Performance Analysis and Benchmarking of Commercial Banks Operating in Bosnia and Herzegovina: a DEA Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Goddard & Phil Molyneux & John O. S. Wilson, 2004. "The profitability of european banks: a cross-sectional and dynamic panel analysis," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 72(3), pages 363-381, June.
- Li, Shanling & Liu, Feng & Liu, Suge & Whitmore, G. A., 2001. "Comparative Performance of Chinese Commercial Banks: Analysis, Findings and Policy Implications," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 149-170, March.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:54:y:2003:i:1:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2601475 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rosenzweig Višnja & Volarević Hrvoje & Varović Mario, 2012. "Profitability as a business goal: the multicriteria approach to the ranking of the five largest Croatian banks," Business Systems Research, Sciendo, vol. 3(1), pages 37-48, June.
- Tser-Yieth Chen & TSER-LIEN YEH, 2000. "A Measurement of Bank Efficiency, Ownership and Productivity Changes in Taiwan," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 95-109, January.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- M. Ruth & K. Donaghy & P. Kirshen, 2006. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Regional Climate Change and Variability, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- K. Kosmidou & F. Pasiouras & M. Doumpos & C. Zopounidis, 2006. "Assessing performance factors in the UK banking sector: A multicriteria methodology," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 14(1), pages 25-44, February.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Chrysovalantis Gaganis & Fotios Pasiouras, 2009. "Efficiency in the Greek Banking Industry: A Comparison of Foreign and Domestic Banks," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 221-237.
- Šarlija Nataša & Harc Martina, 2012. "The impact of liquidity on the capital structure: a case study of Croatian firms," Business Systems Research, Sciendo, vol. 3(1), pages 30-36, June.
- Prodromos D. Chatzoglou & Anastasios D. Diamantidis & Eftichia Vraimaki & Elena Polychrou & Kyriakos Chatzitheodorou, 2010. "Banking productivity: an overview of the Greek banking system," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(12), pages 1007-1027, October.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Alper, Deger & Anbar, Adem, 2011. "Bank Specific and Macroeconomic Determinants of Commercial Bank Profitability: Empirical Evidence from Turkey," Business and Economics Research Journal, Uludag University, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 2(2), pages 139-139, April.
- I. García-Sánchez, 2007. "Efficiency and effectiveness of Spanish football teams: a three-stage-DEA approach," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 15(1), pages 21-45, March.
- Keh, Hean Tat & Chu, Singfat & Xu, Jiye, 2006. "Efficiency, effectiveness and productivity of marketing in services," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 170(1), pages 265-276, April.
- E. Nur Ozkan-Gunay & Arzu Tektas, 2006. "Efficiency Analysis Of The Turkish Banking Sector In Precrisis And Crisis Period: A Dea Approach," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(3), pages 418-431, July.
- Chrysovalantis Gaganis & Aggeliki Liadaki & Michael Doumpos & Constantin Zopounidis, 2009. "Estimating and analyzing the efficiency and productivity of bank branches: Evidence from Greece," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(2), pages 202-218, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Memić Deni, 2015. "Banking Competition and Efficiency: Empirical Analysis on the Bosnia and Herzegovina Using Panzar-Rosse Model," Business Systems Research, Sciendo, vol. 6(1), pages 72-92, March.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks; efficiency; Data Envelopment Analysis; financial ratios; Bosnia and Herzegovina;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bit:bsrysr:v:4:y:2013:i:2:p:17-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.sciendo.com/services/journals .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.