Citations for " Why Did NASDAQ Market Makers Stop Avoiding Odd-Eighth Quotes?"
by Christie, William G & Harris, Jeffrey H & Schultz, Paul H
- Gehrig, Thomas & Jackson, Matthew, 1998.
"Bid-ask spreads with indirect competition among specialists,"
Journal of Financial Markets,
Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 89-119, April.
- Thomas Gehrig & Matthew Jackson, 1994. "Bid-Ask Spreads with Indirect Competition Among Specialists," Discussion Papers 1107, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Gehrig, Thomas & Jackson, Matthew O., 1997. "Bid-Ask Spreads with Indirect Competition among Specialists," CEPR Discussion Papers 1648, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Frijns, Bart & Schotman, Peter, 2009.
"Price discovery in tick time,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 759-776, December.
- Ricardo Lagos & Guillaume Rocheteau, 2008.
"Liquidity in asset markets with search frictions,"
408, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Biais, Bruno & Bisière, Christophe & Spatt, Chester, 2003. "Imperfect Competition in Financial Markets: ISLAND versus NASDAQ," IDEI Working Papers 220, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Dec 2006.
- Naik, Narayan Y. & Yadav, Pradeep K., 2004. "Trading costs of public investors with obligatory and voluntary market-making: Evidence from market reforms," CFR Working Papers 04-06, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Hans Degryse, 2009. "Competition between financial markets in Europe: what can be expected from MiFID?," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 93-103, March.
- William G. Christie & Paul H. Schultz, 1995. "Policy Watch: Did Nasdaq Market Makers Implicitly Collude?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 199-208, Summer.
- Joel Hasbrouck, 1998. "Security Bid/Ask Dynamics with Discreteness and Clustering: Simple Strategies for Modeling and Estimation," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 98-042, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Biais, Bruno & Glosten, Larry & Spatt, Chester, 2005.
"Market microstructure: A survey of microfoundations, empirical results, and policy implications,"
Journal of Financial Markets,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 217-264, May.
- Biais, Bruno & Glosten, Larry & Spatt, Chester, 2004. "Market Microstructure: A Survey of Microfoundations, Empirical Results, and Policy Implications," IDEI Working Papers 253, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- LaPlante, Michele & Muscarella, Chris J., 1997. "Do institutions receive comparable execution in the NYSE and Nasdaq markets? A transaction study of block trades," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 97-134, July.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia, 1996.
"Dynamic Equilibrium and Volatility in Financial Asset Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
5479, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ait-Sahalia, Yacine, 1998. "Dynamic equilibrium and volatility in financial asset markets," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 93-127, May.
- Yacine Aït-Sahalia, . "Dynamic Equilibrium and Volatility in Financial Asset Markets," CRSP working papers 331, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Catherine Roux & Christian Thöni, 2013.
"Collusion Among Many Firms: The Disciplinary Power of Targeted Punishment,"
Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP)
13.02, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Roux, Catherine & Thöni, Christian, 2015. "Collusion among many firms: The disciplinary power of targeted punishment," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 83-93.
- Joe Chen, 2005. "The Market Structure of Nasdaq Dealer Markets and Quoting Conventions," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-357, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Kirsten Rüchardt & Bodo Vogt, 2009. "Comparison of the Stock Price Clustering of stocks which are traded in the US and Germany—Is XETRA more efficient than the NYSE?," FEMM Working Papers 09016, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Liu, Hong & Wang, Yajun, 2016. "Market making with asymmetric information and inventory risk," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 73-109.
- Aaron S. Edlin & Eric R. Emch, 1998.
"The Welfare Losses from Price Matching Policies,"
Law and Economics
9803001, EconWPA, revised 26 May 1998.
- David Harrison & Michael Seiler, 2015. "The Paradox of Judicial Foreclosure: Collateral Value Uncertainty and Mortgage Rates," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 377-411, April.
- Katarzyna Bien & Ingmar Nolte & Winfried Pohlmeier, 2011.
