Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:fambus. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/719791/description#description .
2020, Volume 11, Issue 1
- S1877858517301663 Non-family CEOs in family firms: Spotting gaps and challenging assumptions for a future research agenda
by Waldkirch, Matthias
- S1877858518301141 Family business—A missing link in economics?
by Johansson, Dan & Karlsson, Johan & Malm, Arvid
- S1877858518301347 Family-related antecedents of business legality: An empirical investigation among Italian family owned SMEs
by Dawson, Alexandra & Ginesti, Gianluca & Sciascia, Salvatore
- S1877858518301840 Using sociological theory to problematize family business research
by Kushins, Eric R. & Behounek, Elaina
- S1877858518302079 Goal complexity in family firm diversification: Evidence from China
by Dou, Junsheng & Wang, Ning & Su, Emma & Fang, Hanqing & Memili, Esra
2019, Volume 10, Issue 4
- v:10:y:2019:i:4:s1877858519302463 Research on family firm innovation: What do family firms actually think and do?
by Eddleston, Kimberly A. & Kellermanns, Franz W. & Collier, Gregory
- v:10:y:2019:i:4:s1877858517300839 Lean innovation: Family firm succession and patenting strategy in a dynamic institutional landscape
by Carney, Michael & Zhao, Jing & Zhu, Limin
- v:10:y:2019:i:4:s1877858517300967 Unlocking innovation potential: A typology of family business innovation postures and the critical role of the family system
by Rondi, Emanuela & De Massis, Alfredo & Kotlar, Josip
- v:10:y:2019:i:4:s1877858517301031 Psychological ownership as a driving factor of innovation in older family firms
by Rau, Sabine B. & Werner, Arndt & Schell, Sabrina
- v:10:y:2019:i:4:s1877858517301018 Reaping what you sow: The family firm innovation trajectory
by Dieleman, Marleen
- v:10:y:2019:i:4:s1877858517300980 Transgenerational entrepreneurship around the world: Implications for family business research and practice
by Basco, Rodrigo & Calabrò, Andrea & Campopiano, Giovanna
- v:10:y:2019:i:4:s1877858517300943 Family firm R&D investments in the 2007–2009 Great Recession
by Sun, Xian & Lee, Soo-Hoon & Phan, Phillip H.
2019, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 1-1 The effect of nonfamily managers on decision-making quality in family firm TMTs: The role of intra-TMT power asymmetries
by Vandekerkhof, Pieter & Steijvers, Tensie & Hendriks, Walter & Voordeckers, Wim
- 1-1 How psychological needs motivate family firm identifications and identifiers: A framework and future research agenda
by Elsbach, Kimberly D. & Pieper, Torsten M.
- 1-1 When family social capital is too much of a good thing
by Herrero, Inés & Hughes, Mathew
- 1-1 Bridging the micro-macro gap: A multi-layer culture framework for understanding entrepreneurial orientation in family firms
by Arz, Christopher
- 1-1 Relational processes in family entrepreneurial culture and resilience across generations
by Hanson, Sheila K. & Hessel, Heather M. & Danes, Sharon M.
2019, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 72-86 Daughters’ self-positioning in family business succession: A narrative inquiry
by Mussolino, Donata & Cicellin, Mariavittoria & Pezzillo Iacono, Mario & Consiglio, Stefano & Martinez, Marcello
- 87-104 The leading role of the top management team in understanding family firms: Past research and future directions
by D’Allura, Giorgia Maria
- 105-118 Management ties and firm performance: Influence of family governance
by Lee, Tingko
- 119-132 Socioemotional wealth in family firms: A longitudinal content analysis of corporate disclosures
by Cleary, Peter & Quinn, Martin & Moreno, Alonso
- 133-143 How familiness affects innovation outcomes via absorptive capacity: A dynamic capability perspective of the family firm
by Daspit, Joshua J. & Long, Rebecca G. & Pearson, Allison W.
- 144-158 Who cares about socioemotional wealth? SEW and rentier perspectives on the one percent wealthiest business households
by Nason, Robert S. & Carney, Michael & Le Breton-Miller, Isabelle & Miller, Danny
2019, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 3-7 Marketing and branding in family business: Assessing the landscape and charting a path forward
by Binz Astrachan, Claudia & Prügl, Reinhard & Hair, Joseph F. & Babin, Barry J.
