Competition between financial markets in Europe: what can be expected from MiFID?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christie, William G & Harris, Jeffrey H & Schultz, Paul H, 1994. " Why Did NASDAQ Market Makers Stop Avoiding Odd-Eighth Quotes?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(5), pages 1841-1860, December.
- Admati, Anat R & Pfleiderer, Paul, 1991. "Sunshine Trading and Financial Market Equilibrium," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(3), pages 443-481.
- Michael J. Barclay & Terrence Hendershott & D. Timothy McCormick, 2003. "Competition among Trading Venues: Information and Trading on Electronic Communications Networks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(6), pages 2637-2666, December.
- P. Gomber & M. Gsell, 2006. "Catching Up with Technology - The Impact of Regulatory Changes on ECNs/MTFs and the Trading Venue Landscape in Europe," Competition and Regulation in Network Industries, Intersentia, vol. 7(4), pages 535-558, December.
- Madhavan, Ananth & Porter, David & Weaver, Daniel, 2005. "Should securities markets be transparent?," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 265-287, August.
- Ekkehart Boehmer & Gideon Saar & Lei Yu, 2005. "Lifting the Veil: An Analysis of Pre-trade Transparency at the NYSE," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(2), pages 783-815, April.
- Gemmill, Gordon, 1996. " Transparency and Liquidity: A Study of Block Trades on the London Stock Exchange under Different Publication Rules," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(5), pages 1765-1790, December.
- Chowdhry, Bhagwan & Nanda, Vikram, 1991. "Multimarket Trading and Market Liquidity," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(3), pages 483-511.
- Glosten, Lawrence R, 1994. " Is the Electronic Open Limit Order Book Inevitable?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1127-1161, September.
- P.J. Engelen, 2006. "Changes in Securities Trading Landscape in Europe and the U.S," Competition and Regulation in Network Industries, Intersentia, vol. 7(4), pages 439-452, December.
- Beat Bernet, 2005. "Towards an Economic Analysis of Financial Markets Regulation?," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 19(3), pages 313-322, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dejan Eric & Ivan Stosic, 2012. "Development of European Financial System: Challenges for the Balkan Countries Integration Process," Book Chapters, Institute of Economic Sciences.
- repec:pal:jbkreg:v:18:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1057_s41261-016-0035-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Chlistalla & Marco Lutat, 2011. "Competition in securities markets: the impact on liquidity," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 25(2), pages 149-172, June.
- Andreas Storkenmaier & Martin Wagener & Christof Weinhardt, 2012. "Public information in fragmented markets," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 26(2), pages 179-215, June.
- Kohler, Alexander & von Wyss, Rico, 2012. "Fragmentation in European Equity Markets and Market Quality – Evidence from the Analysis of Trade-Throughs," Working Papers on Finance 1210, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Daniëls, Tijmen R. & Dönges, Jutta & Heinemann, Frank, 2013.
"Crossing network versus dealer market: Unique equilibrium in the allocation of order flow,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 41-57.
- Jutta DÃ¶nges & Frank Heinemann & Tijmen R. DaniÃ«ls, 2013. "Crossing Network versus Dealer Market: Unique Equilibrium in the Allocation of Order Flow," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2013-007, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Faten Ben Slimane, 2012. "Stock exchange consolidation and return volatility," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(6), pages 606-627, May.
- Cosimo Abbate & Alessandro Sapio, 2016. "Gazelles and muppets in the City: Stock market listing, risk sharing, and firm growth quantiles," LEM Papers Series 2016/33, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial regulation; Market microstructure; MiFID; Trading systems; G18;
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:fmktpm:v:23:y:2009:i:1:p:93-103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.