The Role of Tick Size in Upstairs Trading and Downstairs Trading
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Grossman, Sanford J & Miller, Merton H, 1988. " Liquidity and Market Structure," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(3), pages 617-637, July.
- Lee, Charles M C & Mucklow, Belinda & Ready, Mark J, 1993. "Spreads, Depths, and the Impact of Earnings Information: An Intraday Analysis," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 345-374.
- Bacidore, Jeffrey M., 1997. "The Impact of Decimalization on Market Quality: An Empirical Investigation of the Toronto Stock Exchange," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 92-120, April.
- Biais, Bruno & Hillion, Pierre & Spatt, Chester, 1995. " An Empirical Analysis of the Limit Order Book and the Order Flow in the Paris Bourse," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1655-1689, December.
- Easley, David & O'Hara, Maureen, 1987. "Price, trade size, and information in securities markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 69-90, September.
- Huang, Roger D. & Stoll, Hans R., 1996. "Dealer versus auction markets: A paired comparison of execution costs on NASDAQ and the NYSE," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 313-357, July.
- Chordia, Tarun & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1995. "Market Making, the Tick Size, and Payment-for-Order Flow: Theory and Evidence," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(4), pages 543-575, October.
- Angel, James J, 1997. " Tick Size, Share Prices, and Stock Splits," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 655-681, June.
- Gemmill, Gordon, 1996. " Transparency and Liquidity: A Study of Block Trades on the London Stock Exchange under Different Publication Rules," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(5), pages 1765-1790, December.
- Pagano, Marco & Roell, Ailsa, 1996. " Transparency and Liquidity: A Comparison of Auction and Dealer Markets with Informed Trading," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 579-611, June.
- Ahn, Hee-Joon & Cao, Charles Q. & Choe, Hyuk, 1998. "Decimalization and competition among stock markets: Evidence from the Toronto Stock Exchange cross-listed securities," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 51-87, April.
- Blume, Marshall E & Goldstein, Michael A, 1997. " Quotes, Order Flow, and Price Discovery," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 221-244, March.
- Mendelson, Haim, 1987. "Consolidation, Fragmentation, and Market Performance," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(02), pages 189-207, June.
- Ahn, Hee-Joon & Cao, Charles Q. & Choe, Hyuk, 1996. "Tick Size, Spread, and Volume," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 2-22, January.
- Harris, Lawrence, 1991. "Stock Price Clustering and Discreteness," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(3), pages 389-415.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Rubalcava, Arturo, 2005. "International trade-venue clienteles and order-flow competitiveness," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 86-113, January.
- Buti, Sabrina & Rindi, Barbara & Wen, Yuanji & Werner, Ingrid M., 2013. "Tick Size Regulation and Sub-Penny Trading," Working Paper Series 2013-14, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Cebiroglu, Gökhan & Hautsch, Nikolaus & Horst, Ulrich, 2014.
"Order exposure and liquidity coordination: Does hidden liquidity harm price efficiency?,"
CFS Working Paper Series
468, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Cebirogly, Gökhan & Hautsch, Nikolaus & Horst, Ulrich, 2017. "Order Exposure and Liquidity Coordination: Does Hidden Liquidity Harm Price Efficiency?," Rationality and Competition Discussion Paper Series 28, CRC TRR 190 Rationality and Competition.
- repec:kap:rqfnac:v:50:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11156-017-0632-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- MacKinnon, Greg & Nemiroff, Howard, 2004. "Tick size and the returns to providing liquidity," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 57-73.
- Hans Degryse & Frank De Jong & Maarten Van Ravenswaaij & Gunther Wuyts, 2005.
"Aggressive Orders and the Resiliency of a Limit Order Market,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 9(2), pages 201-242.
- Hans Degryse & Frank Jong & Maarten Ravenswaaij & Gunther Wuyts, 2005. "Aggressive Orders and the Resiliency of a Limit Order Market," Review of Finance, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 201-242, June.
- Degryse, H.A. & de Jong, F.C.J.M. & van Ravenswaaij, M. & Wuyts, G., 2002. "Aggressive Orders and the Resiliency of a Limit Order Market," Discussion Paper 2002-80, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Faith Chin & Corey Garriott, 2016. "Options Decimalization," Staff Working Papers 16-57, Bank of Canada.
- Chung, Kee H. & Chuwonganant, Chairat, 2002. "Tick size and quote revisions on the NYSE," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 391-410, October.
- David Abad & Mikel Tapia, 2003. "Impacto Sobre El Mercado Bursatil Español De Los Cambios En Las Variaciones Mínimas De Precios Tras La Introducción Del Euro," Working Papers. Serie EC 2003-17, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Khalil Dayri & Mathieu Rosenbaum, 2012. "Large tick assets: implicit spread and optimal tick size," Papers 1207.6325, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2013.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinin:v:7:y:1998:i:4:p:393-417. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622875 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.