Liquidity and Market Structure
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Grossman, Sanford J, 1988.
"An Analysis of the Implications for Stock and Futures Price Volatility of Program Trading and Dynamic Hedging Strategies,"
The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(3), pages 275-298, July.
- Sanford J. Grossman, 1987. "An Analysis of the Implications for Stock and Futures Price Volatility of Program Trading and Dynamic Hedging Strategies," NBER Working Papers 2357, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glosten, Lawrence R. & Milgrom, Paul R., 1985.
"Bid, ask and transaction prices in a specialist market with heterogeneously informed traders,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Paul R. Milgrom, 1983. "Bid, Ask and Transaction Prices in a Specialist Market with Heterogeneously Informed Traders," Discussion Papers 570, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Cohen, Kalman J & Maier, Steven F & Schwartz, Robert A & Whitcomb, David K, 1981. "Transaction Costs, Order Placement Strategy, and Existence of the Bid-Ask Spread," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(2), pages 287-305, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hans Degryse & Frank Jong & Maarten Ravenswaaij & Gunther Wuyts, 2005.
"Aggressive Orders and the Resiliency of a Limit Order Market,"
Review of Finance, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 201-242, June.
- Hans Degryse & Frank De Jong & Maarten Van Ravenswaaij & Gunther Wuyts, 2005. "Aggressive Orders and the Resiliency of a Limit Order Market," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 9(2), pages 201-242.
- Degryse, H.A. & de Jong, F.C.J.M. & van Ravenswaaij, M. & Wuyts, G., 2002. "Aggressive Orders and the Resiliency of a Limit Order Market," Other publications TiSEM 8e62b849-399d-469e-91c6-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Degryse, H.A. & de Jong, F.C.J.M. & van Ravenswaaij, M. & Wuyts, G., 2002. "Aggressive Orders and the Resiliency of a Limit Order Market," Discussion Paper 2002-80, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Foucault, Thierry, 1999.
"Order flow composition and trading costs in a dynamic limit order market1,"
Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 99-134, May.
- Foucault, Thierry, 1998. "Order Flow Composition and Trading Costs in Dynamic Limit Order Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 1817, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thierry Foucault, 2011. "Order Flow Composition and Trading Costs in a Dynamic Limit Order Market," Working Papers hal-00601598, HAL.
- Thierry Foucault, 1999. "Order flow composition and trading costs in a dynamic limit order market," Post-Print hal-00459769, HAL.
- Jie-Haun Lee & Whei-May Fan, 2014. "Investors’ perception of corporate governance: a spillover effect of Taiwan corporate scandals," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 97-119, July.
- Bogdan Negrea, 2011. "How to Compute the Liquidity Cost in the Orders-Driven Market?," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 3(1), pages 007-019, June.
- Sugato Chakravarty & Asani Sarkar, 1999. "Liquidity in U.S. fixed income markets: a comparison of the bid-ask spread in corporate, government and municipal bond markets," Staff Reports 73, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Gu, Gao-Feng & Xiong, Xiong & Zhang, Yong-Jie & Chen, Wei & Zhang, Wei & Zhou, Wei-Xing, 2016. "Stylized facts of price gaps in limit order books," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 48-58.
- Dimitri Vayanos & Jiang Wang, 2012. "Market Liquidity -- Theory and Empirical Evidence," NBER Working Papers 18251, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anthony D. Hall & Nikolaus Hautsch, 2004.
"A Continuous-Time Measurement of the Buy-Sell Pressure in a Limit Order Book Market,"
FRU Working Papers
2004/03, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Finance Research Unit.
- Anthony D. Hall & Nikolaus Hautsch, 2004. "A Continuous-Time Measurement of the Buy-Sell Pressure in a Limit Order Book Market," Research Paper Series 121, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Anthony D. Hall & Nikolaus Hautsch, 2004. "A Continuous-Time Measurement of the Buy-Sell Pressure in a Limit Order Book Market," Discussion Papers 04-07, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Frank McGroarty & Owain ap Gwilym & Stephen Thomas, 2007. "The Components of Electronic Inter‐Dealer Spot FX Bid‐Ask Spreads," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(9‐10), pages 1635-1650, November.
- Sifat, Imtiaz Mohammad & Mohamad, Azhar, 2015. "Order imbalance and selling aggression under a shorting ban: Evidence from the UK," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 368-379.
- Mao, Wen & Pagano, Michael S., 2011. "Specialists as risk managers: The competition between intermediated and non-intermediated markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 51-66, January.
- Vayanos, Dimitri & Wang, Jiang, 2013. "Market Liquidityâ€”Theory and Empirical Evidence ," Handbook of the Economics of Finance, in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 1289-1361, Elsevier.
- Murphy Jun Jie Lee, 2013. "The Microstructure of Trading Processes on the Singapore Exchange," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 2-2013, November.
- Jeremy Large, 2004. "Cancellation and uncertainty aversion on limit order books," Economics Series Working Papers 2004-FE-04, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Jennifer Huang & Jiang Wang, 2009. "Liquidity and Market Crashes," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(7), pages 2407-2443, July.
- Kee H. Chung & Xin Zhao, 2004. "Making a Market with Spreads and Depths," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(7‐8), pages 1069-1097, September.
- Buti, Sabrina & Rindi, Barbara, 2013. "Undisclosed orders and optimal submission strategies in a limit order market," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(3), pages 797-812.
- Rossi, Stefano & Tinn, Katrin, 2021. "Rational quantitative trading in efficient markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 191(C).
- Daniel F. Spulber, 1996. "Market Microstructure and Intermediation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(3), pages 135-152, Summer.
- Liu, Qingfu & Hua, Renhai & An, Yunbi, 2016. "Determinants and information content of intraday bid-ask spreads: Evidence from Chinese commodity futures markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 135-148.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:2641. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.