Citations for "Why Has Africa Grown Slowly?"
by Paul Collier & Jan Willem Gunning
- Delfin Go & Denis Nikitin & Xiongjian Wang & Heng-fu Zou, 2011.
"Poverty and Inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa: Literature Survey and Empirical Assessment,"
CEMA Working Papers
485, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Delfin Go & Denis Nikitin & Xiongjian Wang & Heng-fu Zou, 2007. "Poverty and Inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa: Literature Survey and Empirical Assessment," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 8(2), pages 251-304, November.
- Kazeem Bello AJIDE & P.B. EREGHA, 2014. "Economic Freedom And Foreign Direct Investment In Ecowas Countries: A Panel Data Analysis," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 14(2).
- Channing Arndt & Sam Jones & Finn Tarp, 2009.
"Aid and Growth: Have We Come Full Circle?,"
Working Paper Series
WIDER Discussion Paper 20, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Cunado, J. & Perez de Gracia, F., 2006. "Real convergence in Africa in the second-half of the 20th century," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 153-167.
- Fabrizio Carmignani & Abdur Chowdhury, 2012. "The Geographical Dimension of the Development Effects of Natural Resources," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 52(4), pages 479-498, August.
- Ronelle Burger, & Stan du Plessis, .
"Examining the Robustness of Competing Explanations of Slow Growth in African Countries,"
06/02, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Stan du Plessis & Ronelle Burger, 2006. "Examining the Robustness of Competing Explanations of Slow Growth in African Countries," Working Papers 03/2006, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- James E. Rauch & Scott Kostyshak, 2009. "The Three Arab Worlds," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(3), pages 165-88, Summer.
- Sebastian Edwards & Eduardo Levy Yeyati, 2003.
"Flexible Exchange Rates as Shock Absorbers,"
NBER Working Papers
9867, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paap, Richard & Franses, Philip Hans & van Dijk, Dick, 2005. "Does Africa grow slower than Asia, Latin America and the Middle East? Evidence from a new data-based classification method," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 553-570, August.
- Zheng, Jinghai & Bigsten, Arne & Hu, Angang, 2009.
"Can China's Growth be Sustained? A Productivity Perspective,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 874-888, April.
- Zheng, Jinghai & Bigsten, Arne & Hu, Angang, 2006. "Can China’s Growth be Sustained? A Productivity Perspective," Working Papers in Economics 236, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Jean-Claude Nachega & Thomson Fontaine, 2006. "Economic Growth and total Factor Productivity in Niger," IMF Working Papers 06/208, International Monetary Fund.
- Shivakumar, Sujai J., 2005. "Towards a democratic civilization for the 21st century," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 199-204, June.
- Chrysost Bangaké & Jude Eggoh, 2010. "International Capital Mobility in African Countries: Do the legal origins matter?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(1), pages 73-83.
- Robert Holzmann & Steen Jorgensen, 2000.
"Social risk management : a new conceptual framework for social protection and beyond,"
Social Protection Discussion Papers
21314, The World Bank.
- Robert Holzmann & Steen Jørgensen, 2001. "Social Risk Management: A New Conceptual Framework for Social Protection, and Beyond," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 529-556, August.
- Maswana, Jean-Claude, 2006. "Economic Development Patterns and Outcomes in Africa and Asia," MPRA Paper 5551, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Harrison, Ann E. & Lin, Justin Yifu & Xu, L. Colin, 2013.
"Explaining Africa's (Dis)advantage,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6316, The World Bank.
- Hendrik Dalen & George Groenewold & Jeannette Schoorl, 2005. "Out of Africa: what drives the pressure to emigrate?," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 741-778, November.
- Svensson, Jakob, 2000.
"Who must pay bribes and how much? Evidence from a cross-section of firms,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2486, The World Bank.
- Jakob Svensson, 2003. "Who Must Pay Bribes And How Much? Evidence From A Cross Section Of Firms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 118(1), pages 207-230, February.
