Development aid and the diffusion of technology: Improved cookstoves in Kenya and Rwanda
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Richard R & Pack, Howard, 1999. "The Asian Miracle and Modern Growth Theory," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(457), pages 416-436, July.
- Kaplinsky, Raphael, 2011. "Schumacher meets Schumpeter: Appropriate technology below the radar," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 193-203, March.
- Haselip, James & Potter, Clive, 2010. "Post-neoliberal electricity market 're-reforms' in Argentina: Diverging from market prescriptions?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 1168-1176, February.
- Walekhwa, Peter N. & Mugisha, Johnny & Drake, Lars, 2009. "Biogas energy from family-sized digesters in Uganda: Critical factors and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2754-2762, July.
- Barnett, Andrew, 1990. "The diffusion of energy technology in the rural areas of developing countries: A synthesis of recent experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 539-553, April.
- Bhatia, Ramesh, 1990. "Diffusion of renewable energy technologies in developing countries: A case study of biogas engines in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 575-590, April.
- Gebreegziabher, Zenebe & Mekonnen, Alemu & Kassie, Menale & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2012.
"Urban energy transition and technology adoption: The case of Tigrai, northern Ethiopia,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 410-418.
- Gebreegziabher, Zenebe & Mekonnen, Alemu & Kassie, Menale & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2010. "Urban Energy Transition and Technology Adoption: The Case of Tigrai, Northern Ethiopia," Discussion Papers dp-10-22-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Kozloff, Keith, 1995. "Rethinking development assistance for renewable electric power," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 215-231.
- Ockwell, David G. & Watson, Jim & MacKerron, Gordon & Pal, Prosanto & Yamin, Farhana, 2008. "Key policy considerations for facilitating low carbon technology transfer to developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4104-4115, November.
- Carlsson, B & Stankiewicz, R, 1991. "On the Nature, Function and Composition of Technological Systems," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 93-118, April.
- Haselip, James & Desgain, Denis & Mackenzie, Gordon, 2014. "Financing energy SMEs in Ghana and Senegal: Outcomes, barriers and prospects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 369-376.
- Snyder, Monteze & Berry, Fran & Mavima, Paul, 1996. "Gender policy in development assistance: Improving implementation results," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(9), pages 1481-1496, September.
- Hobday, Mike, 1995. "East Asian latecomer firms: Learning the technology of electronics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 1171-1193, July.
- Agbemabiese, Lawrence & Nkomo, Jabavu & Sokona, Youba, 2012. "Enabling innovations in energy access: An African perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(S1), pages 38-47.
- Tigabu, Aschalew D. & Berkhout, Frans & van Beukering, Pieter, 2015. "Technology innovation systems and technology diffusion: Adoption of bio-digestion in an emerging innovation system in Rwanda," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 90(PA), pages 318-330.
- Sagar, A. D. & Holdren, J. P., 2002. "Assessing the global energy innovation system: some key issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 465-469, May.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1992. "Technological capabilities and industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 165-186, February.
- James Haselip & Ulrich Hansen & Daniel Puig & Sara Trærup & Subash Dhar, 2015. "Governance, enabling frameworks and policies for the transfer and diffusion of low carbon and climate adaptation technologies in developing countries," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 131(3), pages 363-370, August.
- Staffan Jacobsson & Anna Bergek, 2004. "Transforming the energy sector: the evolution of technological systems in renewable energy technology," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(5), pages 815-849, October.
- Bonair, Ann & Rosenfield, Patricia & Tengvald, Karin, 1989. "Medical technologies in developing countries: Issues of technology development, transfer, diffusion and use," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 769-781, January.
- Aschalew D. Tigabu & Frans Berkhout & Pieter van Beukering, 2015. "Functional evolution and accumulation of technological innovation systems: The case of renewable energy in East Africa," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(5), pages 614-631.
- Reddy, Sudhakar & Painuly, J.P, 2004. "Diffusion of renewable energy technologies—barriers and stakeholders’ perspectives," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1431-1447.
- Bergek, Anna & Jacobsson, Staffan & Carlsson, Bo & Lindmark, Sven & Rickne, Annika, 2008. "Analyzing the functional dynamics of technological innovation systems: A scheme of analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 407-429, April.
- Gamser, Matthew S., 1988. "Innovation, technical assistance, and development: The importance of technology users," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 711-721, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:110:y:2017:i:c:p:303-312 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsOfficial Development Assistance (ODA); Renewable energy; Technological innovation systems; Functions approach to innovation systems; Cookstoves; Africa;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:102:y:2017:i:c:p:593-601. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.