Banks’ centrality in corporate interlock networks: evidences in Italy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Leo Mac Canna & Niamh Brennan & Eleanor O'Higgins, 1998.
"National Networks of Corporate Power: An Irish Perspective,"
Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 2(4), pages 357-379, December.
- Leo Mac Canna & Niamh Brennan & Eleanor O'Higgins, 1999. "National networks of corporate power : an Irish perspective," Open Access publications 10197/2921, Research Repository, University College Dublin.
- Lex Donaldson & James H. Davis, 1991. "Stewardship Theory or Agency Theory: CEO Governance and Shareholder Returns," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 16(1), pages 49-64, June.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 2000. "Financial structure and bank profitability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2430, The World Bank.
- John Goddard & Phil Molyneux & John O. S. Wilson, 2004. "The profitability of european banks: a cross‐sectional and dynamic panel analysis," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 72(3), pages 363-381, June.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-325, June.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1980. "Agency Problems and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 288-307, April.
- Almeida, Paul & Dokko, Gina & Rosenkopf, Lori, 2003. "Startup size and the mechanisms of external learning: increasing opportunity and decreasing ability?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 301-315, February.
- John Child & Suzana Rodrigues, 2003. "Corporate Governance and New Organizational Forms: Issues of Double and Multiple Agency," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 7(4), pages 337-360, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carlos Drago & Francesco Millo & Roberto Ricciuti & Paolo Santella, 2011. "Corporate Governance Reforms, Interlocking Directorship Networks and Company Value in Italy (1998-2007)," CESifo Working Paper Series 3322, CESifo.
- Carlo Drago & Roberto Ricciuti & Paolo Santella, 2015.
"An Attempt to Disperse the Italian Interlocking Directorship Network: Analyzing the Effects of the 2011 Reform,"
2015.82, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Drago, Carlo & Ricciuti, Roberto & Santella, Paolo, 2016. "An Attempt to Disperse the Italian Interlocking Directorship Network: Analyzing the Effects of the 2011 Reform," Economy and Society 230584, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Carlo Drago & Roberto Ricciuti & Paolo Santella, 2015. "An Attempt to Disperse the Italian Interlocking Directorship Network: Analyzing the Effects of the 2011 Reform," Working Papers 11/2015, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Lucrezia Fattobene & Marco Caiffa & Emiliano Di Carlo, 2018. "Interlocking directorship across Italian listed companies: evidence from a natural experiment," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 22(2), pages 393-425, June.
- François-Xavier Dudouet & Eric Grémont & Antoine Vion, 2014. ""Bank Centrality" and Money Creation [« Centralité bancaire » et émission monétaire]," Working Papers halshs-01095256, HAL.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Iannotta, Giuliano & Nocera, Giacomo & Sironi, Andrea, 2007.
"Ownership structure, risk and performance in the European banking industry,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 2127-2149, July.
- Giuliano Iannotta & Giacomo Nocera & Andrea Sironi, 2007. "Ownership structure, risk and performance in the European banking industry," Post-Print hal-00861806, HAL.
- Ghulam Abid & Binish Khan & Zeeshan Rafiq & Alia Ahmed, 2014. "Theoretical Perspectives of Corporate Governance," Bulletin of Business and Economics (BBE), Research Foundation for Humanity (RFH), vol. 3(4), pages 166-175, December.
- Kennedy Mwengei B. Ombaba & David Kosgei, 2017. "Board Composition and Financial Distress of Listed Firms in Kenya. An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Finance and Investment Analysis, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 6(4), pages 1-4.
- Jens Grigoleit, 2011. "Kapitalmarktreaktionen auf die Ankündigung des Wechsels von Vorstandsvorsitzenden in den Aufsichtsrat bei deutschen Unternehmen," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 131-157, January.
- Mak, Y. T. & Roush, M. L., 2000. "Factors Affecting the Characteristics of Boards of Directors: An Empirical Study of New Zealand Initial Public Offering Firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 147-159, February.
- Maria L. Goranova & Richard L. Priem & Hermann A. Ndofor & Cheryl A. Trahms, 2017. "Is there a “Dark Side” to Monitoring? Board and Shareholder Monitoring Effects on M&A Performance Extremeness," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(11), pages 2285-2297, November.
- Amy J. Hillman & Gavin Nicholson & Christine Shropshire, 2008. "Directors' Multiple Identities, Identification, and Board Monitoring and Resource Provision," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(3), pages 441-456, June.
- Sailesh Tanna & Fotios Pasiouras & Matthias Nnadi, 2011. "The Effect of Board Size and Composition on the Efficiency of UK Banks," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 441-462, November.
- Niamh Brennan, 2010. "A review of corporate governance research : an Irish perspective," Open Access publications 10197/2962, Research Repository, University College Dublin.
- Ahrens, Jan-Philipp & Uhlaner, Lorraine & Woywode, Michael & Zybura, Jan, 2018. "“Shadow emperor” or “loyal paladin”? – The Janus face of previous owner involvement in family firm successions," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 73-90.
- Uribe-Bohorquez, María-Victoria & Martínez-Ferrero, Jennifer & García-Sánchez, Isabel-María, 2018. "Board independence and firm performance: The moderating effect of institutional context," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 28-43.
- Theodore Syriopoulos & Michael Tsatsaronis, 2012. "Corporate Governance Mechanisms and Financial Performance: CEO Duality in Shipping Firms," Eurasian Business Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 2(1), pages 1-30, June.
- repec:beo:journl:v:62:y:2018:i:216:p:63-84 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Janet, 2009. "Executive performance-based remuneration, performance change and board structures," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 138-162, June.
- Arosa, Blanca & Iturralde, Txomin & Maseda, Amaia, 2010. "Outsiders on the board of directors and firm performance: Evidence from Spanish non-listed family firms," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 236-245, December.
- Yu-Je Lee & Mei-Fen Wu, 2012. "To Verify How Ownership structures, Board of Directors’ Characteristics, Related-Party Transactions upon the Operating Performance as Exemplified with Taiwan-Listed Info-Electronics Companies," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 2(2), pages 143-158, April.
- Ana Aleksić Mirić & Miroslav Todorović & Nebojša Janićijević, 2018. "How Can The Efficiency Of Corporate Governance In Serbian State-Owned Enterprises Be Increased?," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 63(216), pages 63-84, January –.
- Purkayastha, Saptarshi & Veliyath, Rajaram & George, Rejie, 2019. "The roles of family ownership and family management in the governance of agency conflicts," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 50-64.
- Chi, Ching Wen & Hung, Ken & Cheng, Hui Wen & Tien Lieu, Pang, 2015. "Family firms and earnings management in Taiwan: Influence of corporate governance," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 88-98.
- Shu-Ling Lin & Lu Jun & Jing-Lun Yan, 2018. "Family Holding and Board Effectiveness on the Risk-taking of Financial Industry in China and Taiwan," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 8(2), pages 1-6.
- Ebrahim, Ahmed & Fattah, Tarek Abdel, 2015. "Corporate governance and initial compliance with IFRS in emerging markets: The case of income tax accounting in Egypt," Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 46-60.
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate Governance; Board of Directors; Performance; Social network analysis;
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2008-12-07 (Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2008-12-07 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-NET-2008-12-07 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:11698. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.