Citations for "Unemployment Risk and Precautionary Wealth: Evidence from Households' Balance Sheets"
by Christopher D. Carroll & Karen E. Dynan & Spencer D. Krane
- Johannes Geyer, 2011.
"The Effect of Health and Employment Risks on Precautionary Savings,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1167, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Johannes Geyer, 2011. "The Effect of Health and Employment Risks on Precautionary Savings," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 408, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Xin Meng, 2007.
"Wealth Accumulation and Distribution in Urban China,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 761-791.
- Meng, Xin, 2007. "Wealth Accumulation and Distribution in Urban China," IZA Discussion Papers 2553, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sule Alan, 2004. "Precautionary Wealth and Portfolio Allocation: Evidence from Canadian Microdata," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 117, McMaster University.
- Saito, Makoto & Shiratsuka, Shigenori, 2003. "Precautionary Motives versus Waiting Options: Evidence from Aggregate Household Saving in Japan," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 21(3), pages 1-20, October.
- Clovis Kerdrain & Isabell Koske & Isabelle Wanner, 2011. "Current Account Imbalances: can Structural Reforms Help to Reduce Them?," OECD Journal: Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2011(1), pages 1-44.
- T. Parker Ballinger & Michael G. Palumbo & Nathaniel T. Wilcox, 2003. "Precautionary saving and social learning across generations: an experiment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(490), pages 920-947, October.
- Albert Marcet & Francesc Obiols-Homs & Philippe Weil, 2002.
"Incomplete markets, labor supply and capital accumulation,"
Economics Working Papers
659, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Oct 2003.
- Marcet, Albert & Obiols-Homs, Francesc & Weil, Philippe, 2007. "Incomplete markets, labor supply and capital accumulation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(8), pages 2621-2635, November.
- Albert Marcet & Francesc Obiols-Homs & Philippe Weil, 2007. "Incomplete Markets, Labor Supply and Capital Accumulation," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/8623, Sciences Po.
- Albert Marcet & Francesc Obiols-Homs & Philippe Weil, 2003. "Incomplete Markets, Labor Supply and Capital Accumulation," Sciences Po publications 659, Sciences Po.
- Albert Marcet & Francesc Obiols-Homs & Philippe Weil, 2003. "Incomplete Markets, Labor Supply and Capital Accumulation," Working Papers 173, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Jin, Ling & Chen, Kevin Z. & Yu, Bingxin & Huang, Zuhui, 2011. "How prudent are rural households in developing transition economies:," IFPRI discussion papers 1127, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Arthur Kennickell & Annamaria Lusardi, 2004. "Disentangling the Importance of the Precautionary Saving Mode," NBER Working Papers 10888, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alessandra Guariglia & Sheri Markose, 2000. "Voluntary Contributions to Personal Pension Plans: Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 21(4), pages 469-488, December.
- Fulford, Scott L., 2013. "The effects of financial development in the short and long run: Theory and evidence from India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 56-72.
- Luc Arrondel & Hector Calvo Pardo, 2008. "Les Français sont-ils prudents ? Patrimoine et risque sur les revenus des ménages," PSE Working Papers halshs-00585994, HAL.
- Andrew Benito, 2004.
"Does job insecurity affect household consumption?,"
Bank of England working papers
220, Bank of England.
- Kolsrud, Jonas, 2013. "Precaution and Risk Aversion: Decomposing the Effect of Unemployment Benefits on Saving," Working Paper Series 2013:14, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Scott Fulford, 2012. "The precaution of the rich and poor," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 814, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Yu Zhu & Randall Wright & Chao He, 2012.
"Housing and Liquidity,"
2012 Meeting Papers
94, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Marcus Klemm, 2012. "Job Security Perceptions and the Saving Behavior of German Households," Ruhr Economic Papers 0380, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Andreas Lehnert, 2004. "Housing, consumption, and credit constraints," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-63, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Andrew Benito & Haroon Mumtaz, 2006. "Consumption excess sensitivity, liquidity constraints and the collateral role of housing," Bank of England working papers 306, Bank of England.
- Alessandra Guariglia & Mariacristina Rossi, 2003.
"Private Medical Insurance and Saving: Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey,"
CEIS Research Paper
39, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Guariglia, Alessandra & Rossi, Mariacristina, 2004. "Private medical insurance and saving: evidence from the British Household Panel Survey," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 761-783, July.
