Has political instability contributed to price clustering on Fiji's stock market?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Smyth, Russell, 2011. "Has political instability contributed to price clustering on Fiji's stock market?," Working Papers fe_2011_03, Deakin University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Victor Niederhoffer, 1965. "A New Look at Clustering of Stock Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39, pages 309-309.
- Aitken, Michael & Brown, Philip & Buckland, Christine & Izan, H. Y. & Walter, Terry, 1996. "Price clustering on the Australian Stock Exchange," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 4(2-3), pages 297-314, July.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Miller, Merton H & Cone, Kenneth R & Fischel, Daniel R & Ross, David J, 1997. "Clustering and Competition in Asset Markets," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(1), pages 23-60, April.
- Geoffrey Booth, G. & Kallunki, Juha-Pekka & Lin, Ji-Chai & Martikainen, Teppo, 2000. "Internalization and stock price clustering: Finnish evidence," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 737-751, October.
- Kee H. Chung & Kenneth A. Kim & Pattanaporn Kitsabunnarat, 2005. "Liquidity And Quote Clustering In A Market With Multiple Tick Sizes," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 28(2), pages 177-195, June.
- Sonnemans, Joep, 2006. "Price clustering and natural resistance points in the Dutch stock market: A natural experiment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(8), pages 1937-1950, November.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard & Mo Chaudhury, 2007.
"Price clustering in the CAC 40 index options market,"
Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(15), pages 1201-1210.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard & Mo Chaudhury, 2007. "Price clustering in the CAC 40 index options market," Post-Print halshs-00265668, HAL.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard & Mo Chaudhury, 2007. "Price clustering in the CAC 40 index options market," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00265668, HAL.
- Verousis, Thanos & ap Gwilym, Owain, 2013. "Trade size clustering and the cost of trading at the London Stock Exchange," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 91-102.
- Bill M. Cai & Charlie X. Cai & Kevin Keasey, 2007. "Influence of cultural factors on price clustering and price resistance in China's stock markets," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 47(4), pages 623-641, December.
- Harris, Lawrence, 1991. "Stock Price Clustering and Discreteness," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(3), pages 389-415.
- Gottlieb, Gary & Kalay, Avner, 1985. "Implications of the Discreteness of Observed Stock Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(1), pages 135-153, March.
- Khan, Safdar Ullah & Saqib, Omar Farooq, 2011.
"Political instability and inflation in Pakistan,"
Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 540-549.
- Khan, Safdar Ullah & Saqib, Omar Farooq, 2008. "Political Instability and Inflation in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 13056, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Jan 2009.
- Safdar Ullah Khan & Omar Farooq Saqib, 2009. "Political Instability and Inflation in Pakistan," SBP Working Paper Series 29, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- Brown, Philip & Chua, Angeline & Mitchell, Jason, 2002. "The influence of cultural factors on price clustering: Evidence from Asia-Pacific stock markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 307-332, June.
- Benjamin M. Blau & Bonnie F. Van Ness & Robert A. Van Ness, 2012. "Trade Size And Price Clustering: The Case Of Short Sales And The Suspension Of Price Tests," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 35(2), pages 159-182, June.
- Brown, Philip & Mitchell, Jason, 2008. "Culture and stock price clustering: Evidence from The Peoples' Republic of China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-2), pages 95-120, January.
- G. Geoffrey Booth & Aydin Yuksel, 2006. "Price resolution in an emerging market: Evidence from the Istanbul Stock Exchange," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 137-152.
- ap Gwilym, Owain & Clare, Andrew & Thomas, Stephen, 1998. "Price clustering and bid-ask spreads in international bond futures," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 8(3-4), pages 377-391, December.
- Riccardo Curcio & Charles Goodhart, 1991. "The Clustering of Bid/Ask Prices and the Spread in the Foreign Exchange Market," FMG Discussion Papers dp110, Financial Markets Group.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Narayan, Seema & Popp, Stephan & D'Rosario, Michael, 2011. "Share price clustering in Mexico," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 113-119, April.
- Aslı Aşçıoğlu & Carole Comerton‐Forde & Thomas H. McInish, 2007. "Price Clustering on the Tokyo Stock Exchange," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 289-301, May.
- Huang, Roger D. & Stoll, Hans R., 2001. "Tick Size, Bid-Ask Spreads, and Market Structure," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(4), pages 503-522, December.
- World Bank, 2013. "World Development Indicators 2013," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13191, June.
- Carole Comerton-Forde & Tālis J. Putniņš, 2014. "Stock Price Manipulation: Prevalence and Determinants," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 18(1), pages 23-66.
- He, Yan & Wu, Chunchi, 2006. "Is stock price rounded for economic reasons in the Chinese markets?," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 119-135, September.
- Ahn, Hee-Joon & Cai, Jun & Cheung, Yan Leung, 2005. "Price clustering on the limit-order book: Evidence from the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 421-451, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li, Xin & Li, Shenghong & Xu, Chong, 2020. "Price clustering in Bitcoin market—An extension," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(C).
- Thuraisamy, Kannan Sivananthan, 2014. "Intra-market sovereign linkages of key Latin American markets," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 140-160.
- Ya-Hui Wang & Chien-Chih Lai, 2015. "The Effect of Limit Order Book Information on Investors with Different Risk Attitudes," The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 9(1), pages 113-120.
- Ahmed, Walid M.A., 2017. "The impact of foreign equity flows on market volatility during politically tranquil and turbulent times: The Egyptian experience," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 61-77.
More about this item
KeywordsStock price; Price clustering; Political instability;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:28:y:2013:i:c:p:125-130. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.