Citations for "The Asian miracle and modern growth theory"
by Nelson, Richard R. & Pack, Howard
- Djankov, Simeon & Hoekman, Bernard M, 2000.
"Foreign Investment and Productivity Growth in Czech Enterprises,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 49-64, January.
- Djankov, Simeon & Hoekman, Bernard, 1999. "Foreign investment and productivity growth in Czech enterprises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2115, The World Bank.
- Los, Bart & Timmer, Marcel P., 2005. "The 'appropriate technology' explanation of productivity growth differentials: An empirical approach," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 517-531, August.
- Fofack, Hippolyte, 2014. "The idea of economic development: Views from Africa," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Chia-Hung Sun, 2005. "Productivity growth in East Asian manufacturing: a fading miracle or measurement problem?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(1), pages 1-19.
- Antonio R. Andrés & Asongu Simplice & Voxi S. H. Amavilah, 2013.
"The Impact of Formal Institutions on Knowledge Economy,"
13/025, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Asongu, Simplice A. & Andrés, Antonio R. & Amavilah, Voxi S. H., 2013. "The Impact of Formal Institutions on Knowledge Economy," MPRA Paper 52206, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Antonio R. Andrés & Simplice A. Asongu & Voxi Amavilah, 2013. "The Impact of Formal Institutions on Knowledge Economy," Development Research Working Paper Series 05/2013, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Ockwell, David G. & Watson, Jim & MacKerron, Gordon & Pal, Prosanto & Yamin, Farhana, 2008. "Key policy considerations for facilitating low carbon technology transfer to developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4104-4115, November.
- Stephanie Seguino, 2000. "Accounting for Gender in Asian Economic Growth," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 27-58.
- Christian Lorenczik & Monique Newiak, 2010.
"Imitation and Innovation Driven Development under Imperfect Intellectual Property Rights,"
DEGIT Conference Papers
c015_056, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Lorenczik, Christian & Newiak, Monique, 2012. "Imitation and innovation driven development under imperfect intellectual property rights," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 56(7), pages 1361-1375.
- Iizuka, Michiko & Soete, Luc, 2011. "Catching up in the 21st century: Globalization, knowledge & capabilities in Latin America, a case for natural resource based activities," MERIT Working Papers 071, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Jojo Jacob & Adam Szirmai, 2006. "International Trade and Knowledge Spillovers: The Case of Indonesian Manufacturing," Working Papers 06-01, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies, revised Jan 2006.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Singh, Rup, 2008. "A Panel Data Approach to the Contribution of Trade to the Growth of Selected East Asian Countries," MPRA Paper 10663, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- S.M. Naeem, 1998. "Globalisation, Technology, and Asian Economic Growth," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 37(4), pages 635-659.
- Alberto GABRIELE, 2001. "Science And Technology Policies, Industrial Reform And Technical Progress In China. Can Socialist Property Rights Be Compatible With Technological Catching Up?," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 155, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Watu Wamae, 2006. "Why Technological Spillovers elude Developing Countries A Dynamic Non-linear Model," DRUID Working Papers 06-02, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- James Bessen, 2009. "More Machines, Better Machines...Or Better Workers?," Working Papers 0803, Research on Innovation.
- Chong-Kee Yip & Tsz-Nga Wong, 2014. "A Model of Technology Assimilation," 2014 Meeting Papers 144, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- repec:dgr:tuecis:0601 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rutzer, Christian, 2014. "From the Loser to the Winner - How Trade Liberalization can lead to Leapfrogging between Countries," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100313, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Andreas Pyka & Uwe Cantner & Jens J. Krueger, 1999.
"Twin-Peaks - What the Knowledge-Based Approach Can Say about the Dynamics of the World Income Distribution,"
Discussion Paper Series
189, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Andreas Pyka & Jens J. Kruger & Uwe Cantner, 2003. "Twin Peaks: What the Knowledge-based Approach Can Say about the Dynamics of the World Income Distribution," Chapters, in: Applied Evolutionary Economics, chapter 9 Edward Elgar.
- Argentino Pessoa, 2004. "Institutional innovations, growth performance and policy," ERSA conference papers ersa04p157, European Regional Science Association.
