Inward FDI Stock and Growth in Central and Eastern Europe
This article analyses the foreign direct investment (FDI) in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) during the post communist era and tests the hypothesis that FDI contributes to the economic growth of the CEE countries. It reflects macroeconomic changes in post communist CEE and estimates the impact of the FDI stock on economic growth in the CEE using model based on the production function. This paper finds a positive association between FDI and economic growth in the CEE and a tremendous impact of FDI stock on GDP growth.
Volume (Year): 1 (2011)
Issue (Month): (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 17 Alton Towers Circle, Unit 101 Toronto, ON, M1V3L8, Canada|
Web page: http://www.bapress.ca
|Order Information:|| Postal: 17 Alton Towers Circle, Unit 101 Toronto, ON, M1V3L8, Canada|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luiz de Mello, 1997. "Foreign direct investment in developing countries and growth: A selective survey," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 1-34.
- Abdur Chowdhury & George Mavrotas, 2006. "FDI and Growth: What Causes What?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 9-19, 01.
- Valentina HARTARSKA & Henry THOMPSON, 2008. "Foreign Investment and Transition in Central/Eastern Europe along the Phase Curve," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 8(2), pages 67-78.
- Xiaowen Tian & Shuanglin Lin & Vai Io Lo, 2004. "Foreign direct investment and economic performance in transition economies: evidence from China," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 497-510.
- Li, Xiaoying & Liu, Xiaming, 2005. "Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth: An Increasingly Endogenous Relationship," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 393-407, March.
- Luiz R. de Mello Jr., 1997. "Foreign Direct Investment in Developing Countries: A Selective Survey," Studies in Economics 9701, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Gao, Ting, 2005. "Foreign direct investment and growth under economic integration," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 157-174, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bap:journl:110102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlson)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.