Are Business Cycles Asymmetric? A Correction
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta & Anandamayee Majumdar & Stephen M. Miller, 2015. "Was the recent downturn in US real GDP predictable?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(28), pages 2985-3007, June.
- Peat, Maurice & Stevenson, Max, 1996.
"Asymmetry in the business cycle: Evidence from the Australian labour market,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 353-368, September.
- Maurice Peat & Max Stevenson, 1994. "Asymmetry in the Business Cycle: Evidence from the Australian Labour Markets," Working Paper Series 37, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Paul Zimmerman & John Yun & Christopher Taylor, 2013. "Edgeworth Price Cycles in Gasoline: Evidence from the United States," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 42(3), pages 297-320, May.
- Alan Speight, 1997. "Testing for business cycle asymmetry: some international evidence," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(10), pages 603-606.
- Kiani, K.M., 2009. "Neural Networks to Detect Nonlinearities in Time Series: Analysis of Business Cycle in France and the United Kingdom," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(1).
- Pablo Mejía-Reyes, 2000. "Asymmetries and Common Cycles in Latin America: Evidence from Markov-Switching Models," Economía Mexicana NUEVA ÉPOCA, , vol. 0(2), pages 189-225, July-Dece.
- David G. McMillan, 2009. "Non-linear interest rate dynamics and forecasting: evidence for US and Australian interest rates," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 139-155.
- Dijk, Dick van & Franses, Philip Hans, 1999. "Modeling Multiple Regimes in the Business Cycle," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(3), pages 311-340, September.
- Steven Cook & Alan Speight, 2006. "International Business Cycle Asymmetry and Time Irreversible Nonlinearities," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(10), pages 1051-1065.
- Clements, Michael P & Krolzig, Hans-Martin, 2003.
"Business Cycle Asymmetries: Characterization and Testing Based on Markov-Switching Autoregressions,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(1), pages 196-211, January.
- Clements, Michael & Krolzig, Hans-Martin, 1998. "Business Cycle Asymmetries: Characterisation and Testing based on Markov-Switching Autoregressions," Economic Research Papers 269248, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Clements, M.P. & Krolzig, H-M., 1999. "Business Cycle Asymmetries: Characterisationand Testing Based on Markov-Switching Autoregression," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 522, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Bildirici, Melike & Alp, Aykaç, 2008. "The Relationship Between Wages and Productivity: TAR Unit Root and TAR Cointegration Approach," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 5(1), pages 93-110.
- Ahn, Eun S. & Lee, Jin Man, 2012. "The Performance Of Nonlinearity Tests On Asymmetric Nonlinear Time Series," The Journal of Economic Asymmetries, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 11-44.
- Kiani, Khurshid M., 2016. "On business cycle fluctuations in USA macroeconomic time series," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 179-186.
- Khurshid M. Kiani, 2007. "Asymmetric Business Cycle Fluctuations and Contagion Effects in G7 Countries," International Journal of Business and Economics, School of Management Development, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 6(3), pages 237-253, December.
- Skalin, Joakim & TerÃ¤svirta, Timo, 2002.
"Modeling Asymmetries And Moving Equilibria In Unemployment Rates,"
Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 202-241, April.
- Skalin, Joakim & Teräsvirta, Timo, 1998. "Modelling asymmetries and moving equilibria in unemployment rates," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 262, Stockholm School of Economics, revised Jul 1999.
- Kin-Yip Ho & Albert K. Tsui & Zhaoyong Zhang, 2013. "Conditional Volatility Asymmetry Of Business Cycles: Evidence From Four Oecd Countries," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 38(3), pages 33-56, September.
- Jitender Singh & Arup Mitra, 2016. "Cyclical asymmetries and short-run relation between employment and output: the case of organised manufacturing in India," The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Springer;The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), vol. 59(2), pages 203-216, June.
- Massimo Guidolin & Stuart Hyde & David McMillan & Sadayuki Ono, 2014.
"Does the Macroeconomy Predict UK Asset Returns in a Nonlinear Fashion? Comprehensive Out-of-Sample Evidence,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 76(4), pages 510-535, August.
- Massimo Guidolin & Stuart Hyde & David McMillan & Sadayuki Ono, 2010. "Does the macroeconomy predict U.K. asset returns in a nonlinear fashion? comprehensive out-of-sample evidence," Working Papers 2010-039, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Hamori, Shigeyuki, 2000. "Volatility of real GDP: some evidence from the United States, the United Kingdom and Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 143-152, May.
- Pérez-Alonso Alicia & Di Sanzo Silvestro, 2010.
