The Effect of Gender Differences in Primary School Access, Type, and Quality on the Decision to Enroll in Rural Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gertler, Paul & Glewwe, Paul, 1990. "The willingness to pay for education in developing countries : Evidence from rural Peru," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 251-275, August.
- Shahnaz Hamid, 1993. "A Micro Analysis of Demand-side Determinants of Schooling in Urban Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 32(4), pages 713-723.
- Gertler, Paul & Locay, Luis & Sanderson, Warren, 1987.
"Are user fees regressive? : The welfare implications of health care financing proposals in Peru,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 67-88.
- Paul J. Gertler & Luis Locay & Warren C. Sanderson, 1987. "Are User Fees Regressive? The Welfare Implications of Health Care Financing Proposals in Peru," NBER Working Papers 2299, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank, 2005. "Pakistan : Country Gender Assessment, Bridging the Gender Gap, Opportunities and Challenges," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8453, The World Bank.
- Asadullah, Niaz & Wahhaj, Zaki, 2012.
"Going to School in Purdah: Female Schooling, Mobility Norms and Madrasas in Bangladesh,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7059, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mohammad Niaz Asadullah & Zaki Wahhaj, 2015. "Going to School in Purdah: Female Schooling, Mobility Norms and Madrasas in Bangladesh," Working Papers id:7756, eSocialSciences.
- Andrabi, Tahir & Das, Jishnu & Khwaja, Asim Ijaz, 2006. "A dime a day : the possibilities and limits of private schooling in Pakistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4066, The World Bank.
- Michael Lokshin & Thomas A. Mroz, 2003. "Gender and poverty : a life cycle approach to the analysis of the differences in gender outcomes," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3153, The World Bank.
- Marine de Talancé, 2016. "Quality perceptions and school choice in rural Pakistan," Working Papers DT/2016/15, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Nazli, Hina & Haider, Syed Hamza & Hausladen, Stephanie & Sheik, Asjad Tariq & Shafiq, Hassan & Shahzad, Saqib & Mehmood, Amina & Shahzad, Asma & Whitney, Edward, 2012. "Pakistan Rural Household Panel Survey 2012 (Round 1): Household characteristics:," PSSP working papers 8, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Paulo Bastos & Nicolas L. Bottan & Julian Cristia, 2017.
"Access to Preprimary Education and Progression in Primary School: Evidence from Rural Guatemala,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(3), pages 521-547.
- Paulo Bastos & Nicolas Bottan & Julian Cristia, 2012. "Access to Preprimary Education and Progression in Primary School: Evidence from Rural Guatemala," Research Department Publications 4815, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Bastos,Paulo S. R. & Bottan,Nicolas Luis & Cristia,Julian, 2016. "Access to pre-primary education and progression in primary School : evidence from rural Guatemala," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7574, The World Bank.
- Paulo Bastos & Nicolas L. Bottan & Julian P. Cristia, 2012. "Access to Preprimary Education and Progression in Primary School: Evidence from Rural Guatemala," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4197, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Bisma Haseeb Khan & Sahar Amjad Shaikh, 2013. "Analyzing the Market for Shadow Education in Pakistan: Does Private Tuition Affect the Learning Gap between Private and Public Schools?," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 18(Special E), pages 129-160, September.
- Barrera-Osorio,Felipe & Blakeslee,David S. & Hoover,Matthew & Linden,Leigh & Raju,Dhushyanth & Ryan,Stephen P., 2017.
"Delivering education to the underserved through a public-private partnership program in Pakistan,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
8177, The World Bank.
- Felipe Barrera-Osorio & David S. Blakeslee & Matthew Hoover & Leigh Linden & Dhushyanth Raju & Stephen P. Ryan, 2017. "Delivering Education to the Underserved Through a Public-Private Partnership Program in Pakistan," NBER Working Papers 23870, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hamna Ahmed & Sahar Amjad & Masooma Habib & Syed Ahsan Shah, 2013. "Determinants of School Choice:Evidence from Rural Punjab, Pakistan," CREB Working papers 1-2013, Centre for Research in Economics and Business, The Lahore School of Economics, revised 2013.
- Zeba A. Sathar & Asif Wazir & Maqsood Sadiq, 2013. "Struggling against the Odds of Poverty, Access, and Gender: Secondary Schooling for Girls in Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 18(Special E), pages 67-92, September.
- Li, Li & Liu, Haoming, 2014. "Primary school availability and middle school education in rural China," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 24-40.
- Behrman, Jere R. & Ross, David & Sabot, Richard, 2008. "Improving quality versus increasing the quantity of schooling: Estimates of rates of return from rural Pakistan," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(1-2), pages 94-104, February.
- David K. Evans & Arkadipta Ghosh, 2008. "Prioritizing Educational Investments in Children in the Developing World," Working Papers 587, RAND Corporation.
- Lloyd, Cynthia B. & Mete, Cem & Grant, Monica J., 2009. "The implications of changing educational and family circumstances for children's grade progression in rural Pakistan: 1997-2004," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 152-160, February.
- Alok Kumar & Emma Underhill, 2014. "Gender Bias and Child Labor in LDCs," Department Discussion Papers 1402, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Hamna Ahmed & Sahar Amjad Sheikh, 2014. "Determinants of School Choice: Evidence from Rural Punjab, Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 19(1), pages 1-30, Jan-June.
- Toseef Azid & Rana Ejaz Ali Khan, 2010. "Who are the children going to school in Urban Punjab (Pakistan)?," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(6), pages 442-465, May.
- Monazza Aslam, 2003. "The Determinants of Student Achievement in Government and Private Schools in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 42(4), pages 841-876.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:ecdecc:y:2005:v:53:i:3:p:685-710. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.