- Andrea Brandolini & Silvia Magri & Timothy M. Smeeding, 2010. "Asset-based measurement of poverty," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(2), pages 267-284.
- Aylit Tina Romm, 2012. "Retirement Date Effects on Pre-Retirement Wealth Accumulation: An Analysis of US Households," Working Papers 266, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Zheng Liu & Feng Huang & Dongming Zhu & Hui He, 2014.
"Breaking the "Iron Rice Bowl" and Precautionary Savings: Evidence from Chinese State-Owned Enterprises Reform,"
2014 Meeting Papers
764, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- He, Hui & Huang, Feng & Liu, Zheng & Zhu, Dongming, 2014. "Breaking the “Iron Rice Bowl” and precautionary swings: evidence from Chinese state-owned enterprises reform," Working Paper Series 2014-4, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Jacob S. Hacker & Gregory Huber & Austin Nichols & Philipp Rehm & Mark Schlesinger & Robert G. Valletta & Stuart Craig, 2012.
"The Economic Security Index: a new measure for research and policy analysis,"
Working Paper Series
2012-21, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Hacker, Jacob S. & Huber, Gregory Alain & Nichols, Austin & Rehm, Philipp & Schlesinger, Mark & Valletta, Robert G. & Craig, Stuart, 2012. "The Economic Security Index: A New Measure for Research and Policy Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 6946, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Riccardo Corradini, 2005.
"An Empirical Analysis of Permanent Income Hypothesis Applied to Italy using State Space Models with non zero correlation between trend and cycle,"
- Riccardo Corradini, 2005. "An Empirical Analysis of Permanent Income Hypothesis Applied to Italy using State Space Models with non zero correlation between trend and cycle," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 28, Society for Computational Economics.
- Stefan Arent, 2012. "Expectations and Saving Behavior: An Empirical Analysis," Ifo Working Paper Series Ifo Working Paper No. 128, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00585994 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ulrike Malmendier & Stefan Nagel, 2009.
"Depression Babies: Do Macroeconomic Experiences Affect Risk-Taking?,"
NBER Working Papers
14813, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ulrike Malmendier & Stefan Nagel, 2011. "Depression Babies: Do Macroeconomic Experiences Affect Risk Taking?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 126(1), pages 373-416.
- Salotti, Simone, 2010.
"Wealth effect in the US: evidence from the combination of two surveys,"
27352, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simone Salotti, 2012. "Wealth Effects in the US: Evidence from the Combination of Two Surveys," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 43(1), pages 67–98.
- Hurst, Erik & Kennickell, Arthur & Lusardi, Annamaria & Torralba, Francisco, 2006.
"Precautionary savings and the importance of business owners,"
CFS Working Paper Series
2006/16, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Erik Hurst & Arthur Kennickell & Annamaria Lusardi & Francisco Torralba, 2005. "Precautionary Savings and the Importance of Business Owners," NBER Working Papers 11731, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alexandra Killewald, 2013. "Return to Being Black, Living in the Red: A Race Gap in Wealth That Goes Beyond Social Origins," Demography, Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 1177-1195, August.
- Karen Dynan, 2012. "Is a Household Debt Overhang Holding Back Consumption," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 44(1 (Spring), pages 299-362.
- Denise Doiron & Rochelle Guttmann, 2009. "Wealth Distributions of Migrant and Australian-born Households," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 85(268), pages 32-45, 03.
- Marcus Klemm, 2012. "Job Security and Fertility: Evidence from German Reunification," Ruhr Economic Papers 0379, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Reichling, Felix, 2006. "Optimal Unemployment Insurance in Labor Market Equilibrium when Workers can Self-Insure," MPRA Paper 5362, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 16 Oct 2007.
- Burcu Duygan, 2005. "Aggregate Shocks, Idiosyncratic Risk, and Durable Goods Purchases: Evidence from Turkeys 1994 Financial Crisis," 2005 Meeting Papers 594, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Dickerson, Andy & Green, Francis, 2012.
"Fears and realisations of employment insecurity,"
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 198-210.
- Matthew T. Johnson, 2010. "Borrowing Constraints, College Enrollment, and Delayed Entry," Working Papers 2011-006, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group, revised Sep 2012.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/5l6uh8ogmqildh09h6m8hj429 is not listed on IDEAS
- Evren Ceritoğlu, 2013. "The impact of labour income risk on household saving decisions in Turkey," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 109-129, March.