"An inflated multivariate integer count hurdle model: an application to bid and ask quote dynamics,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(4), pages 669-707, 06.
- Katarzyna Bien & Ingmar Nolte & Winfried Pohlmeier, 2007. "An Inflated Multivariate Integer Count Hurdle Model: An Application to Bid and Ask Quote Dynamics," CoFE Discussion Paper 07-04, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Natalya Y. Shelkova, 2008. "Low-Wage Labor Markets and the Power of Suggestion," Working papers 2008-33, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2008.
- William Christie & Paul Schultz, 1998. "Dealer Markets Under Stress: The Performance of NASDAQ Market Makers During the November 15, 1991, Market Break," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 13(3), pages 205-229, June.
- Charles Kahn & George Pennacchi & Ben Sopranzetti, 1999.
"Bank Deposit Rate Clustering: Theory and Empirical Evidence,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 54(6), pages 2185-2214, December.
- Charles M. Kahn & George Pennacchi & Ben Sopranzetti, 1996. "Bank deposit rate clustering: theory and empirical evidence," Working Paper 9604, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- William B. English, 2002. "Financial consolidation and monetary policy," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue May, pages 271-284.
- Hackl, Franz & Kummer, Michael E. & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2010.
"99 cent: Price points in e-commerce,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
10-022, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Valérie Revest & Samira Guennif, 2005. "Social structure and reputation: the NASDAQ case study," Post-Print halshs-00163731, HAL.
- Ahn, Hee-Joon & Cao, Charles Q. & Choe, Hyuk, 1998. "Decimalization and competition among stock markets: Evidence from the Toronto Stock Exchange cross-listed securities," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 51-87, April.
- Jose Montalvo, 2003. "Liquidity and market makers: a pseudo-experimental analysis with ultrahigh frequency data," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(4), pages 358-378.
- Craig W. Holden & Stacey Jacobsen & Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, 2014. "The Empirical Analysis of Liquidity," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 8(4), pages 263-365, December.
- McInish, Thomas H. & Van Ness, Bonnie F. & Van Ness, Robert A., 2001. "Market changes and spread components, implications for international markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 65-73, March.
- Kedar Kulkarni & Tarun Sabarwal, 2007.
"To what extent are investment bank-differentiating factors relevant for firms floating moderate-sized IPOs?,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 297-327, July.
- Kedar S. Kulkarni & Tarun Sabarwal, 2004. "To what extent are investment bank-differentiating factors relevant for firms floating moderate-sized IPOs?," Finance 0410005, EconWPA, revised 04 Mar 2005.
- Verousis, Thanos & ap Gwilym, Owain, 2013. "Trade size clustering and the cost of trading at the London Stock Exchange," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 91-102.
- repec:pri:indrel:542 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joel Hasbrouck, 1998. "Liquidity in the Futures Pits: Inferring Market Dynamics from Incomplete Data," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 98-076, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Cheng Gao & Bruce Mizrach, 2013.
"Market Quality Breakdowns in Equities,"
Departmental Working Papers
201318, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Kohler, Alexander & von Wyss, Rico, 2012. "Fragmentation in European Equity Markets and Market Quality – Evidence from the Analysis of Trade-Throughs," Working Papers on Finance 1210, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Duong Nguyen & Tribhuvan Puri, 2014. "Information asymmetry and accounting restatement: NYSE-AMEX and NASDAQ evidence," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 211-244, August.
- Hans R. Stoll, 2006. "Electronic Trading in Stock Markets," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 153-174, Winter.
- Lucy F. Ackert & Bryan K. Church, 1998. "Competitiveness and price setting in dealer markets," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q 3, pages 4-11.
- Hanna, J. Douglas & Ready, Mark J., 2005. "Profitable predictability in the cross section of stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 463-505, December.
- Joe Chen, 2005. "The Market Structure of Nasdaq Dealer Markets and Quoting Conventions," CARF F-Series CARF-F-040, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Jan Krahnen & Martin Weber, 2001.
"Marketmaking in the Laboratory: Does Competition Matter?,"
Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 55-85, June.