"Unemployment and Hysteresis: A Nonlinear Unobserved Components Approach,"
Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 15(1), pages 1-29, December.
- Alicia Pérez Alon & Silvestro Di Sanzo, 2005. "Unemployment And Hysteresis: A Nonlinear Unobserved Components Approach," Working Papers. Serie AD 2005-34, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Domian, Dale L. & Louton, David A., 1995. "Business cycle asymmetry and the stock market," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 451-466.
- Marian Vavra, 2012. "A Note on the Finite Sample Properties of the CLS Method of TAR Models," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1206, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- McKay, Alisdair & Reis, Ricardo, 2008.
"The brevity and violence of contractions and expansions,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 738-751, May.
- McKay, Alisdair & Reis, Ricardo, 2006. "The Brevity and Violence of Contractions and Expansions," CEPR Discussion Papers 5756, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alisdair McKay & Ricardo Reis, 2006. "The Brevity and Violence of Contractions and Expansions," NBER Working Papers 12400, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Herrerias, M.J. & Ordóñez, J., 2014. "If the United States sneezes, does the world need “pain-killers”?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 159-170.
- W A Razzak, 1998. "Business cycle asymmetries and the nominal exchange rate regimes," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series G98/4, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- David E. Giles & Chad N. Stroomer, 2004. "Identifying the Cycle of a Macroeconomic Time-Series Using Fuzzy Filtering," Econometrics Working Papers 0406, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Domian, Dale L. & Louton, David A., 1997. "A threshold autoregressive analysis of stock returns and real economic activity," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 167-179.
- Magud, Nicolas E., 2008.
"On asymmetric business cycles and the effectiveness of counter-cyclical fiscal policies,"
Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 885-905, September.
- Nicolas Magud, 2002. "On Asymmetric Business Cycles and the Effectiveness of Counter-Cyclical Fiscal Policies," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2005-20, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 01 May 2005.
- Galbraith, John W. & van Norden, Simon, 2019. "Asymmetry in unemployment rate forecast errors," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 1613-1626.
- Mills, Terence C., 1995. "Business cycle asymmetries and non-linearities in U.K. macroeconomic time series," Ricerche Economiche, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 97-124, June.
- Stevens, Philip Andrew, 2007.
"Skill shortages and firms' employment behaviour,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 231-249, April.
- Philip Stevens, 2004. "Skill Shortages and Firms' Employment Behaviour," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 240, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Maria Simona Andreano & Giovanni Savio, 2002. "Further evidence on business cycle asymmetries in G7 countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(7), pages 895-904.
- Kapetanios, G., 1999. "Threshold Models for Trended Time Series," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9905, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Rothman Philip A, 2008. "Reconsideration of the Markov Chain Evidence on Unemployment Rate Asymmetry," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(3), pages 1-18, September.
- Jeremy Schwartz, 2012. "Labor market dynamics over the business cycle: evidence from Markov switching models," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 271-289, August.
- Corinne Perraudin, 1995. "La dynamique asymétrique de l'emploi au cours du cycle," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 120(4), pages 121-139.
- Luke Hartigan, 2016. "Testing for Symmetry in Weakly Dependent Time Series," Discussion Papers 2016-18, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Domenico Ferraro, 2018.
"The Asymmetric Cyclical Behavior of the U.S. Labor Market,"
Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 30, pages 145-162, October.
- Domenico Ferraro, 2014. "The Asymmetric Cyclical Behavior of the U.S. Labor Market," 2014 Meeting Papers 1104, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Domenico Ferraro, 2018. "Online Appendix to "The Asymmetric Cyclical Behavior of the U.S. Labor Market"," Online Appendices 16-161, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Domenico Ferraro, 2018. "Code and data files for "The Asymmetric Cyclical Behavior of the U.S. Labor Market"," Computer Codes 16-161, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Wang, Jin-ming & Gao, Tie-mei & McNown, Robert, 2009. "Measuring Chinese business cycles with dynamic factor models," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 89-97, March.
- Banu TanrÄ±Ã¶ver & Rahmi Yamak, 2015. "Business Cycle Asymmetry: Deepness and Steepness in Turkey," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 18(58), pages 81-96, December.
- Pfann, Gerard A., 1996. "Factor demand models with nonlinear short-run fluctuations," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-3), pages 315-331.
- D Harvie & M A Kelmanson & D G Knapp, 2007. "A Dynamical Model of Business-Cycle Asymmetries:Extending Goodwin," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 12(1), pages 53-92, March.
- Matthew D. Shapiro, 1989. "Assessing the Federal Reserve's Measures of Capacity and Utilization," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 20(1), pages 181-242.