- Emmons, William R. & Noeth, Bryan J., 2013. "Economic vulnerability and financial fragility," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 361-388.
- Clemente De Lucia & Mara Meacci, 2005. "Does job security matter for consumption? An analysis on Italian microdata," ISAE Working Papers 54, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Abdul Jalil, Ahmad Zafarullah, 2009. "The importance of precautionary saving motive among Indonesian households," MPRA Paper 25189, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Laibson, David I., 1997.
"Golden Eggs and Hyperbolic Discounting,"
4481499, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Andrew Benito, 2007. "Housing equity as a buffer: evidence from UK households," Bank of England working papers 324, Bank of England.
- Christoph Basten & Andreas Fagereng & Kjetil Telle, 2012.
"Saving and Portfolio Allocation Before and After Job Loss,"
KOF Working papers
12-298, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Christoph Basten & Andreas Fagereng & Kjetil Telle, 2012. "Saving and portfolio allocation before and after job loss," Discussion Papers 672, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- El-Osta, Hisham S., 2011. "The Impact of Human Capital on Farm Operator Household Income," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 40(1), April.
- Maury Gittleman, 2011. "Medicaid and Wealth: An Examination Using the NLSY79," Working Papers 448, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Temel Taskin, 2010.
"Unemployment Insurance and Home Production,"
2010 Meeting Papers
93, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Kennickell, Arthur & Lusardi, Annamaria, 2005. "Disentangling the importance of the precautionary saving motive," CFS Working Paper Series 2006/15, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Essig, Lothar, 2004. "Precautionary saving and old-age provisions: Do subjective saving motives measures work?," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 05-22, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Legendre, Bérangère & El Mekkaoui de Freitas, Najat, 2012. "Life cycle accumulation and aging risks," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/11142, Paris Dauphine University.
- Jansson, Thomas, 2013. "Housing Choices and Labor Income Risk," Working Paper Series 272, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Scott Fulford, 2014. "The surprisingly low importance of income uncertainty for precaution," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 862, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Stefan Arent, 2012. "Erwartungen und Sparen: wie wirken Arbeitslosigkeits- und Gesundheitserwartungen auf die Sparentscheidung von Haushalten?," ifo Dresden berichtet, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 19(02), pages 13-18, 04.
- Gene Amromin, 2005. "Precautionary savings motives and tax efficiency of household portfolios: an empirical analysis," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-01, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & SCHLESINGER, Harris, .
"Changes in risk and the demand for saving,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-2100, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Love, David, 2006. "Buffer stock saving in retirement accounts," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(7), pages 1473-1492, October.
- Moriizumi, Yoko & Naoi, Michio, 2011.
"Unemployment risk and the timing of homeownership in Japan,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 227-235, May.
- Yoko Moriizumi & Michio Naoi, 2008. "Unemployment Risk and the Timing of Homeownership in Japan," Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Discussion Paper Series 2008-026, Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Program.
- Bessho, Shun-ichiro & Tobita, Eiko, 2008. "Unemployment risk and buffer-stock saving: An empirical investigation in Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 303-325, August.
- Cristina Barceló & Ernesto Villanueva, 2010. "The response of household wealth to the risk of losing the job: evidence from differences in firing costs," Banco de Espa�a Working Papers 1002, Banco de Espa�a.
- Carolina Fugazza, 2012. "Employment Risk over the Life Cycle," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 280, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Claudio Soto, 2004. "Unemployment and Consumption in Chile," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 258, Central Bank of Chile.
- Wako Watanabe, 2005. "Income Uncertainty and Self-Reported Precautionary Wealth: Evidence from the Japanese Micro Data," ISER Discussion Paper 0636, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Bent E. Sorensen & Maria J. Luengo-Prado, 2004. "The Buffer Stock Model and the Aggregate Propensity to Consume," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 457, Econometric Society.
- Céline Antonin, 2009. "Age, revenu et comportements d'épargne des ménages : une analyse théorique et empirique sur la période 1978-2006," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/5l6uh8ogmqi, Sciences Po.
- Lothar Essig, 2005. "Precautionary saving and old-age provisions: Do subjective saving motive measures work?," MEA discussion paper series 05084, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.