Citations for "Lead User Analyses for the Development of New Industrial Products"
by Glen L. Urban & Eric von Hippel
- Fuller, Johann & Jawecki, Gregor & Muhlbacher, Hans, 2007. "Innovation creation by online basketball communities," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 60-71, January.
- Harhoff, Dietmar & Henkel, Joachim & von Hippel, Eric, 2003. "Profiting from voluntary information spillovers: how users benefit by freely revealing their innovations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1753-1769, December.
- Jeroen de Jong & Eric von Hippel, 2010. "Open, distributed and user-centered: Towards a paradigm shift in innovation policy," Scales Research Reports H201009, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Elfvengren, K.Kalle & Karkkainen, Hannu & Torkkeli, Marko & Tuominen, Markku, 2004. "A GDSS based approach for the assessment of customer needs in industrial markets," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 275-292, June.
- Gemunden, Hans Georg & Heydebreck, Peter, 1995. "The influence of business strategies on technological network activities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 831-849, November.
- Jeroen de Jong & Eric von Hippel, 2008. "User Innovation in SMEs: Incidence and Transfer to Producers," Scales Research Reports H200814, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Michael Fritsch & Viktor Slavtchev, 2008.
"How Does Industry Specialization Affect the Efficiency of Regional Innovation Systems?,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2008-058, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Michael Fritsch & Viktor Slavtchev, 2010. "How does industry specialization affect the efficiency of regional innovation systems?," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 87-108, August.
- Schulz, Celine, 2006. "The Secret to Successful User Communities: An Analysis of Computer Associates’ User Groups," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 1257, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- de Jong, Jeroen P.J. & von Hippel, Eric, 2009. "Transfers of user process innovations to process equipment producers: A study of Dutch high-tech firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 1181-1191, September.
- Loris Gaio, 2005. "A diversity-based approach to requirements tracing in new product development," ROCK Working Papers 031, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 13 Jun 2008.
- Clift, Thomas B. & Vandenbosch, Mark B., 1999. "Project Complexity and Efforts to Reduce Product Development Cycle Time," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 187-198, June.
- Thomas Gillier & Gérald Piat, 2011. "Exploring over the Presumed Identity of Emerging Technology," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00641765, HAL.
- Janeiro, Pedro & Proença, Isabel & Gonçalves, Vítor da Conceição, 2013. "Open innovation: Factors explaining universities as service firm innovation sources," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(10), pages 2017-2023.
- Dalpé, Robert & DeBresson, Christian, 1989. "Le secteur public comme premier utilisateur d’innovations," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 65(1), pages 53-70, mars.
- Kaplan, Andreas M. & Haenlein, Michael, 2009. "The fairyland of Second Life: Virtual social worlds and how to use them," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 563-572, November.
- Fabienne Flin, 2004. "Relation à l'utilisateur et activités de conception : le cas des innovations destinées à des personnes handicapées," Working Papers halshs-00087385, HAL.
- Adams, Pamela & Fontana, Roberto & Malerba, Franco, 2013. "The magnitude of innovation by demand in a sectoral system: The role of industrial users in semiconductors," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 1-14.
- Kotsemir, Maxim & Abroskin, Alexander, 2013.
"Innovation Concepts and Typology – An Evolutionary Discussion,"
45069, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maxim Kotsemir & Alexander Abroskin & Dirk Meissner, 2013. "Innovation concepts and typology – an evolutionary discussion," HSE Working papers WP BRP 05/STI/2013, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Berthon, Pierre R. & Pitt, Leyland F. & McCarthy, Ian & Kates, Steven M., 2007. "When customers get clever: Managerial approaches to dealing with creative consumers," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 39-47.
- van der Boor, Paul & Oliveira, Pedro & Veloso, Francisco, 2014. "Users as innovators in developing countries: The global sources of innovation and diffusion in mobile banking services," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(9), pages 1594-1607.
- Henkel, Joachim & von Hippel, Eric, 2003.
"Welfare Implications of User Innovation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4063, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Schmidt, Ralf, 1997. "The implementation of simultaneous engineering in the stage of product concept development: A process orientated improvement of quality function deployment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 293-314, July.
- Lars Bo Jeppesen & Keld Laursen, 2007. "Lead Users as Facilitators of Knowledge Sharing in Community Setting," DRUID Working Papers 07-24, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Ozer, Muammer, 2009. "The roles of product lead-users and product experts in new product evaluation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1340-1349, October.
- Souitaris, Vangelis, 2002. "Technological trajectories as moderators of firm-level determinants of innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 877-898, August.