- Jan Pieter Krahnen & Martin Weber, 2001. "Marketmaking in the Laboratory: Does Competition Matter?," Working Paper Series: Finance and Accounting 4, Department of Finance, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main.
- Kalyn Coatney & Jesse Tack, 2014. "The Impacts of an Antitrust Investigation: A Case Study in Agriculture," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 44(4), pages 423-441, June.
- Amir E. Khandani & Andrew W. Lo, 2008.
"What Happened To The Quants In August 2007?: Evidence from Factors and Transactions Data,"
NBER Working Papers
14465, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Khandani, Amir E. & Lo, Andrew W., 2011. "What happened to the quants in August 2007? Evidence from factors and transactions data," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-46, February.
- Jörg Rieger & Kirsten Rüchardt & Bodo Vogt, 2011. "Comparing High Frequency Data of Stocks that are Traded Simultaneously in the US and Germany: Simulated Versus Empirical Data," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 1(2), pages 126-142, December.
- Natalya Y. Shelkova, 2008. "Low-wage labor markets amd the power of suggestion," Working Papers 1112, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Murphy Jun Jie Lee, 2013. "The Microstructure of Trading Processes on the Singapore Exchange," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 4.
- Levin, Eric J. & Wright, Robert E., 2004. "Estimating the profit markup component of the bid-ask spread: evidence from the London Stock Exchange," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Thierry Foucault & Bruno Biais & Francois Salanie, 1998.
"Floors, dealer markets and limit order markets,"
- Bruce Mizrach & Yijie Zhang, 2000. "Should ECNs be SOES-able?," Departmental Working Papers 200010, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Domowitz, Ian & Glen, Jack & Madhavan, Ananth, 2001.
"Liquidity, Volatility and Equity Trading Costs across Countries and over Time,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(2), pages 221-55, Summer.
- Ian Domowitz & Jack Glen & Ananth Madhavan, 2000. "Liquidity, Volatility, and Equity Trading Costs Across Countries and Over Time," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 322, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Andreas Krause, 1999. "Implicit Collusion in Dealer Markets with Different Costs of Market Making," Finance 9903002, EconWPA.
- Gerke, Wolfgang & Bosch, Robert, 1999. "Die Betreuer am Neuen Markt: eine empirische Analyse," CFS Working Paper Series 1999/12, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- David Michayluk & Paul Kofman, 2001. "Market Structure and Stock Splits," Research Paper Series 62, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Bollen, Nicolas P. B. & Smith, Tom & Whaley, Robert E., 2004. "Modeling the bid/ask spread: measuring the inventory-holding premium," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 97-141, April.
- Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Rubalcava, Arturo, 2005. "International trade-venue clienteles and order-flow competitiveness," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 86-113, January.
- Benos, Evangelos & Zikes, Filip, 2016. "Liquidity determinants in the UK gilt market," Bank of England working papers 600, Bank of England.
- John Board & Charles Sutcliffe & Anne Vila, 2000. "Market Maker Performance: The Search for Fair Weather Market Makers," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 17(3), pages 259-276, September.
- Carol Osler & Xuhang Wang, 2012. "The Microstructure of Currency Markets," Working Papers 49, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School.
- Salomonsson, Marcus, 2009. "Introducing a spread into the Kyle model," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 713, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Ajay Shah, 1995. "The Tale of One Market Inefficiency: Abnormal Returns around GDR Issues by Indian Firms," Finance 9507001, EconWPA.
- Owain ap Gwilym & Evamena Alibo, 2003. "Decreased price clustering in FTSE100 futures contracts following a transfer from floor to electronic trading," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(7), pages 647-659, 07.
- Lallouache, Mehdi & Abergel, Frédéric, 2014. "Tick size reduction and price clustering in a FX order book," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 416(C), pages 488-498.
- Bharati, Rakesh & Crain, Susan J. & Kaminski, Vincent, 2012. "Clustering in crude oil prices and the target pricing zone hypothesis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1115-1123.