The prospect of a perfect ending: Loss aversion and the round-number bias
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Stiving, 2000. "Price-Endings When Prices Signal Quality," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(12), pages 1617-1629, December.
- David L. Ikenberry & James P. Weston, 2008. "Clustering in US Stock Prices after Decimalisation," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 14(1), pages 30-54, January.
- Victor Niederhoffer, 1965. "A New Look at Clustering of Stock Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39, pages 309-309.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Nicola Lacetera & Devin G. Pope & Justin R. Sydnor, 2012.
"Heuristic Thinking and Limited Attention in the Car Market,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(5), pages 2206-2236, August.
- Justin R. Sydnor & Devin G. Pope & Nicola Lacetera, 2011. "Heuristic Thinking and Limited Attention in the Car Market," 2011 Meeting Papers 105, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Nicola Lacetera & Devin G. Pope & Justin R. Sydnor, 2011. "Heuristic Thinking and Limited Attention in the Car Market," NBER Working Papers 17030, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stiving, Mark & Winer, Russell S, 1997. "An Empirical Analysis of Price Endings with Scanner Data," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 57-67, June.
- Utpal Bhattacharya & Craig W. Holden & Stacey Jacobsen, 2012. "Penny Wise, Dollar Foolish: Buy-Sell Imbalances On and Around Round Numbers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(2), pages 413-431, February.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. "Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1991. "Loss Aversion in Riskless Choice: A Reference-Dependent Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(4), pages 1039-1061.
- Kenneth C. Manning & David E. Sprott, 2009. "Price Endings, Left-Digit Effects, and Choice," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(2), pages 328-335.
- Summers, Barbara & Duxbury, Darren, 2012. "Decision-dependent emotions and behavioral anomalies," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 226-238.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1997. "Why are so many goods priced to end in nine? And why this practice hurts the producers," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 41-44, January.
- Ravi Dhar & Ning Zhu, 2006. "Up Close and Personal: Investor Sophistication and the Disposition Effect," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(5), pages 726-740, May.
- Meghan R. Busse & Nicola Lacetera & Devin G. Pope & Jorge Silva-Risso & Justin R. Sydnor, 2013.
"Estimating the Effect of Salience in Wholesale and Retail Car Markets,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 575-579, May.
- Meghan R. Busse & Nicola Lacetera & Devin G. Pope & Jorge Silva-Risso & Justin R. Sydnor, 2013. "Estimating the Effect of Salience in Wholesale and Retail Car Markets," NBER Working Papers 18820, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manoj Thomas & Vicki Morwitz, 2005. "Penny Wise and Pound Foolish: The Left-Digit Effect in Price Cognition," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(1), pages 54-64, June.
- Peter Fraser-Mackenzie & Itiel Dror, 2011. "Dynamic reasoning and time pressure: Transition from analytical operations to experiential responses," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 71(2), pages 211-225, August.
- Ahn, Hee-Joon & Cai, Jun & Cheung, Yan Leung, 2005. "Price clustering on the limit-order book: Evidence from the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 421-451, November.
- Chaoshin Chiao & Zi‐May Wang, 2009. "Price Clustering: Evidence Using Comprehensive Limit‐Order Data," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 44(1), pages 1-29, February.
- Harris, Lawrence, 1991. "Stock Price Clustering and Discreteness," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(3), pages 389-415.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Tao, 2018. "Round-number biases and informed trading in global markets," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 105-117.
More about this item
KeywordsAnalog value function; Round-number bias; Left-digit effect; Heuristics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp:v:131:y:2015:i:c:p:67-80. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.