A change in market microstructure: the switch to electronic screen trading on the New Zealand stock exchange
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 8 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3-4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McInish, Thomas H & Wood, Robert A, 1992. " An Analysis of Intraday Patterns in Bid/Ask Spreads for NYSE Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 753-764, June.
- Glosten, Lawrence R. & Milgrom, Paul R., 1985.
"Bid, ask and transaction prices in a specialist market with heterogeneously informed traders,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Paul R. Milgrom, 1983. "Bid, Ask and Transaction Prices in a Specialist Market with Heterogeneously Informed Traders," Discussion Papers 570, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Ferris, Stephen P. & McInish, Thomas H. & Wood, Robert A., 1997. "Automated trade execution and trading activity: The case of the Vancouver stock exchange," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 61-72, April.
- Sanger, Gary C. & Peterson, James D., 1990. "An Empirical Analysis of Common Stock Delistings," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 261-272, June.
- Naidu, G. N. & Rozeff, Michael S., 1994. "Volume, volatility, liquidity and efficiency of the Singapore Stock Exchange before and after automation," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 23-42, March.
- Tinic, Seha M. & West, Richard R., 1972. "Competition and the Pricing of Dealer Service in the Over-the-Counter Stock Market," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 1707-1727, June.
- Harris, L., 1990. "Liquidity , Trading Rules and Electronic Trading Systems ," Papers 91-8, Southern California - School of Business Administration.
- Petersen, Mitchell A. & Fialkowski, David, 1994. "Posted versus effective spreads *1: Good prices or bad quotes?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 269-292, June.
- Cohen, Kalman J, et al, 1981. "Transaction Costs, Order Placement Strategy, and Existence of the Bid-Ask Spread," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(2), pages 287-305, April.
- George, Thomas J & Kaul, Gautam & Nimalendran, M, 1991. "Estimation of the Bid-Ask Spread and Its Components: A New Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(4), pages 623-656.
- Sanger, Gary C. & McConnell, John J., 1986. "Stock Exchange Listings, Firm Value, and Security Market Efficiency: The Impact of NASDAQ," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(01), pages 1-25, March.
- Domowitz, Ian, 1990. "The mechanics of automated trade execution systems," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 167-194, June.
- Blume, Marshall E & Goldstein, Michael A, 1997. " Quotes, Order Flow, and Price Discovery," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 221-244, March.
- Haller, Andreas & Stoll, Hans R., 1989. "Market structure and transaction costs: Implied spreads in the German stock market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(4-5), pages 697-708, September.
- Grunbichler Andreas & Longstaff Francis A. & Schwartz Eduardo S., 1994. "Electronic Screen Trading and the Transmission of Information: An Empirical Examination," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 166-187, March.
- Campbell, Joseph, et al, 1991. "Off-Floor Trading, Disintegration, and the Bid-Ask Spread in Experimental Markets," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(4), pages 495-522, October.
- Mendelson, Haim, 1987. "Consolidation, Fragmentation, and Market Performance," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(02), pages 189-207, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)