- Svensson, Jakob, 2002. "Who Must Pay Bribes and How Much? Evidence from a cross-section of firms," Seminar Papers 713, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Barrios, Salvador & Bertinelli, Luisito & Strobl, Eric, 2003.
"Dry Times in Africa: Rainfall and Africa's Growth Performance,"
5705, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- BARRIOS, Salvador & BERTINELLI, Luisito & STROBL, Eric, 2003. "Dry times in Africa: Rainfall and Africa's growth performance," CORE Discussion Papers 2003061, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Amavilah, Voxi Heinrich, 2006. "Intensity of technology use and per capita real GDP across some African countries," MPRA Paper 1675, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elsa V. Artadi & Xavier Sala-i-Martín, 2003.
"The economic tragedy of the XXth Century: Growth in Africa,"
Economics Working Papers
684, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin & Elsa V. Artadi, 2003. "The economic tragedy of the XXth century: Growth in Africa," Discussion Papers 0203-17, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Elsa V. Artadi & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2003. "The Economic Tragedy of the XXth Century: Growth in Africa," NBER Working Papers 9865, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Weatherspoon, Dave D. & Cacho, Joyce A. & Christy, Ralph D., 2001.
"Linking Globalization, Economic Growth and Poverty: Impacts of Agribusiness Strategies on Sub-Saharan Africa,"
121131, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Dave Weatherspoon & Joyce Cacho & Ralph Christy, 2001. "Linking Globalization, Economic Growth and Poverty: Impacts of Agribusiness Strategies on Sub-Saharan Africa," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 722-729.
- James Fenske, 2009.
"Does Land Abundance Explain African Institutions?,"
981, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Bohn, Frank, 2007. "Polarisation, uncertainty and public investment failure," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 1077-1087, December.
- Leandro Prados de la Escosura, 2005.
"Colonial independence and economic backwardness in Latin America,"
Economic History Working Papers
22482, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Leandro Prados de la Escosura, 2004. "Colonial Independence And Economic Backwardness In Latin America," Working Papers in Economic History wh046503, Universidad Carlos III, Instituto Figuerola de Historia y Ciencias Sociales.
- Stephan Klasen & Francesca Lamanna, 2008. "The Impact of Gender Inequality in Education and Employment on Economic Growth in Developing Countries: Updates and Extensions," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 175, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Garenne, Michel & Gakusi, Albert Eneas, 2006. "Vulnerability and Resilience: Determinants of Under-Five Mortality Changes in Zambia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1765-1787, October.
- Barrios, Salvador & Ouattara, Bazoumana & Strobl, Eric, 2008.
"The impact of climatic change on agricultural production: Is it different for Africa?,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 287-298, August.
- Barrios, Salvador & Ouattara, Bazoumanna & Strobl, Eric, 2004. "The Impact of Climatic Change on Agricultural Production: Is it different for Africa?," MPRA Paper 6240, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dave Liu, 2007. "Growth Theory and Application: The Case of South Africa," Working Papers 200714, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Ahlfeld, Sebastian & Hemmer, Hans-Rimbert, 2006. "Der Beitrag der Geography vs. Institutions-Debatte zur Erklärung von Good oder Bad Governance," Discussion Papers in Development Economics 35, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Institute for Development Economics.
- Romain Houssa & Oleg Badunenko & Daniel J. Henderson, 2010. "Explaining African Growth Performance: A Production-Frontier Approach," Working Papers 1013, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Maurel, Mathilde, 2014. "The main obstacles to firms. growth in Senegal: Implications for the long run," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Celeste Coetzee, 2003. "Hiring Patterns, Firm-Level Dynamics and HIV/AIDS: A Case Study of Small Firms on the Cape Flats," SALDRU/CSSR Working Papers 052, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Hatton, Timothy J. & Williamson, Jeffrey G., 2001.
