Negative Data in DEA: A Simple Proportional Distance Function Approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- K. Kerstens & I. Van de Woyestyne, 2011. "Negative data in DEA: a simple proportional distance function approach," Post-Print halshs-00585619, HAL.
- Kerstens, Kristiaan & Van de Woestyne, Ignace, 2009. "Negative Data in DEA: A Simple Proportional Distance Function Approach," Working Papers 2009/04, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:55:y:2004:i:10:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2601768 is not listed on IDEAS
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens, 2008. "Infeasibility and Directional Distance Functions with Application to the Determinateness of the Luenberger Productivity Indicator," Working Papers 2008-ECO-11, IESEG School of Management.
- W. Briec, 1997. "A Graph-Type Extension of Farrell Technical Efficiency Measure," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 95-110, March.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Smith, P, 1990. "Data envelopment analysis applied to financial statements," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 131-138.
- Jean-Paul Chavas & Kwansoo Kim, 2007. "Measurement and Sources of Economies of Scope: A Primal Approach," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 163(3), pages 411-427, September.
- Forsund, Finn R. & Sarafoglou, Nikias, 2005.
"The tale of two research communities: The diffusion of research on productive efficiency,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 17-40, October.
- Førsund, Finn R. & Sarafoglou, Nikias, 2003. "The Tale of two Research Communities: The Diffusion of Research on Productive Efficiency," Memorandum 08/2003, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Finn R. Førsund & Nikias Sarafoglou, 2005. "The Tale of Two research Communities: The Diffusion of Research on Productive Efficiency," Department of Economics University of Siena 446, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Robert G. Chambers, 2002. "Exact nonradial input, output, and productivity measurement," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 20(4), pages 751-765.
- Andrew Worthington, 2001. "An Empirical Survey of Frontier Efficiency Measurement Techniques in Education," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 245-268.
- Murthi, B. P. S. & Choi, Yoon K. & Desai, Preyas, 1997. "Efficiency of mutual funds and portfolio performance measurement: A non-parametric approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 408-418, April.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & KERSTENS, Kristiaan & COSTA, Álvaro, "undated". "Public transit performance: What do we learn from frontier studies?," Working Papers 2000019, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Walter Briec & K. Kerstens, 2009. "Infeasibilities and directional distance functions: with application to the determinateness of the luenberger productivity indicator," Post-Print hal-00372560, HAL.
- Patrick T. Harker & Stavros A. Zenios, 1998. "What Drives the Performance of Financial Institutions?," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 98-21, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Emrouznejad, Ali & Parker, Barnett R. & Tavares, Gabriel, 2008. "Evaluation of research in efficiency and productivity: A survey and analysis of the first 30 years of scholarly literature in DEA," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 151-157, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:68:y:2017:i:11:d:10.1057_s41274-016-0137-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sahoo, Biresh K. & Luptacik, Mikulas & Mahlberg, Bernhard, 2011. "Alternative measures of environmental technology structure in DEA: An application," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 215(3), pages 750-762, December.
- Aparicio, Juan & Pastor, Jesus T. & Vidal, Fernando, 2016. "The directional distance function and the translation invariance property," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1-3.
- Kerstens, Kristiaan & Van de Woestyne, Ignace, 2014.
"A note on a variant of radial measure capable of dealing with negative inputs and outputs in DEA,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 234(1), pages 341-342.
- K. Kerstens & I. Van de Woestyne, 2014. "A note on a variant of radial measure capable of dealing with negative inputs and outputs in DEA," Post-Print hal-00918291, HAL.
- Yang, Min & Li, Yongjun & Chen, Ya & Liang, Liang, 2014. "An equilibrium efficiency frontier data envelopment analysis approach for evaluating decision-making units with fixed-sum outputs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 239(2), pages 479-489.
- Sahoo, Biresh K & Khoveyni, Mohammad & Eslami, Robabeh & Chaudhury, Pradipta, 2016. "Returns to scale and most productive scale size in DEA with negative data," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 255(2), pages 545-558.
- Cinzia Daraio & Léopold Simar, 2016.
"Efficiency and benchmarking with directional distances: a data-driven approach,"
Journal of the Operational Research Society,
Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 67(7), pages 928-944, July.
- Cinzia Daraio & Leopold Simar, 2014. "Efficiency and benchmarking with directional distances. A data driven approach," DIAG Technical Reports 2014-07, Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering, Universita' degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza".
- repec:eee:jomega:v:75:y:2018:i:c:p:57-76 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sahoo, Biresh K. & Mehdiloozad, Mahmood & Tone, Kaoru, 2014. "Cost, revenue and profit efficiency measurement in DEA: A directional distance function approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(3), pages 921-931.
- Basso, Antonella & Funari, Stefania, 2014.
"Constant and variable returns to scale DEA models for socially responsible investment funds,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 235(3), pages 775-783.
- Antonella Basso & Stefania Funari, 2012. "Constant and variable returns to scale DEA models for socially responsible investment funds," Working Papers 2012_20, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Brandouy, Olivier & Kerstens, Kristiaan & Van de Woestyne, Ignace, 2015.
"Frontier-based vs. traditional mutual fund ratings: A first backtesting analysis,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 242(1), pages 332-342.
- Olivier Brandouy & Kristiaan Kerstens & Ignace Van Woestyne, 2015. "Frontier-based vs. traditional mutual fund ratings: A first backtesting analysis," Post-Print hal-01533555, HAL.
- Tarnaud, Albane Christine & Leleu, Hervé, 2018.
"Portfolio analysis with DEA: Prior to choosing a model,"
Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 57-76.
- Albane Tarnaud & Hervé Leleu, 2016. "Portfolio analysis with DEA: prior to choosing a model," Working Papers 2016-EQM-05, IESEG School of Management.
- Alka Obadić & Aleksander Aristovnik, 2011. "Relative efficiency of higher education in Croatia and Slovenia: an international comparison," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 13(30), pages 362-376, June.
- Barra, Cristian & Zotti, Roberto, 2014. "Handling negative data using Data Envelopment Analysis: a directional distance approach applied to higher education," MPRA Paper 55570, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsDEA; negative data; directional distance funtion;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2009-10-31 (Econometrics)
- NEP-EFF-2009-10-31 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ies:wpaper:e200903. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monika Marin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iesegfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.