Citations for "Do Security Analysts Overreact?"
by De Bondt, Werner F M & Thaler, Richard H
- Ming-Chi Chen & Chin-Yu Wang & So-De Shyu, 2012. "Liquidity and the Future Stock Returns of the REIT Industry," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 588-603, October.
- Abarbanell, Jeffery & Lehavy, Reuven, 2003. "Biased forecasts or biased earnings? The role of reported earnings in explaining apparent bias and over/underreaction in analysts' earnings forecasts," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-3), pages 105-146, December.
- Berg, Nathan, 2003. "Normative behavioral economics," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 411-427, September.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Yueran Ma & Andrei Shleifer, 2015.
"Expectations and Investment,"
NBER Working Papers
21260, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Yueran Ma & Andrei Shleifer, 2016. "Expectations and Investment," NBER Macroeconomics Annual, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 379-431.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Yueran Ma & Andrei Shleifer, 2015. "Expectations and Investment," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2015, Volume 30, pages 379-431 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Haris Bin Jamil & Aisha Ghazi Aurakzai & Muhammad Subayyal, 2014. "Can Analysts Really Forecast? Evidence from the Karachi Stock Exchange," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 19(1), pages 91-109, Jan-June.
- Robert A. Lowe & Arvids A. Ziedonis, 2006. "Overoptimism and the Performance of Entrepreneurial Firms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(2), pages 173-186, February.
- Russell Sobel & S. Travis Raines, 2003. "An examination of the empirical derivatives of the favourite-longshot bias in racetrack betting," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 371-385.
- Martin Wallmeier, 2005. "Analysts’ Earnings Forecasts for DAX100 Firms During the Stock Market Boom of the 1990s," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 19(2), pages 131-151, August.
- Yang, Chunpeng & Zhou, Liyun, 2015. "Sentiment approach to underestimation and overestimation pricing model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 280-288.
- Gavious, Ilanit & Parmet, Yisrael, 2010. "Do private firm valuations contain incremental information content over routine analyst valuations?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 223-234, June.
- Krzysztof Zieliński, 2012. "Błędy popełniane w procesie podejmowania decyzji w świetle behawioralnej ekonomii finansowej," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 31, pages -.
- Paul Gompers & Anna Kovner & Josh Lerner & David Scharfstein, 2005.
"Venture Capital Investment Cycles: The Impact of Public Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
11385, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gompers, Paul & Kovner, Anna & Lerner, Josh & Scharfstein, David, 2008. "Venture capital investment cycles: The impact of public markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Achim Himmelmann & Dirk Schiereck & Marc Simpson & Moritz Zschoche, 2012. "Long-term reactions to large stock price declines and increases in the European stock market: a note on market efficiency," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 36(2), pages 400-423, April.
- Lin, Shengle & Rassenti, Stephen, 2012. "Are under- and over-reaction the same matter? Experimental evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 39-61.
- Steinar Holden & Dag Kolsrud & Birger Vikøren, 1995.
"Noisy signals in target zone regimes Theory and Monte Carlo experiments,"
160, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Holden, Steinar & Kolsrud, Dag, 1999. "Noisy signals in target zone regimes:: Theory and Monte Carlo experiments," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(8), pages 1531-1567, August.
- Jáki, Erika, 2013.
"A válság mint negatív információ és bizonytalansági tényező. A válság hatása az egy részvényre jutó nyereség-előrejelzésekre
[The financial crisis as negative information and a factor of uncertaint," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(12), pages 1357-1369.
- Lucy F. Ackert & Bryan K. Church & Ping Zhang, 1999. "The effect of forecast bias on market behavior: evidence from experimental asset markets," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 99-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Daphne Yan Du & Qianqiu Liu & S. Ghon Rhee, 2009. "An Analysis of the Magnet Effect under Price Limits-super-," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 9(1-2), pages 83-110.
- Paul Hribar & John McInnis, 2012. "Investor Sentiment and Analysts' Earnings Forecast Errors," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(2), pages 293-307, February.
- Gilles Hilary & Lior Menzly, 2006.
"Does Past Success Lead Analysts to Become Overconfident?,"
INFORMS, vol. 52(4), pages 489-500, April.