- Ivarsson, Inge & Alvstam, Claes Goran, 2005. "Technology transfer from TNCs to local suppliers in developing countries: A study of AB Volvo's truck and bus plants in Brazil, China, India, and Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1325-1344, August.
- Buckley, Peter J. & Hashai, Niron, 2014. "The role of technological catch up and domestic market growth in the genesis of emerging country based multinationals," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 423-437.
- Sasidharan, Subash & Kathuria, Vinish, 2011. "Foreign Direct Investment and R&D: Substitutes or Complements--A Case of Indian Manufacturing after 1991 Reforms," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1226-1239, July.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2000021 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lopez, Ramon, 2003. "The Policy Roots of Socioeconomic Stagnation and Environmental Implosion: Latin America 1950-2000," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 259-280, February.
- Chang, Ha-Joon & Cheema, Ali, 2001. "Conditions for Successful Technology Policy in Developing Countries : Learning Rents, State Structures and Institutions," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 8, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Cheng, Gong, 2011.
"A Growth Perspective on Foreign Reserve Accumulation,"
46668, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Mar 2013.
- Cheng, G., 2013. "A Growth Perspective on Foreign Reserve Accumulation," Working papers 443, Banque de France.
- S.M. Naseem, 1998. "Globalisation, Technology, and Asian Economic Growth," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 37(4), pages 401-429.
- Anabela Queirós & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2014. "Economic growth, human capital and structural change: an empirical analysis," FEP Working Papers 549, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Uwe Cantner & Bernd Ebersberger & Horst Hanusch & Jens J. Krüger & Andreas Pyka, 2004. "The Twin Peaks in National Income. Parametric and Nonparametric Estimates," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 55(6), pages 1127-1144.
- repec:iab:iabmit:v:35:i:4:p:616-627 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:15:y:2007:i:24:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ester G. Silva & Aurora A. C. Teixeira, 2011.
"Does structure influence growth? A panel data econometric assessment of "relatively less developed" countries, 1979--2003,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 20(2), pages 457-510, April.
- Ester Gomes da Silva & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2009. "Does structure influence growth? A panel data econometric assessment of ‘relatively less developed’ countries, 1979-2003," FEP Working Papers 316, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Rugman, Alan M. & Oh, Chang Hoon, 2008. "Korea's multinationals in a regional world," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 5-15, January.
- James Bessen, 2008. "Accounting for Productivity Growth When Technical Change is Biased," Working Papers 0802, Research on Innovation.
- Mario Cimoli & Marcio Holland & Gabriel Porcile & Annalisa Primi & Sebastiàn Vergara, 2006.
"Growth, Structural Change and Technological Capabilities. Latin America in a Comparative Perspective,"
LEM Papers Series
2006/11, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Cimoli, Mario & Porcile, Gabriel & Primi, Annalisa & Vergara, Sebastián & Brito, Marcio Holland de, 2010. "Growth, structural change and technological capabilities Latin America in a comparative perspective," Textos para discussão 212, Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Ghazouani KAMEL, 2005. "Growth, private investment and reforms : A comparative perspective," GE, Growth, Math methods 0507012, EconWPA.
- Sadik, Ali T. & Bolbol, Ali A., 2001. "Capital Flows, FDI, and Technology Spillovers: Evidence from Arab Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 2111-2125, December.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20000021 is not listed on IDEAS
- Desmet, Klaus & Rojas, Juan A, 2004.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Spillovers: Gradualism May Be Better,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4660, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Klaus Desmet & Felipe Meza & Juan A. Rojas, 2008. "Foreign direct investment and spillovers: gradualism may be better," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 41(3), pages 926-953, August.
- Klaus Desmet & Juan Rojas, 2004. "Foreign Direct Investment And Spillovers: Gradualism May Be Better," Economics Working Papers we040401, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Giovanni Dosi & Richard Nelson, 2013. "The Evolution of Technologies: An Assessment of the State-of-the-Art," Eurasian Business Review, Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 3(1), pages 3-46, June.
- Jesus Felipe & J. S. L. McCombie & Kaukab Naqvi, 2010.