- 8-16 Family involvement signals in initial public offerings
by Chandler, Jeffrey A. & Payne, G. Tyge & Moore, Curt & Brigham, Keith H.
- 17-27 Unraveling the impact of family antecedents on family firm image: A serial multiple-mediation model
by Van Gils, Anita & Huybrechts, Jolien & Minola, Tommaso & Cassia, Lucio
- 28-37 How promoting a family firm image affects customer perception in the age of social media
by Zanon, Johanna & Scholl-Grissemann, Ursula & Kallmuenzer, Andreas & Kleinhansl, Nikolas & Peters, Mike
- 38-48 “Who am I? Who are we?” Understanding the impact of family business identity on the development of individual and family identity in business families
by Wielsma, Albertha J. & Brunninge, Olof
- 49-56 Family presence, family firm reputation and perceived financial performance: Empirical evidence from the Philippines
by Santiago, Andrea & Pandey, Shweta & Manalac, Ma. Theresa
- 57-68 Exploring family business brands: Understanding predictors and effects
by Barroso Martínez, Ascensión & Sanguino Galván, Ramón & Botero, Isabel C. & González-López, Óscar R. & Buenadicha Mateos, María
2018, Volume 9, Issue 4
- 223-237 Too much of a good thing: Family involvement and the survival of listed Korean firms
by Cho, Jaeyoung & Miller, Danny & Lee, Jangwoo
- 238-249 Women leaders and firm performance in family businesses: An examination of financial and nonfinancial outcomes
by Chadwick, Ingrid C. & Dawson, Alexandra
- 250-267 Acquisitions, disclosed goals and firm characteristics: A content analysis of family and nonfamily firms
by Worek, Maija & De Massis, Alfredo & Wright, Mike & Veider, Viktoria
- 268-292 Private equity and family firms: A systematic review and categorization of the field
by Schickinger, Antonia & Leitterstorf, Max P. & Kammerlander, Nadine
- 293-310 Does regional context matter for family firm employment growth?
by Karlsson, Johan
- 311-325 It’s all about who you know: The role of social networks in intra-family succession in small and medium-sized firms
by Schell, Sabrina & Hiepler, Miriam & Moog, Petra
2018, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 153-166 Can family business loosen the grips of accounting, economics, and finance?
by Stewart, Alex
- 167-179 Business stressors, family-business identity, and divorce in family business: A vulnerability-stress-adaptation (VSA) model
by Sanchez-Ruiz, Paul & Maldonado-Bautista, Ileana & Rutherford, Matthew
- 180-191 Family business employer brand: Understanding applicants’ perceptions and their job pursuit intentions with samples from the US and Belgium
by Arijs, Diane & Botero, Isabel C. & Michiels, Anneleen & Molly, Vincent
- 192-204 A note on the relationships between learning, market, and entrepreneurial orientations in family and nonfamily firms
by Hernández-Linares, Remedios & Kellermanns, Franz W. & López-Fernández, María Concepción
- 205-218 The impact of family influence on financial reporting quality in small and medium family firms
by Duréndez, Antonio & Madrid-Guijarro, Antonia
2018, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 94-106 On the goals of family firms: A review and integration
by Vazquez, Pedro & Rocha, Héctor
- 107-113 Reflections on family firm goals and the assessment of performance
by Chua, Jess H. & Chrisman, James J. & De Massis, Alfredo & Wang, Hao
- 114-127 Unravelling the link between process innovation inputs and outputs: The moderating role of family management
by Diéguez-Soto, Julio & Garrido-Moreno, Aurora & Manzaneque, Montserrat
- 128-141 The complex role of family involvement in earnings management
by Ferramosca, Silvia & Allegrini, Marco
