Citations for "The profitability of european banks: a cross-sectional and dynamic panel analysis"
by John Goddard & Phil Molyneux & John O. S. Wilson
- Tetsuji Okazaki & Michiru Sawada & Ke Wang, 2005. "The Fall of "Organ Bank" Relationships During the Wave of Bank Failures and Consolidations: Experience in Pre-war Japan," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-379, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Mirzaei, Ali & Moore, Tomoe & Liu, Guy, 2013. "Does market structure matter on banks’ profitability and stability? Emerging vs. advanced economies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 2920-2937.
- Onur Gozbasi & Alper Aslan, 2015. "Persistence of Profit in Energy Industry: Dynamic Evidence from Turkish Companies," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 5(2), pages 624-628.
- Sinha, Pankaj & Sharma, Sakshi, 2014. "Determinants of bank profits and its persistence in Indian Banks: A study in a dynamic panel data framework," MPRA Paper 61379, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 16 Jan 2015.
- mamatzakis, em, 2014. "The effect of corporate governance on the performance of US investment banks," MPRA Paper 60198, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller & Mahmoud M. Nourayi, 2012.
"Firm Profitability: Mean-Reverting or Random-Walk Behavior?,"
2012-05, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2012.
- Canarella, Giorgio & Miller, Stephen M. & Nourayi, Mahmoud M., 2013. "Firm profitability: Mean-reverting or random-walk behavior?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 76-97.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller & Mahmoud M. Nourayi, 2012. "Firm Profitability: Mean-Reverting or Random-Walk Behavior?," Working Papers 1202, University of Nevada, Las Vegas , Department of Economics.
- Phil Molyneux & Hong Liu & John O.S. Wilson, 2010.
"Competition and Stability in European Banking: A Regional Analysis,"
10019, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Hong Liu & Phil Molyneux & John O. S. Wilson, 2013. "Competition And Stability In European Banking: A Regional Analysis," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 81(2), pages 176-201, 03.
- Constantinos Alexiou & Voyazas Sofoklis, 2009. "Determinants Of Bank Profitability: Evidence From The Greek Banking Sector," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 54(182), pages 93-118, July – Se.
- TOMULEASA, Ioana-Iuliana & COCRIŞ, Vasile, 2014. "Measuring The Financial Performance Of The European Systemically Important Banks," Studii Financiare (Financial Studies), Centre of Financial and Monetary Research "Victor Slavescu", vol. 18(4), pages 31-51.
- Ibrahim Fatnassi & Habib Hasnaoui & Zied Ftiti, 2014. "The impact of bank capital on profitability and risk in GCC countries: Islamic vs. Conventional," Working Papers 2014-413, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Laurent Weill, 2008.
"Convergence in Banking Efficiency Across European Countries,"
Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center
2008-07, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Weill, Laurent, 2009. "Convergence in banking efficiency across European countries," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 818-833, December.
- Alin Marius ANDRIES & Vasile COCRIS & Silviu Gabriel URSU, 2012. "Determinants Of Bank Performance In Cee Countries," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 10, pages 165-177, December.
- Bretschger, Lucas & Kappel, Vivien & Werner, Therese, 2012.
"Market concentration and the likelihood of financial crises,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3336-3345.
- Lucas Bretschger & Vivien Kappel, 2010. "Market concentration and the likelihood of financial crises," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 10/138, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Hasan AYAYDIN & Ýbrahim KARAASLAN, 2014. "Stock Market Development, Bank Concentration, Ownership Structure, and Bank Performance: Evidence from Turkey," Journal of Economics and Political Economy, KSP Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 49-67, September.
- Céline Meslier-Crouzille & Ruth Tacneng & Amine Tarazi, 2013.
"Is Bank Income Diversification Beneficial? Evidence from an Emerging Economy,"
- Meslier, Céline & Tacneng, Ruth & Tarazi, Amine, 2014. "Is bank income diversification beneficial? Evidence from an emerging economy," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 97-126.
- Wu, Meng-Wen & Shen, Chung-Hua, 2013. "Corporate social responsibility in the banking industry: Motives and financial performance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3529-3547.
- Hakimi, Abdelaziz & Hamdi, Helmi & Djlassi, Mouldi, 2013. "Testing the concentration-performance relationship in the Tunisian banking sector," MPRA Paper 55927, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Athanasoglou, Panayiotis & Brissimis, Sophocles & Delis, Matthaios, 2005.
"Bank-specific, industry-specific and macroeconomic determinants of bank profitability,"
32026, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Athanasoglou, Panayiotis P. & Brissimis, Sophocles N. & Delis, Matthaios D., 2008. "Bank-specific, industry-specific and macroeconomic determinants of bank profitability," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 121-136, April.
- Panayiotis P. Athanasoglou & Sophocles N. Brissimis & Matthaios D. Delis, 2005. "Bank-Specific, Industry-Specific and Macroeconomic Determinants of Bank Profitability," Working Papers 25, Bank of Greece.
