Information flows and open outcry: evidence of imitation trading
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ferris, Stephen P. & McInish, Thomas H. & Wood, Robert A., 1997. "Automated trade execution and trading activity: The case of the Vancouver stock exchange," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 61-72, April.
- Lee, Charles M C & Mucklow, Belinda & Ready, Mark J, 1993. "Spreads, Depths, and the Impact of Earnings Information: An Intraday Analysis," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 345-374.
- Biais, Bruno & Hillion, Pierre & Spatt, Chester, 1995. " An Empirical Analysis of the Limit Order Book and the Order Flow in the Paris Bourse," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1655-1689, December.
- Bruce N. Lehmann and David M. Modest., 1994. "Trading and Liquidity on the Tokyo Stock Exchange: A Bird's Eye View," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-234, University of California at Berkeley.
- Huang, Roger D. & Stoll, Hans R., 1996. "Dealer versus auction markets: A paired comparison of execution costs on NASDAQ and the NYSE," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 313-357, July.
- David C. Porter & Daniel G. Weaver, 1997. "Tick Size and Market Quality," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 26(4), Winter.
- Harris, Lawrence E, 1994. "Minimum Price Variations, Discrete Bid-Ask Spreads, and Quotation Sizes," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(1), pages 149-178.
- Ian Domowitz, 1992. "Automating the Price Discovery Process; Some International Comparisons and Regulatory Implications," IMF Working Papers 92/80, International Monetary Fund.
- Benveniste, Lawrence M. & Marcus, Alan J. & Wilhelm, William J., 1992. "What's special about the specialist?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 61-86, August.
- Lehmann, Bruce N & Modest, David M, 1994. " Trading and Liquidity on the Tokyo Stock Exchange: A Bird's Eye View," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(3), pages 951-984, July.
- Ahn, Hee-Joon & Cao, Charles Q. & Choe, Hyuk, 1996. "Tick Size, Spread, and Volume," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 2-22, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ellul, Andrew & Holden, Craig W. & Jain, Pankaj & Jennings, Robert, 2007. "Order dynamics: Recent evidence from the NYSE," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 636-661, December.
- Josephson, Jens & Matros, Alexander, 2004.
"Stochastic imitation in finite games,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 244-259, November.
- Josephson, Jens & Matros, Alexander, 2000. "Stochastic Imitation in Finite Games," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 363, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 27 Nov 2002.
- Owain ap Gwilym & Evamena Alibo, 2003. "Decreased price clustering in FTSE100 futures contracts following a transfer from floor to electronic trading," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(7), pages 647-659, July.
- FOUCAULT, Thierry & LESCOURRET, Laurence, 2001.
"Information sharing, liquidity and transaction costs in floor-based trading systems,"
Les Cahiers de Recherche
742, HEC Paris.
- Thierry Foucault & Laurence Lescourret, 2003. "Information Sharing, Liquidity and Transaction Costs in Floor-Based Trading Systems," Post-Print hal-00481203, HAL.
- Thierry Foucault & Laurence Lescourret, 2011. "Information Sharing, Liquidity and Transaction Costs in Floor-based Trading Systems," Working Papers hal-00597189, HAL.
- Laurence Lescourret & Thierry Foucault, 2001. "Information Sharing Liquidity and Transaction Costs in Floor-Based Trading Systems," Working Papers 2001-18, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Hirshleifer, David & Teoh, Siew Hong, 2008. "Thought and Behavior Contagion in Capital Markets," MPRA Paper 9164, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Griffiths, Mark D. & Smith, Brian F. & Turnbull, D. Alasdair S. & White, Robert W., 2000. "The costs and determinants of order aggressiveness," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 65-88, April.
- David Hirshleifer & Siew Hong Teoh, 2003.
"Herd Behaviour and Cascading in Capital Markets: a Review and Synthesis,"
European Financial Management,
European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(1), pages 25-66.
- Hirshleifer, David & Teoh, Siew Hong, 2001. "Herd Behavior and Cascading in Capital Markets: A Review and Synthesis," MPRA Paper 5186, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:8:y:1998:i:2:p:101-116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.