- 142-150 Reporting strategies: What makes family firms beat around the bush? Family-related antecedents of annual report readability
by Drago, Carlo & Ginesti, Gianluca & Pongelli, Claudia & Sciascia, Salvatore
2018, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 3-15 Branding the family firm: A review, integrative framework proposal, and research agenda
by Astrachan, Claudia Binz & Botero, Isabel & Astrachan, Joseph H. & Prügl, Reinhard
- 16-26 Strategic distinctiveness in family firms: Firm institutional heterogeneity and configurational multidimensionality
by Miller, Danny & Amore, Mario Daniele & Le Breton-Miller, Isabelle & Minichilli, Alessandro & Quarato, Fabio
- 33-43 Who are the best performers? The environmental social performance of family firms
by Samara, Georges & Jamali, Dima & Sierra, Vicenta & Parada, Maria Jose
- 44-58 European family firms and acquisition propensity: A comprehensive analysis of the legal system’s role
by Requejo, Ignacio & Reyes-Reina, Fernando & Sanchez-Bueno, Maria J. & Suárez-González, Isabel
- 59-72 Exploring the relation between family ownership and incentive stock options: The contingency of family leadership, board monitoring and financial crisis
by Catuogno, Simona & Arena, Claudia & Cirillo, Alessandro & Pennacchio, Luca
- 73-90 “Shadow emperor” or “loyal paladin”? – The Janus face of previous owner involvement in family firm successions
by Ahrens, Jan-Philipp & Uhlaner, Lorraine & Woywode, Michael & Zybura, Jan
2017, Volume 8, Issue 4
- 200-212 Women’s involvement in family firms: Progress and challenges for future research
by Campopiano, Giovanna & De Massis, Alfredo & Rinaldi, Francesca Romana & Sciascia, Salvatore
- 213-223 The relationship between entrepreneurial orientation and firm performance: Influence of family governance
by Lee, Tingko & Chu, Wenyi
- 224-236 The effect of uncertainty on FDI entry mode decisions: The influence of family ownership and involvement in the board of directors
by Kao, Ming-Sung & Kuo, Anthony
- 237-247 Corporate governance compliance of family and non-family listed firms in emerging markets: Evidence from Latin America
by del Carmen Briano-Turrent, Guadalupe & Poletti-Hughes, Jannine
2017, Volume 8, Issue 3
- 123-136 Family firms, internationalization, and national competitiveness: Does family firm prevalence matter?
by Carney, Michael & Duran, Patricio & van Essen, Marc & Shapiro, Daniel
- 137-156 Collaborative innovation in family firms: Past research, current debates and agenda for future research
by Feranita, Feranita & Kotlar, Josip & De Massis, Alfredo
- 157-169 An exploratory study of firm goals in the context of family firms: An institutional logics perspective
by Aparicio, Gloria & Basco, Rodrigo & Iturralde, Txomin & Maseda, Amaia
- 170-184 Beyond organizational identification: The legitimization and robustness of family identification in the family firm
by Matherne, Curtis & Waterwall, Brian & Ring, J. Kirk & Credo, Keith
- 185-195 Mixed methodology in family business research: Past accomplishments and perspectives for the future
by Reilly, Timothy M. & Jones, Raymond
2017, Volume 8, Issue 2
- 74-86 Going private: A socioemotional wealth perspective on why family controlled companies decide to leave the stock-exchange
by Boers, Börje & Ljungkvist, Torbjörn & Brunninge, Olof & Nordqvist, Mattias
- 87-98 The relationship between organizational culture and entrepreneurial orientation in family firms: Does generational involvement matter?
by Cherchem, Naïma
- 99-108 Corporate control and firm value: The bright side of business groups
by Torres, Juan Pablo & Jara Bertín, Mauricio & López-Iturriaga, Félix J.
