Measurement and Sources of Economies of Scope: A Primal Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ferrier, Gary D. & Grosskopf, Shawna & Hayes, Kathy J. & Yaisawarng, Suthathip, 1993. "Economies of diversification in the banking industry : A frontier approach," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 229-249, April.
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Afriat, Sidney N, 1972. "Efficiency Estimation of Production Function," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 13(3), pages 568-598, October.
- Tor Jakob Klette, 1996. "R&D, Scope Economies, and Plant Performance," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(3), pages 502-522, Autumn.
- Cohn, Elchanan & Rhine, Sherrie L W & Santos, Maria C, 1989. "Institutions of Higher Education as Multi-product Firms: Economies of Scale and Scope," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(2), pages 284-290, May.
- Ian E. Gorman, 1985. "Conditions for Economies of Scope in the Presence of Fixed Costs," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(3), pages 431-436, Autumn.
- Tai-Hsin Huang & Mei-Hui Wang, 2001. "Measuring scale and scope economies in multiproduct banking? A stochastic frontier cost function approach," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 159-162.
- Scott J. Callan & Janet M. Thomas, 2001. "Economies of Scale and Scope: A Cost Analysis of Municipal Solid Waste Services," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 77(4), pages 548-560.
- de Groot, Hans & McMahon, Walter W & Volkwein, J Fredericks, 1991. "The Cost Structure of American Research Universities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 424-431, August.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Chung, Yangho & Fare, Rolf, 1996. "Benefit and Distance Functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 407-419, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kerstens, Kristiaan & Van de Woestyne, Ignace, 2009.
"Negative Data in DEA: A Simple Proportional Distance Function Approach,"
2009/04, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- K. Kerstens & I. Van de Woyestyne, 2011. "Negative data in DEA: a simple proportional distance function approach," Post-Print halshs-00585619, HAL.
- Kristiaan Kerstens & Ignace Van de Woestyne, 2009. "Negative Data in DEA: A Simple Proportional Distance Function Approach," Working Papers 2009-ECO-03, IESEG School of Management.
- Briec, Walter & Kerstens, Kristiaan & Prior, Diego & Van de Woestyne, Ignace, 2010.
"Tangency capacity notions based upon the profit and cost functions: A non-parametric approach and a general comparison,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1156-1166, September.
- Briec, Walter & Kerstens, Kristiaan & Prior, Diego & Van de Woestyne, Ignace, 2010. "Tangency Capacity Notions Based upon the Profit and Cost Functions: A Non-Parametric Approach and a General Comparison," Working Papers 2010/04, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- W. Briec & K. Kerstens & D. Prior & I. Van de Woestyne, 2010. "Tangency capacity notions based upon the profit and cost functions : a non-parametric approach and a general comparison," Post-Print halshs-00507068, HAL.
- Jean-Paul Chavas, 2008.
"On the economics of agricultural production ,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(4), pages 365-380, December.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul, 2008. "On the economics of agricultural production," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 0(Issue 4), pages 1-16.
- Carvalho, Pedro & Marques, Rui Cunha, 2014. "Computing economies of vertical integration, economies of scope and economies of scale using partial frontier nonparametric methods," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(1), pages 292-307.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Kim, Kwansoo, 2010. "Economies of diversification: A generalization and decomposition of economies of scope," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 229-235, August.
- Briec, Walter & Kerstens, Kristiaan, 2009.
"The Luenberger productivity indicator: An economic specification leading to infeasibilities,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 597-600, May.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens, 2008. "The Luenberger Productivity Indicator: An Economic Specifcation Leading to Infeasibilities," Working Papers 2008-ECO-09, IESEG School of Management.
- Walter Briec & K. Kerstens, 2009. "The Luenberger Productivity Indicator: An Economic Specification Leading to Infeasibilities," Post-Print hal-00372482, HAL.
- Villano, Renato & Fleming, Euan & Fleming, Pauline, 2010. "Evidence of farm-level synergies in mixed-farming systems in the Australian Wheat-Sheep Zone," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(3), pages 146-152, March.
- Eder, Andreas, 2017. "Cost efficiency and economies of diversification of biogas-fuelled cogeneration plants in Austria: a nonparametric approach," MPRA Paper 80369, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fleming, Euan M. & Villano, Renato A. & Fleming, Pauline, 2008. "Evidence of Scope Economies in the Australian Wheat-Sheep Zone," 82nd Annual Conference, March 31 - April 2, 2008, Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, UK 36849, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Jean-Paul Chavas & Kwansoo Kim, 2015. "Nonparametric analysis of technology and productivity under non-convexity: a neighborhood-based approach," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 59-74, February.
- repec:eee:touman:v:35:y:2013:i:c:p:278-283 is not listed on IDEAS
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Ignace Van de Woestyne, 2016. "Congestion in production correspondences," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 119(1), pages 65-90, September.
- Bert Balk & Rolf Färe & Giannis Karagiannis, 2015. "On directional scale elasticities," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 99-104, February.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Diego Prior, 2009. "Tangency Capacity Notions Based upon the Pro?t and Cost Functions: A Non-Parametric Approach and a Comparison," Working Papers 2009-ECO-05, IESEG School of Management.
- Jean-Paul Chavas & Kwansoo Kim, 2016. "On the Microeconomics of Specialization: the Role of Non-Convexity," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 44(3), pages 387-403, September.
More about this item
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mhr:jinste:urn:sici:0932-4569(200709)163:3_411:masoeo_2.0.tx_2-d. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Wolpert). General contact details of provider: https://www.mohrsiebeck.com/jite .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.