Foreign and domestic growth drivers in Eastern Europe
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Weber, Enzo, 2010. "Foreign and Domestic Growth Drivers in Eastern Europe," University of Regensburg Working Papers in Business, Economics and Management Information Systems 444, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics.
- Enzo Weber, 2010. "Foreign and Domestic Growth Drivers in Eastern Europe," Working Papers 286, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Weber, Enzo, 2009.
"Common and uncommon sources of growth in Asia Pacific,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 20-36, March.
- Weber, Enzo, 2006. "Common and uncommon sources of growth in Asia Pacific," MPRA Paper 3715, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2007.
- Enzo Weber, 2006. "Common and Uncommon Sources of Growth in Asia Pacific," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-064, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Nelson, Richard R & Pack, Howard, 1999. "The Asian Miracle and Modern Growth Theory," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(457), pages 416-436, July.
- Francisco L. Rivera-Batiz & Luis A. Rivera-Batiz, 2018.
"Economic Integration and Endogenous Growth,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Francisco L Rivera-Batiz & Luis A Rivera-Batiz (ed.), International Trade, Capital Flows and Economic Development, chapter 1, pages 3-32,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Luiz R. de Mello Jr., 1997. "Foreign Direct Investment in Developing Countries: A Selective Survey," Studies in Economics 9701, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Gonzalo, Jesus & Ng, Serena, 2001.
"A systematic framework for analyzing the dynamic effects of permanent and transitory shocks,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1527-1546, October.
- Gonzalo, J. & Ng, S., 1996. "A Systematic Framework for Analyzing the Dynamic Effects of Permanent and Transitory Shocks," Cahiers de recherche 9603, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Gonzalo, J. & Ng, S., 1996. "A Systematic Framework for Analyzing the Dynamic Effects of Permanent and Transitory Shocks," Cahiers de recherche 9603, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Ng, Serena & Gonzalo, Jesús, 1996. "A systematic framework for analyzing the dynamic effects of permanent and transitory shocks," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS 6203, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Kutan, Ali M. & Yigit, Taner M., 2009. "European integration, productivity growth and real convergence: Evidence from the new member states," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 127-137, June.
- Lewis, W Arthur, 1980. "The Slowing Down of the Engine of Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 555-564, September.
- Ronald Findlay, 1978. "Relative Backwardness, Direct Foreign Investment, and the Transfer of Technology: A Simple Dynamic Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 92(1), pages 1-16.
- Damijan, Joze P. & Knell, Mark & Majcen, Boris & Rojec, Matija, 2003. "The role of FDI, R&D accumulation and trade in transferring technology to transition countries: evidence from firm panel data for eight transition countries," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 189-204, June.
- Robert M. Solow, 1956. "A Contribution to the Theory of Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(1), pages 65-94.
- GC. Rodrigo, 2000. "East Asia's growth: technology or accumulation?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(2), pages 215-227, April.
- Luiz de Mello, 1997. "Foreign direct investment in developing countries and growth: A selective survey," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 1-34.
- Feasel, Edward & Kim, Yongbeom & Smith, Stephen C, 2001. "Investment, Exports, and Output in South Korea: A VAR Approach to Growth Empirics," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 421-432, October.
- Stephen Thomsen, 1999. "Southeast Asia: The Role of Foreign Direct Investment Policies in Development," OECD Working Papers on International Investment 1999/1, OECD Publishing.
- János Kornai, 2006. "The great transformation of Central Eastern Europe: Success and disappointment," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 14(2), pages 207-244, April.
- Janos Kornai, 2006. "The Great Transformation Of Central Eastern Europe: Success And Disappointment - First Published," Montenegrin Journal of Economics, Economic Laboratory for Transition Research (ELIT), vol. 2(4), pages 11-38.
- Marcella Nicolini & Laura Resmini, 2010. "FDI spillovers in new EU member states," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 18(3), pages 487-511, July.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Charles I. Jones & Paul M. Romer, 2010.
"The New Kaldor Facts: Ideas, Institutions, Population, and Human Capital,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 224-245, January.
- Charles I. Jones & Paul M. Romer, 2009. "The New Kaldor Facts: Ideas, Institutions, Population, and Human Capital," NBER Working Papers 15094, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro & Tokunaga, Masahiro, 2013. "Macroecnomic Impacts of FDI in Transition Economies: A Meta-Study," RRC Working Paper Series 39, Russian Research Center, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ramona Jimborean & Anna Kelber, 2017.
"Foreign Direct Investment Drivers and Growth in Central and Eastern Europe in the Aftermath of the 2007 Global Financial Crisis,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 59(1), pages 23-54, March.
- R. Jimborean & A. Kelber, 2014. "Foreign direct investment drivers and growth in Central and Eastern Europe in the aftermath of the 2007 global financial crisis," Working papers 488, Banque de France.
- Oana Cristina Popovici & Adrian Cantemir CÄƒlin, 2016. "Economic Growth, Foreign Investments and Exports in Romania: A VECM Analysis," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 19(61), pages 95-122, September.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro & Tokunaga, Masahiro, 2019. "The Determinants and Macroeconomic Impacts of Foreign Direct Investment in Transition Economies," CEI Working Paper Series 2019-8, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro & Tokunaga, Masahiro, 2014. "Macroeconomic Impacts of FDI in Transition Economies: A Meta-Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 53-69.
More about this item
KeywordsEastern Europe; Growth; Exports; Investment; Identification;
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecosys:v:35:y:2011:i:4:p:512-522. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/osteide.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.