- 109-122 Family involvement and corporate social responsibility disclosure
by Cabeza-García, Laura & Sacristán-Navarro, María & Gómez-Ansón, Silvia
2017, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 3-12 Re-framing the status of narrative in family business research: Towards an understanding of families in business
by Hamilton, Eleanor & Discua Cruz, Allan & Jack, Sarah
- 13-28 The effect of intrafamily agency conflicts on audit demand in private family firms: The moderating role of the board of directors
by Corten, Maarten & Steijvers, Tensie & Lybaert, Nadine
- 29-41 Outside CEOs, board control and the financing policy of small privately held family firms
by Lardon, Andy & Deloof, Marc & Jorissen, Ann
- 42-56 A complicated relationship: Family involvement in the top management team and post-IPO survival
by Cirillo, Alessandro & Mussolino, Donata & Romano, Mauro & Viganò, Riccardo
- 57-69 Intergenerational knowledge sharing in family firms: Case-based evidence from the New Zealand wine industry
by Woodfield, Paul & Husted, Kenneth
2016, Volume 7, Issue 4
- 210-226 Influence of family ownership on the industry-diversifying nature of a firm’s M&A strategy: Empirical evidence from Continental Europe
by Defrancq, Corneel & Huyghebaert, Nancy & Luypaert, Mathieu
- 227-237 The growth and performance of family businesses during the global financial crisis: The role of the generation in control
by Arrondo-García, Rubén & Fernández-Méndez, Carlos & Menéndez-Requejo, Susana
- 238-248 Propensity to patent by family firms
by Bannò, Mariasole
- 249-259 Board role performance and faultlines in family firms: The moderating role of formal board evaluation
by Vandebeek, Alana & Voordeckers, Wim & Lambrechts, Frank & Huybrechts, Jolien
- 260-268 Effects of sibling competition on family firm succession: A game theory approach
by Jayantilal, Shital & Jorge, Sílvia Ferreira & Palacios, Tomás M. Bañegil
2016, Volume 7, Issue 3
- 133-148 Measuring socioemotional wealth in family-owned and -managed firms: A validation and short form of the FIBER Scale
by Hauck, Jana & Suess-Reyes, Julia & Beck, Susanne & Prügl, Reinhard & Frank, Hermann
- 149-159 A theoretical model of strategic management of family firms. A dynamic capabilities approach
by Barros, Ismael & Hernangómez, Juan & Martin-Cruz, Natalia
- 160-166 A theory of family employee involvement during resource paucity
by Lee, Soo-Hoon & Phan, Phillip H. & Ding, Hung-bin
- 167-177 How agency conflict between family managers and family owners affects performance in wholly family-owned firms: A generational perspective
by Blanco-Mazagatos, Virginia & de Quevedo-Puente, Esther & Delgado-García, Juan Bautista
- 178-184 Tax aggressiveness in family firms and the non-linear entrenchment effect
by Mafrolla, Elisabetta & D’Amico, Eugenio
- 185-201 Disentangling the family firm’s innovation process: A systematic review
by Röd, Irina
2016, Volume 7, Issue 2
- 65-74 Who prefers working in family firms? An exploratory study of individuals’ organizational preferences across 40 countries
by Block, Jörn H. & Fisch, Christian O. & Lau, James & Obschonka, Martin & Presse, André
- 75-89 Are high performance work practices really necessary in family SMEs? An analysis of the impact on employee retention
by Pittino, Daniel & Visintin, Francesca & Lenger, Tamara & Sternad, Dietmar
- 90-104 Product innovation, firm renewal and family governance
by Cucculelli, Marco & Le Breton-Miller, Isabelle & Miller, Danny
- 105-116 The ability and willingness of family-controlled firms to arrive at organizational ambidexterity
by Veider, Viktoria & Matzler, Kurt
- 117-130 Political connection and business transformation in family firms: Evidence from China
by Wang, Delu & Ma, Gang & Song, Xuefeng & Liu, Yun
2016, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 3-7 Developing theory-grounded family business research: Some suggestions
by Zahra, Shaker A.
- 8-25 Qualitative research practices and family business scholarship: A review and future research agenda
by Fletcher, Denise & Massis, Alfredo De & Nordqvist, Mattias
- 26-33 Family firms and practices of sustainability: A contingency view
by Breton-Miller, Isabelle Le & Miller, Danny
- 34-46 Knowledge sharing in small family firms: A leadership perspective
by Cunningham, James & Seaman, Claire & McGuire, David
- 47-57 Development of a socioemotional wealth importance (SEWi) scale for family firm research
by Debicki, Bart J. & Kellermanns, Franz W. & Chrisman, James J. & Pearson, Allison W. & Spencer, Barbara A.
