural Econometric Analysis," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 589, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 13 Sep 2004.
- Yavuz Arslan & Evren CeritoÄŸlu, 2013.
"Quality Growth Versus Inflation in Turkey,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(2), pages 31-43, March.
- Chen, Nan-Kuang & Chen, Shiu-Sheng & Chou, Yu-Hsi, 2010. "House prices, collateral constraint, and the asymmetric effect on consumption," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 26-37, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tcb:econot:1314. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.