"Is Pakistan's Growth Rate Balance-of-Payments Constrained? Policies and Implications for Development and Growth,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 477-496.
- Felipe, Jesus & McCombie, J. S. L. & Naqvi, Kaukab, 2009. "Is Pakistan’s Growth Rate Balance-of-Payments Constrained? Policies and Implications for Development and Growth," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 160, Asian Development Bank.
- Thomas Gries & Wim Naudé, 2010.
"Entrepreneurship and structural economic transformation,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 13-29, January.
- Gries, Thomas & Naude, Wim, 2008. "Entrepreneurship and Structural Economic Transformation," Working Paper Series RP2008/62, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Silva, Ester G. & Teixeira, Aurora A.C., 2008.
"Surveying structural change: Seminal contributions and a bibliometric account,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 273-300, December.
- Ester Gomes da Silva & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2006. "Surveying structural change: seminal contributions and a bibliometric account," FEP Working Papers 232, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Stephanie Seguino, 2005.
"Gender Inequality in a Globalizing World,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_426, Levy Economics Institute.
- Emanuela di Gropello, 2006. "Meeting the Challenges of Secondary Education in Latin America and East Asia : Improving Efficiency and Resource Mobilization," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7173.
- Jim Watson, Gordon MacKerron, David Ockwell and Tao Wang, 2007. "Technology and carbon mitigation in developing countries: Are cleaner coal technologies a viable option?," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-2007-16, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Nelson, Richard R. & Sampat, Bhaven N., 2001. "Making sense of institutions as a factor shaping economic performance," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 31-54, January.
- Timmer, Marcel P., 2003. "Technological development and rates of return to investment in a catching-up economy: the case of South Korea," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 405-425, December.
- repec:dgr:tuecis:992 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Fei & Dong, Baomin & Yin, Xiaopeng & An, Chi, 2014. "China's structural change: A new SDA model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 256-266.
- Pieper Ute, 2002. "Patterns of inter-sectoral diffusion of technological growth: income, concentration, and public capital stocks," Research Memorandum 012, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Mario, Cimoli, 2005.
"Heterogeneidad estructural, asimetrías tecnológicas y crecimiento en América Latina
[Structural heterogeneity, technological asymmetries and growth in Latin America]," MPRA Paper 3832, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Weber, Enzo, 2006.
"Common and uncommon sources of growth in Asia Pacific,"
3715, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2007.
- Weber, Enzo, 2009. "Common and uncommon sources of growth in Asia Pacific," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 20-36, March.
- Enzo Weber, 2006. "Common and Uncommon Sources of Growth in Asia Pacific," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-064, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari & Sjöholm, Fredrik, 2002. "Growth & Innovation Policies For a Knowledge Economy. Experiences From Finland, Sweden & Singapore," EIJS Working Paper Series 156, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Chen, Shiyi & Santos-Paulino, Amelia U., 2013. "Energy consumption restricted productivity re-estimates and industrial sustainability analysis in post-reform China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 52-60.
- Irfan ul Haque, 2014. "Toward a Competitive Pakistan: The Role of Industrial Policy," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 19(Special E), pages 61-90, September.
- Benjamin Nancy & Michael Ferrantino, 2001. "Trade Policy and Productivity Growth in OECD Manufacturing," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 95-115.
- Marios Zachariadis, . "International Technology Diffusion and Growth in the Manufacturing Sector of Developing Economies," Departmental Working Papers 2002-20, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Aoki, Masanao & Yoshikawa, Hiroshi, 2002. "Demand saturation-creation and economic growth," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 127-154, June.
- Simplice Asongu, 2013.
"Harmonizing IPRs on Software Piracy: Empirics of Trajectories in Africa,"
Journal of Business Ethics,
Springer, vol. 118(1), pages 45-60, November.
- Simplice A, Asongu, 2012. "Harmonizing IPRs on Software Piracy: Empirics of Trajectories in Africa," MPRA Paper 42466, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asongu Simplice, 2012. "Harmonizing IPRs on Software Piracy: Empirics of Trajectories in Africa," Working Papers 12/025, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Mahmood, Ishtiaq P. & Singh, Jasjit, 2003. "Technological dynamism in Asia," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1031-1054, June.