- 58-62 Setting new directions for the management discipline through family business research
by Priem, Richard L. & Alfano, Federica
2015, Volume 6, Issue 4
- 208-218 Family business and regional science: “Bridging the gap”
by Stough, Roger & Welter, Friederike & Block, Joern & Wennberg, Karl & Basco, Rodrigo
- 219-233 Family businesses in Eastern European countries: How informal payments affect exports
by Bassetti, Thomas & Dal Maso, Lorenzo & Lattanzi, Nicola
- 234-246 Family firms and industrial districts:
by Cucculelli, Marco & Storai, Dimitri
- 247-258 Contextualizing small family firms: How does the urban–rural context affect firm employment growth?
by Backman, Mikaela & Palmberg, Johanna
- 259-271 Family business and regional development—A theoretical model of regional familiness
by Basco, Rodrigo
2015, Volume 6, Issue 3
- 143-154 Family entrepreneurship as a field of research: Exploring its contours and contents
by Randerson, Kathleen & Bettinelli, Cristina & Fayolle, Alain & Anderson, Alistair
- 155-165 Does family involvement foster or hinder firm performance? The missing role of family-based branding strategies
by Gallucci, Carmen & Santulli, Rosalia & Calabrò, Andrea
- 166-177 Intergenerational ownership succession
by Sund, Lars-Göran & Melin, Leif & Haag, Kajsa
- 178-189 Intergenerational strategy involvement and family firms’ innovation pursuits: The critical roles of conflict management and social capital
by De Clercq, Dirk & Belausteguigoitia, Imanol
- 190-205 Moving forward or running to standstill? Exploring the nature and the role of family firms’ strategic orientation
by Riviezzo, Angelo & Garofano, Antonella & Napolitano, Maria Rosaria & Marino, Vittoria
2015, Volume 6, Issue 2
- 63-72 Value creation in family firms: A model of fit
by Kammerlander, Nadine & Sieger, Philipp & Voordeckers, Wim & Zellweger, Thomas
- 73-85 Lone founders, types of private family businesses and firm performance
by López-Delgado, P. & Diéguez-Soto, J.
- 86-103 Gender preferences in the CEO successions of family firms: Family characteristics and human capital of the successor
by Ahrens, Jan-Philipp & Landmann, Andreas & Woywode, Michael
- 104-118 Innovation activities during intra-family leadership succession in family firms: An empirical study from a socioemotional wealth perspective
by Hauck, Jana & Prügl, Reinhard
- 119-129 Do CEO and board characteristics matter? A study of Thai family firms
by Sitthipongpanich, Thitima & Polsiri, Piruna
- 130-140 Setting the right mix—Analyzing outside directors’ pay mix in public family firms
by Engel, Pascal J. & Hack, Andreas & Kellermanns, Franz W.
2015, Volume 6, Issue 1
- 3-13 A meta-analysis of the financial performance of family firms: Another attempt
by Wagner, Dominik & Block, Joern H. & Miller, Danny & Schwens, Christian & Xi, Guoqian
- 14-32 Family involvement and firm performance: Evidence from UK listed firms
by Poutziouris, Panikkos & Savva, Christos S. & Hadjielias, Elias
- 33-44 Investigating the actual career decisions of the next generation: The impact of family business involvement
by Murphy, Linda & Lambrechts, Frank
- 45-57 Trusted advisors in a family business's succession-planning process—An agency perspective
by Michel, Alexandra & Kammerlander, Nadine
- 58-62 Governance and entrepreneurship in family firms: Agency, behavioral agency and resource-based comparisons
by Le Breton-Miller, Isabelle & Miller, Danny & Bares, Franck
2014, Volume 5, Issue 4
- 339-346 Ownership versus management effects on corporate social responsibility concerns in large family and founder firms
by Block, Joern & Wagner, Marcus
- 347-357 Tax aggressiveness in private family firms: An agency perspective
by Steijvers, Tensie & Niskanen, Mervi
- 358-371 Left in the dark: Family successors’ requirement profiles in the family business succession process
by Schlepphorst, Susanne & Moog, Petra
- 372-383 Family firm succession: Lessons from failures in external party takeovers
by Meier, Olivier & Schier, Guillaume
- 384-396 “Stepping into the buyers’ shoes”: Looking at the value of family firms through the eyes of private equity investors
by Ahlers, Oliver & Hack, Andreas & Kellermanns, Franz W.
2014, Volume 5, Issue 3
- 217-228 Function, governance, and trust in successor leadership groups in family firms
by Cater, John James & Kidwell, Roland E.
