Price clustering on the limit-order book: Evidence from the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hee-Joon Ahn, 2001. "Limit Orders, Depth, and Volatility: Evidence from the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 767-788, April.
- Miller, Edward M, 1977. "Risk, Uncertainty, and Divergence of Opinion," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1151-1168, September.
- Victor Niederhoffer, 1965. "A New Look at Clustering of Stock Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39, pages 309-309.
- Charles Kahn & George Pennacchi & Ben Sopranzetti, 1999.
"Bank Deposit Rate Clustering: Theory and Empirical Evidence,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 54(6), pages 2185-2214, December.
- Charles M. Kahn & George Pennacchi & Ben Sopranzetti, 1996. "Bank deposit rate clustering: theory and empirical evidence," Working Paper 9604, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Brown, Philip & Chua, Angeline & Mitchell, Jason, 2002. "The influence of cultural factors on price clustering: Evidence from Asia-Pacific stock markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 307-332, June.
- Oded Palmon & Barton A. Smith & Ben J. Sopranzetti, 2004. "Clustering in Real Estate Prices: Determinants and Consequences," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 26(2), pages 115-136.
- Grossman, Sanford J, et al, 1997. "Clustering and Competition in Asset Markets," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(1), pages 23-60, April.
- Duffie, Darrell & Garleanu, Nicolae & Pedersen, Lasse Heje, 2002. "Securities lending, shorting, and pricing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 307-339.
- Seppi, Duane J, 1997. "Liquidity Provision with Limit Orders and a Strategic Specialist," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(1), pages 103-150.
- Jones, Charles M. & Lamont, Owen A., 2002. "Short-sale constraints and stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 207-239.
- Geoffrey Booth, G. & Kallunki, Juha-Pekka & Lin, Ji-Chai & Martikainen, Teppo, 2000. "Internalization and stock price clustering: Finnish evidence," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 737-751, October.
- Duffie, Darrell, 1996. " Special Repo Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 493-526, June.
- Kandel, Shmuel & Sarig, Oded & Wohl, Avi, 2001. "Do investors prefer round stock prices? Evidence from Israeli IPO auctions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1543-1551, August.
- Sopranzetti, Ben J. & Datar, Vinay, 2002. "Price clustering in foreign exchange spot markets," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 411-417, October.
- Glosten, Lawrence R, 1994. " Is the Electronic Open Limit Order Book Inevitable?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1127-1161, September.
- Diamond, Douglas W. & Verrecchia, Robert E., 1987. "Constraints on short-selling and asset price adjustment to private information," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 277-311, June.
- Lee, Charles M C & Ready, Mark J, 1991. " Inferring Trade Direction from Intraday Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 733-746, June.
- Harris, Lawrence, 1991. "Stock Price Clustering and Discreteness," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(3), pages 389-415.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Zi-Mei & Chiao, Chaoshin & Chang, Ya-Ting, 2012. "Technical analyses and order submission behaviors: Evidence from an emerging market," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 109-128.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Smyth, Russell, 2013.
"Has political instability contributed to price clustering on Fiji's stock market?,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 125-130.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Smyth, Russell, 2011. "Has political instability contributed to price clustering on Fiji's stock market?," Working Papers fe_2011_03, Deakin University, Department of Economics.
- Lallouache, Mehdi & Abergel, Frédéric, 2014. "Tick size reduction and price clustering in a FX order book," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 416(C), pages 488-498.
- Fraser-Mackenzie, P. & Sung, M. & Johnson, J.E.V., 2015. "The prospect of a perfect ending: Loss aversion and the round-number bias," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 67-80.
- Utpal Bhattacharya & Craig W. Holden & Stacey Jacobsen, 2012. "Penny Wise, Dollar Foolish: Buy-Sell Imbalances On and Around Round Numbers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(2), pages 413-431, February.
- Zhang, Yan & Ikeda, Shin S., 2016. "A dynamic panel analysis of HKEx shorting ban’s impact on the relationship between disagreement and future returns," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 10-16.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Narayan, Seema & Popp, Stephan & D'Rosario, Michael, 2011. "Share price clustering in Mexico," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 113-119, April.
- Brown, Alasdair & Yang, Fuyu, 2016.
"Limited cognition and clustered asset prices: Evidence from betting markets,"
Journal of Financial Markets,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 27-46.
- Alasdair Brown & Fuyu Yang, 2013. "Limited Cognition and Clustered Asset Prices: Evidence from Betting Markets," University of East Anglia Applied and Financial Economics Working Paper Series 054, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Bharati, Rakesh & Crain, Susan J. & Kaminski, Vincent, 2012. "Clustering in crude oil prices and the target pricing zone hypothesis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1115-1123.
- Meng, Lei & Verousis, Thanos & ap Gwilym, Owain, 2013. "A substitution effect between price clustering and size clustering in credit default swaps," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 139-152.
- Verousis, Thanos & ap Gwilym, Owain, 2013. "Trade size clustering and the cost of trading at the London Stock Exchange," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 91-102.
- Ke, Wen-Chyan & Chen, Hueiling & Lin, Hsiou-Wei W. & Liu, Yo-Chia, 2017. "The impact of numerical superstition on the final digit of stock price," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 145-157.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:159:y:2017:i:c:p:145-148 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:pacfin:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:27-46 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finmar:v:8:y:2005:i:4:p:421-451. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/finmar .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.