Macroecnomic Impacts of FDI in Transition Economies: A Meta-Study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- T.D. Stanley & Hristos Doucouliagos, 2010. "Picture This: A Simple Graph That Reveals Much Ado About Research," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 170-191, February.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:39:y:2005:i:4:p:995-1027 is not listed on IDEAS
- Easterly, William, 1993. "How much do distortions affect growth?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 187-212, November.
- T. D. Stanley & Stephen B. Jarrell, 2005.
"Meta-Regression Analysis: A Quantitative Method of Literature Surveys,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 299-308, July.
- Stanley, T D & Jarrell, Stephen B, 1989. " Meta-Regression Analysis: A Quantitative Method of Literature Survey s," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 161-170.
- Campos, Nauro F & Kinoshita, Yuko, 2002.
"Foreign Direct Investment as Technology Transferred: Some Panel Evidence from the Transition Economies,"
University of Manchester, vol. 70(3), pages 398-419, June.
- Campos, Nauro F & Kinoshita, Yuko, 2002. "Foreign Direct Investment as Technology Transferred: Some Panel Evidence from the Transition Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 3417, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nauro F. Campos & Yuko Kinoshita, 2002. "Foreign Direct Investment as Technology Transferred: Some Panel Evidence from the Transition Economies," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 438, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Martin Bijsterbosch & Marcin Kolasa, 2010.
"FDI and productivity convergence in Central and Eastern Europe: an industry-level investigation,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 145(4), pages 689-712, January.
- Kolasa, Marcin & Bijsterbosch, Martin, 2009. "FDI and productivity convergence in central and eastern Europe: an industry-level investigation," Working Paper Series 992, European Central Bank.
- Simeon Djankov & Peter Murrell, 2002.
"Enterprise Restructuring in Transition: A Quantitative Survey,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 40(3), pages 739-792, September.
- Djankov, Simeon & Murrell, Peter, 2002. "Enterprise Restructuring in Transition: A Quantitative Survey," CEPR Discussion Papers 3319, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eller, Markus & Haiss, Peter & Steiner, Katharina, 2006. "Foreign direct investment in the financial sector and economic growth in Central and Eastern Europe: The crucial role of the efficiency channel," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 300-319, December.
- Hristos Doucouliagos & Janto Haman & T.D. Stanley, 2012.
"Pay for Performance and Corporate Governance Reform,"
Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 670-703, July.
- Doucouliagos, Hristos & Haman, Janto & Stanley, T. D., 2010. "Pay for performance and corporate governance reform," Working Papers eco_2010_04, Deakin University, Department of Economics.
- Lucyna Kornecki & Vedapuri Raghavan, 2011. "Inward FDI Stock and Growth in Central and Eastern Europe," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 1, pages 19-30, February.
- Ichiro Iwasaki, 2007. "Enterprise Reform And Corporate Governance In Russia: A Quantitative Survey," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(5), pages 849-902, December.
- Pelinescu, Elena & Radulescu, Magdalena, 2009. "The Impact of Foreign Direct Investment on the Economic Growth and Countries’ Export Potential," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 153-169, December.
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Weber, Enzo, 2011.
"Foreign and domestic growth drivers in Eastern Europe,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 512-522.
- Enzo Weber, 2010. "Foreign and Domestic Growth Drivers in Eastern Europe," Working Papers 286, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Weber, Enzo, 2010. "Foreign and Domestic Growth Drivers in Eastern Europe," University of Regensburg Working Papers in Business, Economics and Management Information Systems 444, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics.
- Hiranya K Nath, 2009.
"Trade, Foreign Direct Investment, and Growth: Evidence from Transition Economies,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 51(1), pages 20-50, March.
- Hiranya K. Nath, 2005. "Trade, Foreign Direct Investment and Growth: Evidence from Transition Economies," Working Papers 0504, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- T. D. Stanley, 2008. "Meta-Regression Methods for Detecting and Estimating Empirical Effects in the Presence of Publication Selection," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(1), pages 103-127, February.
- Nicholas Apergis & Katerina Lyroudi & Athanasios Vamvakidis, 2008. "The relationship between foreign direct investment and economic growth: evidence from transition countries," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 15(1), pages 37-51, July.
- Lucian Cernat & Radu Vranceanu, 2002. "Globalisation and Development: New Evidence from Central and Eastern Europe," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 44(4), pages 119-136, December.
- Kutan, Ali M. & Yigit, Taner M., 2007.
"European integration, productivity growth and real convergence,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 1370-1395, August.
- M. Taner Yigit & Ali M. Kutan, 2004. "European Integration, Productivity Growth and Real Convergence," Working Papers 0402, Department of Economics, Bilkent University.
- Yigit, Taner M. & Kutan, Ali M., 2004. "European integration, productivity growth and real convergence," ZEI Working Papers B 08-2004, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Rossitza B. Wooster & David S. Diebel, 2010. "Productivity Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment in Developing Countries: A Meta-Regression Analysis," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(s1), pages 640-655, August.
- Ray Barrell & Dawn Holland, 2000. "Foreign Direct Investment and Enterprise Restructuring in Central Europe," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 8(2), pages 477-504, July.
- T. D. Stanley, 2005. "Beyond Publication Bias," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 309-345, July.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Reiner Martin, 2011. "FDI, Trade and Growth in CESEE Countries," Focus on European Economic Integration, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 1, pages 70-89.
- Agim Kukeli & Chuen-mei Fan & Liang-Shing Fan, 2006. "FDI and growth in transition economies: Does the mode of transition make a difference?," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 53(3), pages 302-322, September.
- Joze Mencinger, 2003. "Does Foreign Direct Investment Always Enhance Economic Growth?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(4), pages 491-508, November.
- Philippe Aghion & Peter Howitt, 1997. "Endogenous Growth Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011662, March.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic transition; macroeconomic impacts of FDI; meta-analysis; publication selection bias; Central and Eastern Europe; former Soviet Union;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- F62 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Macroeconomic Impacts
- P33 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - International Trade, Finance, Investment, Relations, and Aid
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2013-08-31 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-CWA-2013-08-31 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EEC-2013-08-31 (European Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2013-08-31 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:rrcwps:39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rrhitjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.