- 229-238 Examining relationships among family influence, family culture, flexible planning systems, innovativeness and firm performance
by Craig, Justin B. & Dibrell, Clay & Garrett, Robert
- 239-251 Strategic posture and performance: Revealing differences between family and nonfamily firms
by Madison, Kristen & Runyan, Rodney C. & Swinney, Jane L.
- 252-263 An investigation of the effect of family influence on Commitment–Trust in retailer–vendor strategic partnerships
by Smith, Donna & Hair, Joseph F. & Ferguson, Keith
- 264-275 The role of interorganizational trust and organizational efficacy in family and nonfamily firms
by Stanley, Laura J. & McDowell, William
- 280-288 Hooked on a feeling: The affective component of socioemotional wealth in family firms
by Morgan, Timothy J. & Gomez-Mejia, Luis R.
- 289-299 The setting of non-financial goals in the family firm: The influence of family climate and identification
by Cabrera-Suárez, Mª Katiuska & Déniz-Déniz, Mª de La Cruz & Martín-Santana, Josefa D.
- 300-311 Psychological ownership in small family firms: Family and non-family employees’ work attitudes and behaviours
by Ramos, Hazel Melanie & Man, Thomas Wing Yan & Mustafa, Michael & Ng, Zuie Zuie
- 312-322 The CEO autonomy–stewardship behavior relationship in family firms: The mediating role of psychological ownership
by Henssen, Bart & Voordeckers, Wim & Lambrechts, Frank & Koiranen, Matti
- 323-333 The role of cognitive appraisal and emotions of family members in the family business system
by Bee, Colleen & Neubaum, Donald O.
2014, Volume 5, Issue 2
- 131-137 Family management and profitability in private family-owned firms: Introducing generational stage and the socioemotional wealth perspective
by Sciascia, Salvatore & Mazzola, Pietro & Kellermanns, Franz W.
- 138-155 Family governance – Literature review and the development of a conceptual model
by Suess, Julia
- 156-168 The impact of family control on firm performance: Evidence from Portugal and Spain
by Miralles-Marcelo, José Luis & Miralles-Quirós, Maria del Mar & Lisboa, Inês
- 169-183 Exploring what makes family firms different: Discrete or overlapping constructs in the literature?
by Dawson, Alexandra & Mussolino, Donata
- 184-196 Effects of communicating family ownership and organisational size on an applicant's attraction to a firm: An empirical examination in the USA and China
by Botero, Isabel C.
- 197-210 Paternalistic leadership in family firms: Types and implications for intergenerational succession
by Mussolino, Donata & Calabrò, Andrea
2014, Volume 5, Issue 1
- 4-14 Method trends and method needs: Examining methods needed for accelerating the field
by Wilson, Shawn R. & Whitmoyer, Jeffrey G. & Pieper, Torsten M. & Astrachan, Joseph H. & Hair, Joseph F. & Sarstedt, Marko
- 15-29 The case study method in family business research: Guidelines for qualitative scholarship
by De Massis, Alfredo & Kotlar, Josip
- 30-40 Correspondence analysis: A promising technique to interpret qualitative data in family business research
by Kudlats, Jerry & Money, Arthur & Hair, Joseph F.
- 41-51 Diagnosing capabilities in family firms: An overview of visual research methods and suggestions for future applications
by Comi, Alice & Eppler, Martin J.
- 52-62 Looking forward: The role of multiple regression in family business research
by Hopkins, Lucas & Ferguson, Keith E.
- 63-71 Network analysis: A concise review and suggestions for family business research
by Zamudio, César & Anokhin, Sergey & Kellermanns, Franz W.
- 72-84 Application of metric conjoint analysis in family business research
by Hanisch, David N. & Rau, Sabine B.
- 85-96 Family involvement in business and financial performance: A set-theoretic cross-national inquiry
by Garcia-Castro, Roberto & Aguilera, Ruth V.
- 97-104 Bayesian methods in family business research
by Block, Joern H. & Miller, Danny & Wagner, Dominik
- 105-115 Partial least squares structural equation modeling (PLS-SEM): A useful tool for family business researchers
by Sarstedt, Marko & Ringle, Christian M. & Smith, Donna & Reams, Russell & Hair, Joseph F.
