Determinants of School Choice:Evidence from Rural Punjab, Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrabi, Tahir & Das, Jishnu & Khwaja, Asim Ijaz, 2006. "A dime a day : the possibilities and limits of private schooling in Pakistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4066, The World Bank.
- Tullio Jappelli & Daniele Checchi, 2003. "School Choice and Quality," CSEF Working Papers 91, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 09 Jul 2004.
- Sawada, Yasuyuki & Lokshin, Michael, 2009.
"Obstacles to school progression in rural Pakistan: An analysis of gender and sibling rivalry using field survey data,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 335-347, March.
- Yasuyuki Sawada & Michael Lokshin, 2007. "Obstacles to School Progression in Rural Pakistan: An Analysis of Gender and Sibling Rivalry Using Field Survey Data," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-484, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Shahnaz Hamid, 1993. "A Micro Analysis of Demand-side Determinants of Schooling in Urban Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 32(4), pages 713-723.
- Ali Cheema & Lyyla Khalid & Manasa Patnam, 2008. "The Geography of Poverty: Evidence from the Punjab," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 13(Special E), pages 163-188, September.
- Dreze, Jean & Kingdon, Geeta Gandhi, 2001. "School Participation in Rural India," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Lloyd, Cynthia B & Mete, Cem & Sathar, Zeba A, 2005. "The Effect of Gender Differences in Primary School Access, Type, and Quality on the Decision to Enroll in Rural Pakistan," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(3), pages 685-710, April.
- Psacharopoulos, George & Arieira, Carlos R. & Mattson, Robert, 1997. "Private education in a poor country: The case of urban Bolivia," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 395-406, October.
- Monazza Aslam & Geeta Kingdon, 2007. "What can Teachers do to Raise Pupil Achievement?," CSAE Working Paper Series 2007-14, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Aslam, Monazza & Kingdon, Geeta, 2011. "What can teachers do to raise pupil achievement?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 559-574, June.
- Khattak, Naeem Ur Rehman Khattak & Khan, Jangraiz & Tariq, Muhammad & Tasleem, Sajjad, 2010. "Determinants of Parents’ Choice in Selection of Private Schools for Their Children in District Peshawar of Khyber Pakhunkhwa Province," MPRA Paper 55995, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 03 Jul 2010.
- Zeba A. Sathar & Cynthia B. Lloyd, 1994. "Who Gets Primary Schooling in Pakistan: Inequalities among and within Families," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 33(2), pages 103-134.
- Das, Jishnu & Pandey, Priyanka & Zajonc, Tristan, 2006. "Learning levels and gaps in Pakistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4067, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Masooma Habib, 2013. "Education in Pakistan’s Punjab: Outcomes and Interventions," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 18(Special E), pages 21-48, September.
More about this item
KeywordsSchool choice; private; public; perceptions; school quality; employment opportunities; wealth; access; cost of schooling; Punjab; Pakistan.;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I25 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Economic Development
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DCM-2014-08-20 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-DEV-2014-08-20 (Development)
- NEP-URE-2014-08-20 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lje:wpaper:1-2013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shahid Salahuddin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsecopk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.