Are aggregate corporate earnings forecasts unbiased and efficient?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Han, Bong H & Manry, David & Shaw, Wayne, 2001. "Improving the Precision of Analysts' Earnings Forecasts by Adjusting for Predictable Bias," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 81-98, July.
- Terence Lim, 2001. "Rationality and Analysts' Forecast Bias," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(1), pages 369-385, February.
- Carlo Altavilla & Paul De Grauwe, 2010.
"Forecasting and combining competing models of exchange rate determination,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(27), pages 3455-3480.
- Carlo Altavilla & Paul De Grauwe, 2006. "Forecasting and Combining Competing Models of Exchange rate Determination," Discussion Papers 5_2006, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Carlo Altavilla & Paul De Grauwe, 2006. "Forecasting and Combining Competing Models of Exchange Rate Determination," CESifo Working Paper Series 1747, CESifo Group Munich.
- Masako N. Darrough, 2002. "A Positive Model of Earnings Forecasts: Top Down versus Bottom Up," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(1), pages 127-152, January.
- Anilowski, Carol & Feng, Mei & Skinner, Douglas J., 2007. "Does earnings guidance affect market returns? The nature and information content of aggregate earnings guidance," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 36-63, September.
- Tilman Ehrbeck & Robert Waldmann, 1996. "Why Are Professional Forecasters Biased? Agency versus Behavioral Explanations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(1), pages 21-40.
- Kothari, S.P. & Lewellen, Jonathan & Warner, Jerold B., 2006. "Stock returns, aggregate earnings surprises, and behavioral finance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 537-568, March.
- Batchelor, Roy, 2007. "Bias in macroeconomic forecasts," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 189-203.
- Sadka, Gil & Sadka, Ronnie, 2009. "Predictability and the earnings-returns relation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 87-106, October.
- Ager, P. & Kappler, M. & Osterloh, S., 2009.
"The accuracy and efficiency of the Consensus Forecasts: A further application and extension of the pooled approach,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 167-181.
- Ager, Philipp & Kappler, Marcus & Osterloh, Steffen, 2007. "The Accuracy and Efficiency of the Consensus Forecasts: A Further Application and Extension of the Pooled Approach," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-058, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Isiklar, Gultekin, 2005.
"On aggregation bias in fixed-event forecast efficiency tests,"
Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 312-316, December.
- Gultekin Isiklar, 2004. "On aggregation bias in fixed-event forecast efficiency tests," Econometrics 0412011, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 28 Dec 2004.
- Abarbanell, Jeffery S., 1991. "Do analysts' earnings forecasts incorporate information in prior stock price changes?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 147-165, June.
- Cowen, Amanda & Groysberg, Boris & Healy, Paul, 2006. "Which types of analyst firms are more optimistic?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1-2), pages 119-146, April.
- Davies, Anthony & Lahiri, Kajal, 1995. "A new framework for analyzing survey forecasts using three-dimensional panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 205-227, July.
- Deschamps, Bruno & Ioannidis, Christos, 2013. "Can rational stubbornness explain forecast biases?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 141-151.
- Ray Ball & Gil Sadka & Ronnie Sadka, 2009. "Aggregate Earnings and Asset Prices," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(5), pages 1097-1133, December.
- Prof Roy Batchelor, 2007. "Forecaster Behaviour and Bias in Macroeconomic Forecasts," ifo Working Paper Series 39, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- repec:bla:joares:v:35:y:1997:i::p:167-199 is not listed on IDEAS
- April Knill & Kristina Minnick & Ali Nejadmalayeri, 2012. "Experience, information asymmetry, and rational forecast bias," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 241-272, August.
- Qi Chen & Wei Jiang, 2006. "Analysts' Weighting of Private and Public Information," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 19(1), pages 319-355.
- Lahiri, Kajal & Sheng, Xuguang, 2010.
"Learning and heterogeneity in GDP and inflation forecasts,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 265-292, April.
- Kajal Lahiri & Xuguang Sheng, 2009. "Learning and Heterogeneity in GDP and Inflation Forecasts," Discussion Papers 09-05, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Lahiri, Kajal & Sheng, Xuguang, 2009. "Learning and heterogeneity in GDP and inflation forecasts," MPRA Paper 21448, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Harrison Hong & Jeffrey D. Kubik, 2003. "Analyzing the Analysts: Career Concerns and Biased Earnings Forecasts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(1), pages 313-351, February.
- Kiridaran Kanagaretnam & Gerald Lobo & Robert Mathieu, 2012. "CEO stock options and analysts’ forecast accuracy and bias," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 299-322, April.
- William M. Cready & Umit G. Gurun, 2010. "Aggregate Market Reaction to Earnings Announcements," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(2), pages 289-334, May.
- John C. Easterwood & Stacey R. Nutt, 1999. "Inefficiency in Analysts' Earnings Forecasts: Systematic Misreaction or Systematic Optimism?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(5), pages 1777-1797, October.
More about this item
KeywordsForecast efficiency; Aggregate earnings; Overreaction; Forecast biases; E17; E37; G29;
- E17 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- E37 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- G29 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:rqfnac:v:45:y:2015:i:4:p:803-818. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Mallaigh Nolan). General contact details of provider: http://springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.