- 116-128 A comparative study of CB-SEM and PLS-SEM for theory development in family firm research
by Astrachan, Claudia Binz & Patel, Vijay K. & Wanzenried, Gabrielle
2013, Volume 4, Issue 4
- 233-244 Perceptions of accountability in family business: Using accountability theory to understand differences between family and nonfamily executives
by Guidice, Rebecca M. & Mero, Neal P. & Greene, Juanne V.
- 245-259 Family vision and cognition: An illustration through forest owners’ harvesting decisions
by Camblanne, Lionel
- 260-269 The debate on rented assets capitalization: The economic impact on family firms
by Fitó, M. Àngels & Moya, Soledad & Orgaz, Neus
- 270-280 Family firm density and regional innovation output: An exploratory analysis
by Block, J.H. & Spiegel, F.
- 281-295 The effect of industry characteristics on the control longevity of founding-family firms
by King, Roger & Peng, Winnie Qian
2013, Volume 4, Issue 3
- 166-175 Dispersion of family ownership and the performance of small-to-medium size private family firms
by De Massis, Alfredo & Kotlar, Josip & Campopiano, Giovanna & Cassia, Lucio
- 176-187 Family firms and the lease decision
by Landry, Suzanne & Fortin, Anne & Callimaci, Antonello
- 188-200 Long-term family firm survival and growth considering owning family adaptive capacity and federal disaster assistance receipt
by Stafford, Kathryn & Danes, Sharon M. & Haynes, George W.
- 201-212 The dearth of daughter successors in family businesses: Gendered norms, blindness to possibility, and invisibility
by Overbeke, Kathyann Kessler & Bilimoria, Diana & Perelli, Sheri
- 213-226 Perceptions of entrepreneurship across generations in family offices: A stewardship theory perspective
by Welsh, Dianne H.B. & Memili, Esra & Rosplock, Kirby & Roure, Juan & Segurado, Juan Luis
2013, Volume 4, Issue 2
- 71-83 The role and impact of accounting in family business
by Songini, Lucrezia & Gnan, Luca & Malmi, Teemu
- 84-92 The conditional nature of board characteristics in constraining earnings management in private family firms
by Stockmans, Annelies & Lybaert, Nadine & Voordeckers, Wim
- 93-105 Stock option plan practices in family firms: The idiosyncratic private benefits approach
by Tiscini, Riccardo & Raoli, Elisa
- 106-117 Assessing family firm performance using frontier analysis techniques: Evidence from Italian manufacturing industries
by Erbetta, Fabrizio & Menozzi, Anna & Corbetta, Guido & Fraquelli, Giovanni
- 118-130 Families as active monitors of firm performance
by Audretsch, David B. & Hülsbeck, Marcel & Lehmann, Erik E.
- 131-146 Management control systems, business strategy and performance: A comparative analysis of family and non-family businesses in a transition economy in sub-Saharan Africa
by Acquaah, Moses
- 147-161 Bean counter or strategist? Differences in the role of the CFO in family and non-family businesses
by Hiebl, Martin R.W.
2013, Volume 4, Issue 1
- 3-11 Exploring the effect of distinct family firm reputation on consumers’ preferences
by Binz, Claudia & Hair, Joseph F. & Pieper, Torsten M. & Baldauf, Artur
- 12-21 Understanding multiple family firm identities: An exploration of the communicated identity in official websites
by Botero, Isabel C. & Thomas, Jill & Graves, Christopher & Fediuk, Tomasz A.
- 22-33 Outcomes of family involvement in minority owned family businesses
by Shinnar, Rachel S. & Cho, Seonghee & Rogoff, Edward G.
- 34-41 Family firms and the divestment decision: An agency perspective
by Praet, Alain
- 42-66 The family's effect on family firm performance: A model testing the demographic and essence approaches
by Basco, Rodrigo
2012, Volume 3, Issue 4
- 197-206 An agency theoretic analysis of value creation through management buy-outs of family firms
by Chrisman, James J. & Chua, Jess H. & Steier, Lloyd P. & Wright, Mike & McKee, D’Lisa N.
- 207-219 Blood in the boardroom: Family relationships influencing the functions of the board
by Collin, Sven-Olof Yrjö & Ahlberg, Jenny
- 220-227 The impact of family structure on issue selling by successor generation members in family firms
by Ling, Yan & Baldridge, David & Craig, Justin B.
