Assessing performance factors in the UK banking sector: A multicriteria methodology
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fiordelisi, Franco & Marques-Ibanez, David & Molyneux, Phil, 2011. "Efficiency and risk in European banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1315-1326, May.
- DeYoung, Robert & Hasan, Iftekhar, 1998. "The performance of de novo commercial banks: A profit efficiency approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 565-587, May.
- Altunbas, Y. & Gardener, E. P. M. & Molyneux, P. & Moore, B., 2001. "Efficiency in European banking," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 1931-1955, December.
- Stephen Miller & Athanasios Noulas, 1997. "Portfolio mix and large-bank profitability in the USA," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(4), pages 505-512.
- Doumpos, Michael & Zopounidis, Constantin, 2004. "A multicriteria classification approach based on pairwise comparisons," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 158(2), pages 378-389, October.
- Jayaratne, Jith & Wolken, John, 1999. "How important are small banks to small business lending?: New evidence from a survey of small firms," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 427-458, February.
- Lang, Gunter & Welzel, Peter, 1996. "Efficiency and technical progress in banking Empirical results for a panel of German cooperative banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 1003-1023, July.
- Leigh Drake, 2001. "Efficiency and productivity change in UK banking," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(5), pages 557-571.
- Giokas, DI, 1991. "Bank branch operating efficiency: A comparative application of DEA and the loglinear model," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 549-557.
- Miller, Stephen M. & Noulas, Athanasios G., 1996. "The technical efficiency of large bank production," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 495-509, April.
- Arshadi, Nasser & Lawrence, Edward C., 1987. "An empirical investigation of new bank performance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 33-48, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Meng-Fen Hsieh & Chien-Chiang Lee, 2010. "The Puzzle Between Banking Competition and Profitability can be Solved: International Evidence from Bank-Level Data," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 38(2), pages 135-157, December.
- Gammadigbé, Vigninou, 2012.
"Stress test macroéconomique du système bancaire de l'UEMOA
[Macroeconomic stress testing of the WAEMU banking system]," MPRA Paper 39214, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2012.
- Osuagwu, Eze, 2014. "Determinants of Bank Profitability in Nigeria," MPRA Paper 60948, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Calvo Angela Garcia, 2016. "Institutional development and bank competitive transformation in late industrializing economies: the Spanish case," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 18(1), pages 27-62, April.
- Hussein A. Hassan Al-Tamimi & Husni Charif, 2011. "Multiple approaches in performance assessment of UAE commercial banks," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(1), pages 74-82, April.
- George Emmanuel Iatridis & Anthony Dionysus Persakis, 2012. "Bank profitability determinants under IFRSs," International Journal of Economics and Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(1), pages 77-99.
- Robert Webb & Cormac Bryce & Duncan Watson, 2010. "The effect of building society demutualisation on levels of efficiency at large UK commercial banks," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 18(4), pages 333-355, November.
- Aliasghar Aliakbarzadeh & Akbar Alem Tabriz, 2014. "Performance Evaluation and Ranking the Branches of Bank using FAHP and TOPSIS Case study: Tose Asr Shomal Interest-free Loan Fund," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 4(12), pages 199-217, December.
- Memić Deni & Škaljić-Memić Selma, 2013. "Performance Analysis and Benchmarking of Commercial Banks Operating in Bosnia and Herzegovina: a DEA Approach," Business Systems Research, De Gruyter Open, vol. 4(2), pages 17-37, December.
- Tyrone Lin & Chia-Chi Lee & Yu-Chuan Kuan, 2013. "The optimal operational risk capital requirement by applying the advanced measurement approach," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 21(1), pages 85-101, January.
- repec:hur:ijaraf:v:7:y:2017:i:2:p:131-144 is not listed on IDEAS
- Victor Ekpu & Alberto Paloni, 2015. "Financialisation, Business Lending And Profitability In The Uk," Working Papers 2015_18, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Trofimov, Ivan D. & Md. Aris, Nazaria & Ying Ying, Jovena Kho, 2018. "Determinants of Commercial Banks' Profitability in Malaysia," MPRA Paper 85598, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sailesh Tanna & Kyriaki Kosmidou & Fotios Pasiouras, 2005. "Determinants of profitability of domestic UK commercial banks: panel evidence from the period 1995-2002," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2005 45, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
More about this item
KeywordsG21; C69; UK banks; efficiency; performance; mutlicriteria decision aid;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- C69 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:cejnor:v:14:y:2006:i:1:p:25-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.