Lead users and the adoption and diffusion of new products: Insights from two extreme sports communities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Punj, Girish N & Staelin, Richard, 1983. " A Model of Consumer Information Search Behavior for New Automobiles," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(4), pages 366-380, March.
- Gatignon, Hubert & Robertson, Thomas S, 1985. " A Propositional Inventory for New Diffusion Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(4), pages 849-867, March.
- Calder, Bobby J & Phillips, Lynn W & Tybout, Alice M, 1981. " Designing Research for Application," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 197-207, September.
- Midgley, David F & Dowling, Grahame R, 1978. " Innovativeness: The Concept and Its Measurement," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(4), pages 229-242, March.
- Glen L. Urban & Eric von Hippel, 1988. "Lead User Analyses for the Development of New Industrial Products," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(5), pages 569-582, May.
- Labay, Duncan G & Kinnear, Thomas C, 1981. " Exploring the Consumer Decision Process in the Adoption of Solar Energy Systems," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 271-278, December.
- Ostlund, Lyman E, 1974. " Perceived Innovation Attributes as Predictors of Innovativeness," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 23-29, Se.
- Flynn, Leisa Reinecke & Goldsmith, Ronald E. & Eastman, Jacqueline K., 1994. "The King and Summers opinion leadership scale: Revision and refinement," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 55-64, September.
- JS Armstrong & Terry Overton, 2005. "Estimating Nonresponse Bias in Mail Surveys," General Economics and Teaching 0502044, EconWPA.
- Roehrich, Gilles, 2004. "Consumer innovativeness: Concepts and measurements," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(6), pages 671-677, June.
- Pamela D. Morrison & John H. Roberts & Eric von Hippel, 2000. "Determinants of User Innovation and Innovation Sharing in a Local Market," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(12), pages 1513-1527, December.
- Gruner, Kjell E. & Homburg, Christian, 2000. "Does Customer Interaction Enhance New Product Success?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 1-14, July.
- Franke, Nikolaus & Shah, Sonali, 2003. "How communities support innovative activities: an exploration of assistance and sharing among end-users," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 157-178, January.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Overton, Terry S., 1977. "Estimating Nonresponse Bias in Mail Surveys," MPRA Paper 81694, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Atle Hauge, 2011. "Sports Equipment: Mixing Performance with Brands – the Role of the Consumers," Chapters,in: Brands and Branding Geographies, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Joerg Koenigstorfer & Andrea Groeppel-Klein, 2012. "Consumer acceptance of the mobile Internet," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 917-928, December.
- Martinez-Torres, Rocio & Olmedilla, Maria, 2016. "Identification of innovation solvers in open innovation communities using swarm intelligence," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 15-24.
- Lehnen, Jens & Ehls, Daniel & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2014. "Implementation of lead users into management practice: A literature review of publications in business press," Working Papers 78, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Roland Helm & Sebastian Landschulze, 2009. "Optimal stimulation level theory, exploratory consumer behaviour and product adoption: an analysis of underlying structures across product categories," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 41-73, March.
- Adams, Pamela & Fontana, Roberto & Malerba, Franco, 2013. "The magnitude of innovation by demand in a sectoral system: The role of industrial users in semiconductors," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 1-14.
- Bartels, Jos & Reinders, Machiel J., 2011. "Consumer innovativeness and its correlates: A propositional inventory for future research," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(6), pages 601-609, June.
- Tietze, Frank & Pieper, Thorsten & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2013. "To own or not to own: How ownership affects user innovation - An empirical study in the German rowing community," Working Papers 73, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:23-29 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stockstrom, Christoph S. & Goduscheit, René Chester & Lüthje, Christian & Jørgensen, Jacob Høj, 2016. "Identifying valuable users as informants for innovation processes: Comparing the search efficiency of pyramiding and screening," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 507-516.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:137:y:2017:i:c:p:20-28 is not listed on IDEAS
- Linda Hamdi-Kidar & Cyrielle Vellera, 2012. "What drives lead users to become users entrepreneurs ? an exploratory study of motivations," Post-Print halshs-00851319, HAL.
- Stefan Koch & Michael Bierbamer, 2016. "Opening your product: impact of user innovations and their distribution platform on video game success," Electronic Markets, Springer;IIM University of St. Gallen, vol. 26(4), pages 357-368, November.
More about this item
KeywordsLead users; User innovation; Adoption; Diffusion; New products; Opinion leadership;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:mktlet:v:18:y:2007:i:1:p:15-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.