- Sanjaya Lall, . "Comparing National Competitive Performance: An Economic Analysis of World Economic Forum's Competitiveness Index," QEH Working Papers qehwps61, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Eric ROUGIER, 2014. "Fire in Cairo: Authoritarian-redistributive social contracts, structural change and the Arab spring," Cahiers du GREThA 2014-22, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Figueiredo, Paulo N., 2008. "Industrial Policy Changes and Firm-Level Technological Capability Development: Evidence from Northern Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 55-88, January.
- Jens Kaüger & Uwe Cantner & Horst Hanusch, 2000. "Total factor productivity, the east Asian miracle, and the world production frontier," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 136(1), pages 111-136, March.
- Voon, Jan P. & Chen, Edward K. Y., 2003. "Contributions of capital stock quality improvement to economic growth: the case of Hong Kong," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 631-644, August.
- Donny Tang, 2003. "The effect of European integration on trade with the APEC countries: 1981–2000," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 262-278, June.
- Danny Givon, 2006. "Factor Replacement versus Factor Substitution, Mechanization and Asymptotic Harrod Neutrality," DEGIT Conference Papers c011_028, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Jun-Youn Kim & Tae-Young Park & Keun Lee, 2013. "Catch-Up by Indigenous Firms in the Software Industry and the Role of the Government in China: A Sectoral System of Innovation (SSI) Perspective," Eurasian Business Review, Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 3(1), pages 100-120, June.
- Pek-Hooi Soh & Jiang Yu, 2010. "Institutional environment and complementary assets: Business strategy in China’s 3G development," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 647-675, December.
- Das, Gouranga Gopal & Alavalapati, Janaki, 2001. "Trade-mediated biotechnology transfer and its effective absorption: an application to the U.S. forestry sector," MPRA Paper 37254, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Feb 2002.
- Chen, Shiyi & Jefferson, Gary H. & Zhang, Jun, 2011. "Structural change, productivity growth and industrial transformation in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 133-150, March.
- Leopoldo Yanes, 2008. "R&D, Market Structure and Trade: A General Equilibrium Analysis," Discussion Papers Series 361, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Sonja Opper, 2005. "The giant graduates: China's strive for high-technology," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 6(3), pages 43-48, October.
- Schettkat, Ronald, 2002. "Bildung und Wirtschaftswachstum (Education and economic growth)," Mitteilungen aus der Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 35(4), pages 616-627.
- Metcalfe, J.S. & Ramlogan, R., 2005. "Competition and the regulation of economic development," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 215-235, May.
- Naude, Wim, 2008. "Entrepreneurship in Economic Development," Working Paper Series RP2008/20, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Timmer, Marcel P. & Szirmai, Adam, 2000. "Productivity growth in Asian manufacturing: the structural bonus hypothesis examined," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 371-392, December.
- Seguino, Stephanie, 2000. "Gender Inequality and Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1211-1230, July.
- Hill, Hal, 2001. "Technology and Innovation in Developing East Asia: An interpretive Survey," Departmental Working Papers 2001-11, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Anja Breitwieser & Neil Foster-McGregor, 2012.
"Intellectual Property Rights, Innovation and Technology Transfer: A Survey,"
wiiw Working Papers
88, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Anja, Breitwieser & Neil, Foster, 2012. "Intellectual property rights, innovation and technology transfer: a survey," MPRA Paper 36094, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chris Papageorgiou & Fidel Perez-Sebastian, . "Human Capital and Convergence in a Non-Scale R&D Growth Model," Departmental Working Papers 2002-10, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Westphal, Larry E., 2000. "Industrialization Meets Globalization : Uncertain Reflections on East Asian Experience," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 8, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Briceño Avalos, Hernán Ricardo, 2013. "The Industry oriented Asian Tigers and the Natural Resource based Pacific Alliance Economic Growth Models," MPRA Paper 61665, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- J.S Metcalfe, 2004. "Accounting for Evolution: An Assessment of the Population Method," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2004-21, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.