Analysts' earnings forecasts in Japan: Accuracy and sell-side optimism
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Lawrence D., 1993. "Earnings forecasting research: its implications for capital markets research," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 295-320, November.
- O'brien, Patricia C., 1988. "Analysts' forecasts as earnings expectations," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 53-83, January.
- Robert Conroy & Robert Harris, 1987. "Consensus Forecasts of Corporate Earnings: Analysts' Forecasts and Time Series Methods," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(6), pages 725-738, June.
- Brown, Lawrence D., 1993. "Reply to commentaries on "Earnings forecasting research: its implications for capital markets research"," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 343-344, November.
- Edwin J. Elton & Martin J. Gruber & Mustafa Gultekin, 1981. "Expectations and Share Prices," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(9), pages 975-987, September.
- Kaplan, Steven N, 1994. "Top Executive Rewards and Firm Performance: A Comparison of Japan and the United States," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(3), pages 510-546, June.
- De Bondt, Werner F M & Thaler, Richard H, 1990. "Do Security Analysts Overreact?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 52-57, May.
- Brown, Philip, 1993. "Comments on 'Earnings forecasting research: its implications for capital markets research' by L. Brown," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 331-335, November.
- John M. Hassell & Robert H. Jennings & Dennis J. Lasser, 1988. "Management Earnings Forecasts: Their Usefulness As A Source Of Firm-Specific Information To Security Analysts," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 11(4), pages 303-319, December.
- Ito, Kunio, 1990. "The Relative and Incremental Information Content of Consolidated Earnings Data," Hitotsubashi Journal of commerce and management, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 25(1), pages 47-74, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tu, Chia-Jung & Chang, Yuanchen, 2012. "Analyst responses to stock-index adjustments: Evidence from MSCI Taiwan Index additions," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 82-89.
- Ang, James S. & Ma, Yulong, 1999. "Transparency in Chinese stocks: A study of earnings forecasts by professional analysts," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 129-155, May.
- Simon Hussain, 2007. "Prophets of future corporate profits: a role for leading indicators in the information sets of security analysts?," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 187-190.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:5:y:1999:i:1:p:56-64 is not listed on IDEAS
- Coen, Alain & Desfleurs, Aurelie & L'Her, Jean-Francois & Suret, Jean-Marc, 2005. "Another look at factors explaining quality of financial analysts' forecasts: Evidence from the Asian emerging markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 414-434, October.
- Michael Firth & Michael Gift, 1999. "An international comparison of analysis' earnings forecast accuracy," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 5(1), pages 56-64, February.
- Conroy, Robert M. & Harris, Robert S. & Park, Young S., 1998. "Fundamental information and share prices in Japan: evidence from earnings surprises and management predictions," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 227-244, June.
- repec:eee:jocaae:v:6:y:2010:i:1:p:18-33 is not listed on IDEAS
- Karine Michalon & Sandrine Lardic & François Dossou, 2005. "Earnings forecast bias - a statistical analysis," Post-Print halshs-00142773, HAL.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pacfin:v:3:y:1995:i:4:p:393-408. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/pacfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.