The Relationship Between Wages and Productivity: TAR Unit Root and TAR Cointegration Approach
We analyzed the relationship between wages and productivity in 1990 - 2007 period in Turkey. At the first stage we followed the traditional unit root tests and apply the analysis followed by unit root test procedure proposed by Caner and Hansen (2001). Then we discussed the long run nonlinear relationship between wages and productivity by employing the TAR cointegration analysis developed by Hansen and Seo (2002).
Volume (Year): 5 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.usc.es/economet/info.htm Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James M. Hutchinson & Andrew W. Lo & Tomaso Poggio, 1994.
"A Nonparametric Approach to Pricing and Hedging Derivative Securities Via Learning Networks,"
NBER Working Papers
4718, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hutchinson, James M & Lo, Andrew W & Poggio, Tomaso, 1994. " A Nonparametric Approach to Pricing and Hedging Derivative Securities via Learning Networks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(3), pages 851-89, July.
- Allan D. Brunner, 1997.
"On The Dynamic Properties Of Asymmetric Models Of Real GNP,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 79(2), pages 321-352, May.
- Allan D. Brunner, 1994. "On the dynamic properties of asymmetric models of real GNP," International Finance Discussion Papers 489, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Swanson, Norman R & White, Halbert, 1995. "A Model-Selection Approach to Assessing the Information in the Term Structure Using Linear Models and Artificial Neural Networks," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(3), pages 265-75, July.
- Vishwakarma, Keshav P, 1994. "Recognizing Business Cycle Turning Points by Means of a Neural Network," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 7(3), pages 175-85.
- Norman R. Swanson & Halbert White, 1995.
"A Model Selection Approach to Real-Time Macroeconomic Forecasting Using Linear Models and Artificial Neural Networks,"
- Norman R. Swanson & Halbert White, 1997. "A Model Selection Approach To Real-Time Macroeconomic Forecasting Using Linear Models And Artificial Neural Networks," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 540-550, November.
- Swanson, N.R. & White, H., 1995. "A Models Selection Approach to Real-Time Macroeconomic Forecasting Using Linear Models and Artificial Neural Networks," Papers 04-95-12, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Lee, Tae-Hwy & White, Halbert & Granger, Clive W. J., 1993.
"Testing for neglected nonlinearity in time series models : A comparison of neural network methods and alternative tests,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 269-290, April.
- Tom Doan, . "REGRESET: RATS procedure to perform Ramsey RESET test on regression," Statistical Software Components RTS00181, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, . "REGWHITENNTEST: RATS procedure to perform White neural network test on regression," Statistical Software Components RTS00183, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Khurshid M. Kiani & Prasad V. Bidarkota, 2004. "On Business Cycle Asymmetries in G7 Countries," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 66(3), pages 333-351, 07.
- Sichel, Daniel E, 1989. "Are Business Cycles Asymmetric? A Correction," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(5), pages 1255-60, October.
- Garcia, Rene & Gencay, Ramazan, 2000.
"Pricing and hedging derivative securities with neural networks and a homogeneity hint,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(1-2), pages 93-115.
- René Garcia & Ramazan Gençay, 1998. "Pricing and Hedging Derivative Securities with Neural Networks and a Homogeneity Hint," CIRANO Working Papers 98s-35, CIRANO.
- Swanson, Norman R. & White, Halbert, 1997. "Forecasting economic time series using flexible versus fixed specification and linear versus nonlinear econometric models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 439-461, December.
- Anderson, Heather M. & Vahid, Farshid, 1998. "Testing multiple equation systems for common nonlinear components," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 1-36, May.
- Beaudry, Paul & Koop, Gary, 1993. "Do recessions permanently change output?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 149-163, April.
- Khurshid M. Kiani & Prasad V. Bidarkota & Terry L. Kastens, 2005. "Forecast performance of neural networks and business cycle asymmetries," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 1(4), pages 205-210, July.
- Neftci, Salih N, 1984. "Are Economic Time Series Asymmetric over the Business Cycle?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(2), pages 307-28, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eaa:ijaeqs:v:5:y2008:i:1_7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.