- Gilles Hilary & Lior Menzly, 2006. "Does past success lead analysts to become overconfident?," Post-Print hal-00482318, HAL.
- Spronk, Richard & Verschoor, Willem F.C. & Zwinkels, Remco C.J., 2013. "Carry trade and foreign exchange rate puzzles," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 17-31.
- Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Mohsni, Sana, 2015. "Earnings forecasts and idiosyncratic volatilities," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 107-123.
- Francesca Pancotto & Filippo Maria Pericoli & Marco Pistagnesi, 2013.
"Inefficiency in Survey Exchange Rates Forecasts,"
Center for Economic Research (RECent)
090, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Iuliia Brushko, 2013. "Financial Signaling and Earnings Forecasts," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp498, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Daske, Stefan, 2002. "Winner-Loser-Effekte am deutschen Aktienmarkt," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2002,87, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Basu, Sudipta & Markov, Stanimir, 2004. "Loss function assumptions in rational expectations tests on financial analysts' earnings forecasts," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 171-203, December.
- Jungshik Hur & Vivek Singh, 2016. "Reexamining momentum profits: Underreaction or overreaction to firm-specific information?," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 261-289, February.
- Anindita Chakravarty & Rajdeep Grewal, 2011. "The Stock Market in the Driver's Seat! Implications for R&D and Marketing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(9), pages 1594-1609, March.
- Zion, Uri Ben & Erev, Ido & Haruvy, Ernan & Shavit, Tal, 2010. "Adaptive behavior leads to under-diversification," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 985-995, December.
- van der Sar, Nico L., 2004. "Behavioral finance: How matters stand," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 425-444, June.
- Yu, Jialin, 2011. "Disagreement and return predictability of stock portfolios," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 162-183, January.
- Libby, Robert & Bloomfield, Robert & Nelson, Mark W., 2002. "Experimental research in financial accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 775-810, November.
- Matthew Rabin, 2001.
"Inference by Believers in the Law of Small Numbers,"
Method and Hist of Econ Thought
- Rabin, Matthew, 2000. "Inference by Believers in the Law of Small Numbers," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt4sw8n41t, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Matthew Rabin., 2000. "Inference by Believers in the Law of Small Numbers," Economics Working Papers E00-282, University of California at Berkeley.
- Martin Gold, 2010. "Fiduciary Finance," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13813.
- Sirnes, Espen, 1997. "Theories and Tests for Bubbles," MPRA Paper 53464, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 1997.
- Douglas Stevens & Arlington Williams, 2004. "Inefficiency in Earnings Forecasts: Experimental Evidence of Reactions to Positive vs. Negative Information," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 7(1), pages 75-92, February.
- Saade, Samer, 2015. "Investor sentiment and the underperformance of technology firms initial public offerings," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 205-232.
- Eric Bayle & Marc Schwartz, 2005. "A quoi servent les analystes financiers ?," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 81(4), pages 211-235.
- Alexander Hölzl & Sebastian Lobe, 2016. "Predicting above-median and below-median growth rates," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 105-133, January.
- Doukas, John A. & Kim, Chansog & Pantzalis, Christos, 2006. "Divergence of opinion and equity returns under different states of earnings expectations," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 310-331, August.
- Kothari, S. P., 2001. "Capital markets research in accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 105-231, September.
- Raj Aggarwal & Brian M. Lucey & Fergal A. O'Connor, 2014. "Rationality in Precious Metals Forward Markets: Evidence of Behavioural Deviations in the Gold Markets," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp462, IIIS.
- Baytas, Ahmet & Cakici, Nusret, 1999. "Do markets overreact: International evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 1121-1144, July.
- Edward J. Green & Jose A. Lopez & Zhenyu Wang, 2001. "The Federal Reserve banks' imputed cost of equity capital," Working Paper Series 2001-01, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Ashiya, Masahiro, 2003. "Testing the rationality of Japanese GDP forecasts: the sign of forecast revision matters," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 263-269, February.