- 228-238 Explorations of dynamic power processes within copreneurial couples
by Hedberg, Patricia R. & Danes, Sharon M.
- 239-250 Building a family firm image: How family firms capitalize on their family ties
by Zellweger, Thomas M. & Kellermanns, Franz W. & Eddleston, Kimberly A. & Memili, Esra
2012, Volume 3, Issue 3
- 127-131 Culture and values in family business—A review and suggestions for future research
by Fletcher, Denise & Melin, Leif & Gimeno, Alberto
- 132-146 Exploring value differences across family firms: The influence of choosing and managing complexity
by Simon, Alexandra & Marquès, Pilar & Bikfalvi, Andrea & Dolors Muñoz, M.
- 147-161 Understanding entrepreneurial cultures in family businesses: A study of family entrepreneurial teams in Honduras
by Discua Cruz, Allan & Hamilton, Eleanor & Jack, Sarah L.
- 162-173 Family-owned manufacturing SMEs and innovativeness: A comparison between within-family successions and external takeovers
by Grundström, Christina & Öberg, Christina & Öhrwall Rönnbäck, Anna
- 174-192 Towards a better understanding of Family Business Groups and their key dimensions
by Della Piana, Bice & Vecchi, Alessandra & Cacia, Claudia
2012, Volume 3, Issue 2
- 54-65 Strategy, ownership, governance, and socio-psychological perspectives on family businesses from around the world
by Goel, Sanjay & Mazzola, Pietro & Phan, Phillip H. & Pieper, Torsten M. & Zachary, Ramona K.
- 66-69 Firm family firms: Current debates of corporate governance in family firms
by Aguilera, Ruth V. & Crespi-Cladera, Rafel
- 70-78 Strategic management of a family-owned airline: Analysing the absorptive capacity of Cimber Sterling Group A/S
by Boyd, Britta & Hollensen, Svend
- 79-96 The dynamics of voting ownership in lone-founder, family-founder, and heir firms
by Achleitner, Ann-Kristin & Kaserer, Christoph & Kauf, Tobias
- 97-105 Family ownership and business expansion of small- and medium-sized Chinese family businesses: The mediating role of financing preference
by Zhang, Xian & Venus, Jill & Wang, Yong
- 106-117 The relationship among family business, corporate governance and firm performance: Evidence from the Mexican stock exchange
by San Martin-Reyna, J.M. & Duran-Encalada, Jorge A.
- 118-126 The role of regret in the owner-manager decision-making in the family business: A conceptual approach
by Hirigoyen, Gérard & Labaki, Rania
2012, Volume 3, Issue 1
- 3-11 Human capital in family businesses: Focusing on the individual level
by Dawson, Alexandra
- 12-17 “Ethnic” family business or just family business? Human resource practices in the ethnic family firm
by Kidwell, Roland E. & Hoy, Frank & Ibarreche, Santiago
- 18-27 Escalation of commitment in private family businesses: The influence of outside board members
by Woods, Jeremy A. & Dalziel, Thomas & Barton, Sidney L.
- 28-37 Balancing natural environmental concerns of internal and external stakeholders in family and non-family businesses
by Neubaum, Donald O. & Dibrell, Clay & Craig, Justin B.
- 38-51 Demand for private equity minority investments: A study of large family firms
by Tappeiner, Florian & Howorth, Carole & Achleitner, Ann-Kristin & Schraml, Stephanie
2011, Volume 2, Issue 4
- 187-198 Family firms: A research agenda and publication guide
by Wright, Mike & Kellermanns, Franz W.
- 199-206 Family involvement in a hierarchical culture: Effect of dispersion of family ownership control and family member tenure on firm performance in Chinese family owned firms
by Goel, Sanjay & He, Xiaogang & Karri, Ranjan
- 207-219 Differentiating value orientations and unity in values as predictors of varying family business system processes
by Peterson, Preston & Distelberg, Brian J.
- 220-231 Board characteristics and firm performance in public founder- and nonfounder-led family businesses
by García-Ramos, Rebeca & García-Olalla, Myriam
- 232-245 Ownership versus management effects on performance in family and founder companies: A Bayesian reconciliation
by Block, Joern H. & Jaskiewicz, Peter & Miller, Danny
2011, Volume 2, Issue 3
June 2011, Volume 2, Issue 2