- Payne, Adrian & Storbacka, Kaj & Frow, Pennie & Knox, Simon, 2009. "Co-creating brands: Diagnosing and designing the relationship experience," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 379-389, March.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-00424311 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alexander Peine, 2008. "The sources of use knowledge – towards a framework about use, consumption and industrial dynamics," Innovation Studies Utrecht (ISU) working paper series 08-18, Utrecht University, Department of Innovation Studies, revised Oct 2008.
- Franco Malerba, 2006. "Innovation, Industrial Dynamics and Industry Evolution: Progress and the Research Agendas," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 97(5), pages 21-46.
- Hippel, Eric von., 1995. ""Sticky information" and new marketing research methods," Working papers 3753-95., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Morrison, Pamela D. & Roberts, John H. & Midgley, David F., 2004. "The nature of lead users and measurement of leading edge status," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 351-362, March.
- Gruner, Kjell E. & Homburg, Christian, 2000. "Does Customer Interaction Enhance New Product Success?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 1-14, July.
- Baldwin, Carliss & Hienerth, Christoph & von Hippel, Eric, 2006. "How user innovations become commercial products: A theoretical investigation and case study," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 1291-1313, November.
- Hicks, Christian & Pachamanova, Dessislava, 2007. "Back-propagation of user innovations: The open source compatibility edge," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 315-324.
- Malerba, Franco, 2007. "Innovation and the dynamics and evolution of industries: Progress and challenges," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 675-699, August.
- Praceus, Sarah & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2012. "Consumer innovation in the poor versus rich world: Some differences and similarities," Working Papers 71, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Kaplan, Sarah & Tripsas, Mary, 2008. "Thinking about technology: Applying a cognitive lens to technical change," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 790-805, June.
- Martin Schreier & Stefan Oberhauser & Reinhard Prügl, 2007. "Lead users and the adoption and diffusion of new products: Insights from two extreme sports communities," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 15-30, June.
- Oliveira, Pedro & von Hippel, Eric, 2011. "Users as service innovators: The case of banking services," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 806-818, July.
- Hippel, Eric von., 1992. "Adapting market research to the rapid evolution of needs for new products and services," Working papers 3374-92., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Mangematin, V. & Callon, M., 1995. "Technological competition, strategies of the firms and the choice of the first users: the case of road guidance technologies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 441-458, May.
- Harrison, Debbie & Waluszewski, Alexandra, 2008. "The development of a user network as a way to re-launch an unwanted product," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 115-130, February.
- Huang, Albert Ying-Je & Liu, Ruey-Hua, 2008. "Learning for supplying as a motive to be the early adopter of a new energy technology: A study on the adoption of stationary fuel cells," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 2143-2153, June.
- Daniela Baglieri & Gianni Lorenzoni, 2014. "Closing the distance between academia and market: experimentation and user entrepreneurial processes," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 52-74, February.
- Srinivas, Smita, 2006. "Industrial Development and Innovation: Some Lessons from Vaccine Procurement," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1742-1764, October.
- Franco Malerba, 2006.
"Innovation and the evolution of industries,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 3-23, April.
- Franke, Nikolaus & von Hippel, Eric & Schreier, Martin, 2005. "Finding commercially attractive user innovations: A test of lead user theory," Working papers 4536-05, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- von Hippel, Eric, 2003. "Open Source Projects as Horizontal Innovation Networks - By and for users," Working papers 4366-02, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Perks, Keith J. & Hughes, Mathew, 2008. "Entrepreneurial decision-making in internationalization: Propositions from mid-size firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 310-330, June.
- Verhees, Frans J.H.M. & Meulenberg, Matthew T.G. & Pennings, Joost M.E., 2010. "Performance expectations of small firms considering radical product innovation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(7), pages 772-777, July.
- Mary Tripsas, 2008. "Customer preference discontinuities: a trigger for radical technological change," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(2-3), pages 79-97.
- Hua Liang & Zongyi Zhang, 2012. "The effects of industry characteristics on the sources of technological product and process innovation," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 37(6), pages 867-884, December.
- Lettl, Christoph & Herstatt, Cornelius & Gemuenden, H-G., 2004. "Learning from users for radical innovation," Working Papers 27, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Skiba, Florian & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2008. "Integration of innovative users as source of service innovations," Working Papers 54, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Ozer, Muammer, 2007. "Reducing the demand uncertainties at the fuzzy-front-end of developing new online services," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 1372-1387, November.