- Zitzewitz, Eric, 2001. "Measuring Herding and Exaggeration by Equity Analysts and Other Opinion Sellers," Research Papers 1802, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Chen, Shaw K. & Lin, Bing-Xuan & Wang, Yaping & Wu, Liansheng, 2010. "The frequency and magnitude of earnings management: Time-series and multi-threshold comparisons," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 671-685, October.
- Langer, Thomas & Waller, Peter, 1997. "Implementing behavioral concepts into banking theory : the impact of loss acersion on collateralization," Papers 97-33, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Yaw Mensah & Robert Werner, 2008. "The capital market implications of the frequency of interim financial reporting: an international analysis," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 71-104, July.
- Kaizoji, Taisei & Leiss, Matthias & Saichev, Alexander & Sornette, Didier, 2015. "Super-exponential endogenous bubbles in an equilibrium model of fundamentalist and chartist traders," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 289-310.
- Chahine, Salim, 2004. "Long-run abnormal return after IPOs and optimistic analysts' forecasts," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 83-103.
- Elnathan, Dan & Gavious, Ilanit & Hauser, Shmuel, 2010. "An analysis of private versus public firm valuations and the contribution of financial experts," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 387-412, December.
- Amir, Eli & Ganzach, Yoav, 1998. "Overreaction and underreaction in analysts' forecasts," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 333-347, November.
- Friesen, Geoffrey & Weller, Paul A., 2006. "Quantifying cognitive biases in analyst earnings forecasts," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 333-365, November.
- Ha, Daesung & Chang, S. J., 1998. "The distribution of transaction intervals in common stock trading," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 103-115.
- Stefano Bonini & Diana Boraschi, 2010. "Corporate Scandals and Capital Structure," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 95(2), pages 241-269, September.
- Linnainmaa, Juhani T. & Torous, Walter & Yae, James, 2016. "Reading the tea leaves: Model uncertainty, robust forecasts, and the autocorrelation of analysts’ forecast errors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 42-64.
- Bosquet, K. & de Goeij, P. C. & Smedts, K., 2009. "Coexistence and Dynamics of Overconfidence and Strategic Incentives," Discussion Paper 2009-81, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Chung, Richard & Kryzanowski, Lawrence, 2000. "Market timing using strategists' and analysts' forecasts of S&P 500 earnings per share," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 125-144, 00.
- Conroy, Robert M. & Harris, Robert S., 1995. "Analysts' earnings forecasts in Japan: Accuracy and sell-side optimism," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 393-408, December.
- Patton, Andrew J & Timmermann, Allan G, 2003.
"Properties of Optimal Forecasts,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4037, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Allan Timmermann & Andrew J. Patton, 2004. "Properties of Optimal Forecasts," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 234, Econometric Society.
- Shaliastovich, Ivan, 2015. "Learning, confidence, and option prices," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 187(1), pages 18-42.
- Kallberg, Jarl & Liu, Crocker H. & Pasquariello, Paolo, 2008. "Updating expectations: An analysis of post-9/11 returns," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 400-432, November.
- Beshears, John & Milkman, Katherine L., 2011. "Do sell-side stock analysts exhibit escalation of commitment?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 304-317, March.
- Coen, Alain & Desfleurs, Aurelie, 2004. "The evolution of financial analysts' forecasts on Asian emerging markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(4-5), pages 335-352.
- El-Galfy, Ahmed M. & Forbes, William P., 2004. "Are forecasts of corporate profits rational? A note and further evidence," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 617-626, September.
- Leppin, Julian Sebastian, 2014. "The relation between overreaction in forecasts and uncertainty: A nonlinear approachvon," HWWI Research Papers 158, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Werner F. M. De Bondt & Richard H. Thaler, 1994. "Financial Decision-Making in Markets and Firms: A Behavioral Perspective," NBER Working Papers 4777, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zhaoyang Gu & Jian Xue, 2007. "Do analysts overreact to extreme good news in earnings?," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 415-431, November.
- Sarra Elleuch, 2001. "Le Comportement Des Investisseurs Et Des Analystes Financiers Lors De L'Annonce Des Informations Comptables Etude De Quatre Evenements Publies Sur Le Marche Financier Français," Post-Print halshs-00584628, HAL.
