Price clustering and natural resistance points in the Dutch stock market: A natural experiment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anil K Kashyap, 1995.
"Sticky Prices: New Evidence from Retail Catalogs,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(1), pages 245-274.
- Anil K. Kashyap, 1990. "Sticky prices: new evidence from retail catalogs," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 112, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Anil K. Kashyap, 1991. "Sticky prices: new evidence from retail catalogs," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, revised 1991.
- Anil K. Kashyap, 1994. "Sticky Prices: New Evidence from Retail Catalogs," NBER Working Papers 4855, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles Kahn & George Pennacchi & Ben Sopranzetti, 1999.
"Bank Deposit Rate Clustering: Theory and Empirical Evidence,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(6), pages 2185-2214, December.
- Charles M. Kahn & George Pennacchi & Ben Sopranzetti, 1996. "Bank deposit rate clustering: theory and empirical evidence," Working Papers (Old Series) 9604, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 1996.
- Brown, Philip & Chua, Angeline & Mitchell, Jason, 2002. "The influence of cultural factors on price clustering: Evidence from Asia-Pacific stock markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 307-332, June.
- Aitken, Michael & Brown, Philip & Buckland, Christine & Izan, H. Y. & Walter, Terry, 1996. "Price clustering on the Australian Stock Exchange," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 4(2-3), pages 297-314, July.
- Stiving, Mark & Winer, Russell S, 1997. "An Empirical Analysis of Price Endings with Scanner Data," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 57-67, June.
- Donaldson, R. Glen & Kim, Harold Y., 1993. "Price Barriers in the Dow Jones Industrial Average," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(3), pages 313-330, September.
- Sopranzetti, Ben J. & Datar, Vinay, 2002. "Price clustering in foreign exchange spot markets," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 411-417, October.
- David Hirshleifer, 2001. "Investor Psychology and Asset Pricing," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(4), pages 1533-1597, August.
- Koedijk, Kees G. & Stork, Philip A., 1994. "Should we care? psychological barriers in stock markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 427-432, April.
- Schindler, Robert M & Kirby, Patrick N, 1997. "Patterns of Rightmost Digits Used in Advertised Prices: Implications for Nine-Ending Effects," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(2), pages 192-201, September.
- Brenner, Gabrielle A & Brenner, Reuven, 1982. "Memory and Markets, or Why Are You Paying $2.99 for a Widget?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(1), pages 147-158, January.
- Harris, Lawrence, 1991. "Stock Price Clustering and Discreteness," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(3), pages 389-415.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li, Xin & Li, Shenghong & Xu, Chong, 2020. "Price clustering in Bitcoin market—An extension," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(C).
- Bill M. Cai & Charlie X. Cai & Kevin Keasey, 2007. "Influence of cultural factors on price clustering and price resistance in China's stock markets," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 47(4), pages 623-641, December.
- Brown, Alasdair & Yang, Fuyu, 2016.
"Limited cognition and clustered asset prices: Evidence from betting markets,"
Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 27-46.
- Alasdair Brown & Fuyu Yang, 2013. "Limited Cognition and Clustered Asset Prices: Evidence from Betting Markets," University of East Anglia Applied and Financial Economics Working Paper Series 054, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Robert Brooks & Edwyna Harris & Yovina Joymungul, 2013. "Price clustering in Australian water markets," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(6), pages 677-685, February.
- T. De Angelis & G. Peskir, 2016. "Optimal prediction of resistance and support levels," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(6), pages 465-483, November.
- Cummins, Mark & Dowling, Michael & Lucey, Brian M., 2015.
"Behavioral influences in non-ferrous metals prices,"
Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 9-22.
- Mark Cummins & Brian M. Lucey & Michael M. Dowling, 2014. "Behavioral Influences in Non-Ferrous Metals Prices," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp459, IIIS.
- Hu, Bill & McInish, Thomas & Miller, Jonathan & Zeng, Li, 2019. "Intraday price behavior of cryptocurrencies," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 337-342.
- Yizhou Bai & Zhiyu Guo, 2019. "An Empirical Investigation to the “Skew” Phenomenon in Stock Index Markets: Evidence from the Nikkei 225 and Others," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(24), pages 1-17, December.
- Christos Alexakis & Mark Cummins & Michael Dowling & Vasileios Pappas, 2018. "A High-Frequency Analysis of Price Resolution and Pricing Barriers in Equities on the Adoption of a New Currency," Post-Print hal-01994666, HAL.
- Urquhart, Andrew, 2017. "Price clustering in Bitcoin," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 145-148.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Smyth, Russell, 2013.
"Has political instability contributed to price clustering on Fiji's stock market?,"
Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 125-130.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Smyth, Russell, 2011. "Has political instability contributed to price clustering on Fiji's stock market?," Working Papers fe_2011_03, Deakin University, Department of Economics.
- Kalaichelvan, Mohandass & Lim Kai Jie, Shawn, 2012. "A Critical Evaluation of the Significance of Round Numbers in European Equity Markets in Light of the Predictions from Benford’s Law," MPRA Paper 40960, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jörg Rieger & Kirsten Rüchardt & Bodo Vogt, 2011. "Comparing High Frequency Data of Stocks that are Traded Simultaneously in the US and Germany: Simulated Versus Empirical Data," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 1(2), pages 126-142, December.
- Stowasser, Till & Englmaier, Stowasser & Schmöller, Arno, 2016. "Determinants and Effects of Reserve Prices in Auctions," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145540, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Shiyu Song & Yongjin Wang, 2017. "Pricing double barrier options under a volatility regime-switching model with psychological barriers," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 255-280, October.
- Aerts, Walter & Campenhout, Geert Van & Caneghem, Tom Van, 2008. "Clustering in dividends: Do managers rely on cognitive reference points?," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 276-284, June.
- Englmaier, Florian & Schmöller, Arno, 2010. "Determinants and Effects of Reserve Prices in Hattrick Auctions," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 326, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Kirsten Rüchardt & Bodo Vogt, 2009. "Comparison of the Stock Price Clustering of stocks which are traded in the US and Germany—Is XETRA more efficient than the NYSE?," FEMM Working Papers 09016, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Berk, Ales S. & Cummins, Mark & Dowling, Michael & Lucey, Brian M., 2017. "Psychological price barriers in frontier equities," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 1-14.
- Lynn, Michael & Flynn, Sean Masaki & Helion, Chelsea, 2013. "Do consumers prefer round prices? Evidence from pay-what-you-want decisions and self-pumped gasoline purchases," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 96-102.
- Christos Alexakis & Mark Cummins & Michael Dowling & Vasileios Pappas, 2018. "A high-frequency analysis of price resolution and pricing barriers in equities on the adoption of a new currency," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(36), pages 3949-3965, August.
- Garz, Marcel, 2018. "Effects of unemployment news on economic perceptions – Evidence from German Federal States," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 172-190.
- Schmöller, Arno, 2010. "Bidding Behavior, Seller Strategies, and the Utilization of Information in Auctions for Complex Goods," Munich Dissertations in Economics 11175, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Charles N. Noussair & Gregers Richter & Jean-Robert Tyran, 2008. "Money Illusion and Nominal Inertia in Experimental Asset Markets," Discussion Papers 08-29, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:50:y:2006:i:8:p:1937-1950. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.