- Phong T. H. Ngo, 2006. "Endogenous Capital and Profitability in Banking," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2006-464, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Asikhia Olalekan & Sokefun Adeyinka, 2013. "Capital Adequacy And Banks’ Profitability Of Deposit Taking: An Empirical From Nigeria," Far East Journal of Psychology and Business, Far East Research Centre, vol. 13(4), pages 32-41, October.
- Christopher F. Baum & Mustafa Caglayan & Dorothea Schäfer & Oleksandr Talavera, 2008.
"Political patronage in Ukrainian banking,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 16(3), pages 537-557, 07.
- Christian Lambert Nguena & Roger Tsafack Nanfosso, 2013.
"On the Sensitivity of Banking Activity Shocks: Evidence from the CEMAC Sub-region,"
AAYE Policy Research Working Paper Series
13_007, Association of African Young Economists, revised Nov 2013.
- Nguena Christian Lambert & Tsafack Nanfosso Roger, 2014. "On the Sensitivity of Banking Activity Shocks: Evidence from the CEMAC Sub-region," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(1), pages 354-372.
- Deni Memić & Selma Škaljić-Memić, 2013. "Performance Analysis and Benchmarking of Commercial Banks Operating in Bosnia and Herzegovina: a DEA Approach," Business Systems Research, Society for Promotion of Business Information Technology (BIT), vol. 4(2), pages 17-37.
- Tetsuji Okazaki & Michiru Sawada & Ke Wang, 2005. "The Fall of "Organ Bank" Relationships During the Wave of Bank Failures and Consolidations: Experience in Pre-war Japan (Published in "Corporate Ownership and Control" 4(4): 20-29,," CARF F-Series CARF-F-052, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Pasiouras, Fotios & Kosmidou, Kyriaki, 2007. "Factors influencing the profitability of domestic and foreign commercial banks in the European Union," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 222-237, June.
- Georgios Efthyvoulou & Canan Yildirim, 2013.
"Market Power in CEE Banking Sectors and the Impact of the Global Financial Crisis,"
CASE Network Studies and Analyses
0452, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Efthyvoulou, Georgios & Yildirim, Canan, 2014. "Market power in CEE banking sectors and the impact of the global financial crisis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 11-27.
- John Goddard & Donal McKillop & John Wilson, 2009. "Which Credit Unions are Acquired?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 231-252, December.
- Mehmed GaniÄ‡ & BETÃœL IsmiÄ‡ & Ognjen RiÄ‘iÄ‡, 2015. "What drives the profitability of the banking sector? An Empirical evidence from Bosnia &Herzegovina," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 18(55), pages 39-56, March.
- Beckmann, Rainer, 2007. "Profitability of Western European banking systems: panel evidence on structural and cyclical determinants," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2007,17, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Howcroft, Barry & Kara, Alper & Marques-Ibanez, David, 2014. "Determinants of syndicated lending in European banks and the impact of the financial crisis," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 473-490.
- Meng-Fen Hsieh & Chien-Chiang Lee, 2010. "The Puzzle Between Banking Competition and Profitability can be Solved: International Evidence from Bank-Level Data," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 135-157, December.
- Farina, Vincenzo, 2008. "Banks’ centrality in corporate interlock networks: evidences in Italy," MPRA Paper 11698, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dietrich, Andreas & Wanzenried, Gabrielle, 2014. "The determinants of commercial banking profitability in low-, middle-, and high-income countries," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 337-354.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & Madura, Jeff & Marciniak, Marek, 2012. "Bank capital and exposure to the financial crisis," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 64(5), pages 377-392.
- Ayaydin, Hasan & Karaaslan, İbrahim, 2014. "Stock Market Development, Bank Concentration, Ownership Structure, and Bank Performance: Evidence from Turkey," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 49-67.
- Kontsevoy, Denis, 2013. "Empirical analysis of Russian commercial banks growth dynamics," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 29(1), pages 67-81.
- Alper Aslan & Kemal Koksal & Oguz Ocal, 2011. "Competitive Environment Hypothesis in Turkish Banking System," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 1(2), pages 74-77, June.
- Giuliano Iannotta & Giacomo Nocera & Andrea Sironi, 2007. "Ownership structure, risk and performance in the European banking industry," Post-Print hal-00861806, HAL.
- Luca Colombo & Gilberto Turati, 2008. "The Role of the Local Business Environment in Banking Consolidation," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Economia e Finanza ief0076, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Basil Senyo Damankah & Olivia Anku-Tsede & Albert Amankwaa, 2014. "Analysis of Non-Interest Income of Commercial Banks in Ghana," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 4(4), pages 263-271, October.
- Wahidudin, AHMAD Nazri & Subramaniam, ULAGANATHAN & Pg. Kamaluddin, PENGIRAN. Abd Mutalib, 2012. "Determinents of profitability – a comparative analysis of islamic banks and conventional banks in ASEAN countries," MPRA Paper 46237, University Library of Munich, Germany.