- Sunil Mohanty & Edward Aw, 2006. "Rationality of analysts' earnings forecasts: evidence from dow 30 companies," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(12), pages 915-929.
- Ciccone, Stephen J., 2005. "Trends in analyst earnings forecast properties," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-22.
- Enke, Margit & Reimann, Martin, 2003. "Kulturell bedingtes Investorenverhalten: Ausgewählte Probleme des Kommunikations- und Informationsprozesses der Investor relations," Freiberg Working Papers 2003,08, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Paul-Valentin Ngobo & Jean-François Casta & Olivier Ramond, 2012. "Is customer satisfaction a relevant metric for financial analysts?," Post-Print halshs-00680003, HAL.
- David Goldbaum, 2000. "Profitability And Market Stability: Fundamentals And Technical Trading Rules," Computing in Economics and Finance 2000 85, Society for Computational Economics.
- Alain Schatt & Thierry Roy, 2002. "Analyse Empirique Des Ecarts De Previsions De Benefices Dans Les Prospectus D'Introduction : Le Cas Francais," Post-Print halshs-00584529, HAL.
- Dimitris Kenourgios & Nikolaos Pavlidis, 2005. "Individual Analysts’ Earnings Forecasts: Evidence for Overreaction in the UK Stock Market," Finance 0512011, EconWPA.
- Lucy F. Ackert & George Athanassakos, 2000. "A simultaneous equations analysis of analysts’ forecast bias and institutional ownership," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2000-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Leppin, Julian Sebstian, 2014. "The Relation Between Overreaction in Forecasts and Uncertainty: A Nonlinear Approach," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100284, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Gandré, Pauline, 2015. "Asset prices and information disclosure under recency-biased learning," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1515, CEPREMAP.
- Cornell, Bradford, 2000. "Valuing Intel: A Strange Tale of Analysts and Announcements," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt4dm1h6qh, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Espahbodi, Reza & Dugar, Amitabh & Tehranian, Hassan, 2001. "Further evidence on optimism and underreaction in analysts' forecasts," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 1-21.
- Shengle Lin & Stephen Rassenti, 2010. "Are Under- and Over-reaction the Same Matter? A Price Inertia based Account," Working Papers 10-05, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Mamatzakis, E. & Koutsomanoli-Filippaki, A., 2014. "Testing the rationality of DOE's energy price forecasts under asymmetric loss preferences," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 567-575.
- Bhabra, Harjeet S. & Hossain, Ashrafee T., 2015. "Market conditions, governance and the information content of insider trades," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 1-11.
- Benzion, Uri & Krupalnik, Lena & Rosenfeld, Ahron & Shahrabani, Shosh & Shavit, Tal, 2012. "The effect of short-term information on long-term investment: An experimental study," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 20-22.
- Andrade, Sandro C. & Bian, Jiangze & Burch, Timothy R., 2013. "Analyst Coverage, Information, and Bubbles," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 48(05), pages 1573-1605, October.
- Daniel, Kent & Hirshleifer, David & Teoh, Siew Hong, 2002. "Investor psychology in capital markets: evidence and policy implications," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 139-209, January.
- Aydoğan Alti & Paul C. Tetlock, 2014. "Biased Beliefs, Asset Prices, and Investment: A Structural Approach," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 69(1), pages 325-361, 02.
- Forbes, William & Hudson, Robert & Skerratt, Len & Soufian, Mona, 2015. "Which heuristics can aid financial-decision-making?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 199-210.
- Bartov, Eli & Givoly, Dan & Hayn, Carla, 2002. "The rewards to meeting or beating earnings expectations," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 173-204, June.
- Roberto Meurer, 2016. "Portfolio Investment Flows, GDP, and Investment in Brazil," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 8(12), pages 1-9, December.
- KENT D. DANIEL & David Hirshleifer & AVANIDHAR SUBRAHMANYAM, 2004. "A Theory of Overconfidence, Self-Attribution, and Security Market Under- and Over-reactions," Finance 0412006, EconWPA.
- Andersson, Patric, 2004. "How well do financial experts perform? A review of empirical research on performance of analysts, day-traders, forecasters, fund managers, investors, and stockbrokers," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Business Administration 2004:9, Stockholm School of Economics.