Price clustering in Bitcoin
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David L. Ikenberry & James P. Weston, 2008. "Clustering in US Stock Prices after Decimalisation," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 14(1), pages 30-54.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:158:y:2017:i:c:p:3-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Alasdair & Yang, Fuyu, 2016.
"Limited cognition and clustered asset prices: Evidence from betting markets,"
Journal of Financial Markets,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 27-46.
- Alasdair Brown & Fuyu Yang, 2013. "Limited Cognition and Clustered Asset Prices: Evidence from Betting Markets," University of East Anglia Applied and Financial Economics Working Paper Series 054, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Urquhart, Andrew, 2016. "The inefficiency of Bitcoin," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 80-82.
- Robert I. Webb & Jason Mitchell, 2001. "Clustering and psychological barriers: the importance of numbers," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(5), pages 395-428, May.
- Marie Briere & Kim Oosterlinck & Ariane Szafarz, 2015.
"Virtual Currency, Tangible Return: Portfolio Diversification with Bitcoins,"
ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 16(6), pages 365-373.
- Marie Briere & Kim Oosterlinck & Ariane Szafarz, 2013. "Virtual Currency, Tangible Return: Portfolio Diversification with Bitcoin," Working Papers CEB 13-031, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marie Briere & Kim Oosterlinck & Ariane Szafarz, 2015. "Virtual Currency, Tangible Return: Portfolio Diversification with Bitcoins," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/226296, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Dwyer, Gerald P., 2015. "The economics of Bitcoin and similar private digital currencies," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 81-91.
- Sonnemans, Joep, 2006. "Price clustering and natural resistance points in the Dutch stock market: A natural experiment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(8), pages 1937-1950, November.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Narayan, Seema & Popp, Stephan, 2011. "Investigating price clustering in the oil futures market," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 397-402, January.
- Riccardo Curcio & Charles Goodhart, 1991. "The Clustering of Bid/Ask Prices and the Spread in the Foreign Exchange Market," FMG Discussion Papers dp110, Financial Markets Group.
- Sopranzetti, Ben J. & Datar, Vinay, 2002. "Price clustering in foreign exchange spot markets," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 411-417, October.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:74-81 is not listed on IDEAS
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Narayan, Seema & Popp, Stephan & D'Rosario, Michael, 2011. "Share price clustering in Mexico," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 113-119, April.
- Bharati, Rakesh & Crain, Susan J. & Kaminski, Vincent, 2012. "Clustering in crude oil prices and the target pricing zone hypothesis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1115-1123.
- Aslı Aşçıoğlu & Carole Comerton-Forde & Thomas H. McInish, 2007. "Price Clustering on the Tokyo Stock Exchange," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 289-301, May.
- Clifford A. Ball & Walter N. Torous & Adrian E. Tschoegl, 1985. "The degree of price resolution: The case of the gold market," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(1), pages 29-43, March.
- Dowling, Michael & Cummins, Mark & Lucey, Brian M., 2016. "Psychological barriers in oil futures markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 293-304.
- Ahn, Hee-Joon & Cai, Jun & Cheung, Yan Leung, 2005. "Price clustering on the limit-order book: Evidence from the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 421-451, November.
- Harris, Lawrence, 1991. "Stock Price Clustering and Discreteness," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(3), pages 389-415.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Saha, Kunal, 2018. "An investigation into the dependence structure of major cryptocurrencies," EconStor Preprints 181878, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:166:y:2018:i:c:p:40-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:165:y:2018:i:c:p:58-61 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian Masiak & Joern H. Block & Tobias Masiak & Matthias Neuenkirch & Katja N. Pielen, 2018. "The Market Cycles of ICOs, Bitcoin, and Ether," Research Papers in Economics 2018-04, University of Trier, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:163:y:2018:i:c:p:106-109 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Walther & Tony Klein, 2018. "Exogenous Drivers of Cryptocurrency Volatility - A Mixed Data Sampling Approach To Forecasting," Working Papers on Finance 1815, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:164:y:2018:i:c:p:109-111 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:512:y:2018:i:c:p:109-120 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:510:y:2018:i:c:p:658-670 is not listed on IDEAS
- Theodore Panagiotidis & Thanasis Stengos & Orestis Vravosinos, 2018. "The effects of markets, uncertainty and search intensity on bitcoin returns," Working Paper series 18-39, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:163:y:2018:i:c:p:6-9 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBitcoin; Price clustering; Cryptocurrency;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:159:y:2017:i:c:p:145-148. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.