"Demographic and Economic Pressure on Emigration out of Africa,"
IZA Discussion Papers
250, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Timothy J. Hatton & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2003. "Demographic and Economic Pressure on Emigration out of Africa," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 105(3), pages 465-486, 09.
- Timothy J. Hatton & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2001. "Demographic and Economic Pressure on Emigration Out of Africa," NBER Working Papers 8124, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier Parent & Abdallah Zouache, 2009.
"Geographical Features Vs. Institutional Factors: New Perspectives On The Growth Of Africa And Middle-East,"
490, Economic Research Forum, revised Jun 2009.
- Olivier Parent & Abdallah Zouache, 2009. "Geographical Features vs. Institutional Factors : New Perspectives on the Growth of Africa and Middle-East," Post-Print hal-00430382, HAL.
- V. Heinrich Amavilah, 2003. "Meditating on "Slow Growth in Africa" - New Evidence or Just Ol' Stuff?," Development and Comp Systems 0307003, EconWPA.
- Bertocchi, Graziella & Canova, Fabio, 1996.
"Did Colonization Matter for Growth? An Empirical Exploration into the Historical Causes of Africa's Underdevelopment,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1444, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bertocchi, Graziella & Canova, Fabio, 2002. "Did colonization matter for growth?: An empirical exploration into the historical causes of Africa's underdevelopment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(10), pages 1851-1871, December.
- Graziella Bertocchi & Fabio Canova, 1996. "Did colonization matter for growth? An empirical exploration into the historical causes of Africa's underdevelopment," Economics Working Papers 202, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- T. Ademola OYEJIDE, 2000. "Interests And Options Of Developing And Least-Developed Countries In A New Round Of Multilateral Trade Negotiations," G-24 Discussion Papers 2, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Rathindran, Randeep, 2006.
"Measuring Services Trade Liberalization and Its Impact on Economic Growth: An Illustration,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 21, pages 64-98.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Rathindran, Randeep & Subramanian, Arvind, 2001. "Measuring services trade liberalization and its impact on economic growth : an illustration," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2655, The World Bank.
- Ronald Ravinesh Kumar & Radika Kumar, 2012. "Exploring sectoral elasticity vis-�-vis per worker income with a focus to agriculture: a study of Sub-Saharan Africa," African Journal of Economic and Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 27-48.
- MacLean, Lauren M., 2011. "The Paradox of State Retrenchment in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Micro-Level Experience of Public Social Service Provision," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1155-1165, July.
- John Whalley & J. Clark Leith, 2003. "Competitive Liberalization and a US-SACU FTA," NBER Working Papers 10168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Breen, Michael & Gillanders, Robert, 2013. "Political Trust, Corruption and Ratings of the IMF and the World Bank," MPRA Paper 51535, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bolt, Jutta & Bezemer, Dirk, 2008. "Understanding Long-Run African Growth: Colonial Institutions or Colonial Education? Evidence from a New Data Set," MPRA Paper 7029, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ceesay, Ebrima K., 2013. "Inequality and growth," MPRA Paper 45492, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Winford H. Masanjala & Chris Papageorgiou, 2008. "Rough and lonely road to prosperity: a reexamination of the sources of growth in Africa using Bayesian model averaging," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(5), pages 671-682.
- Abegaz, Berhanu, 2005. "Multilateral development aid for Africa," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 433-454, December.
- Busse, Matthias, 2010. "On the Growth Performance of Sub-Saharan African Countries," eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 11(2).
- Adam McCarty, 2001. "Globalisation and Human Development," International Trade 0110001, EconWPA.
- Margherita Bottero & Björn Wallace, 2013. "Is There a Long-Term Effect of Africa's Slave Trades?," Quaderni di storia economica (Economic History Working Papers) 30, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Ramesh Chandra Paudel, 2014. "Economic Growth in Developing Countries: Is Landlockedness Destiny?," Departmental Working Papers 2014-01, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Arnelyn Abdon & Jesus Felipe, 2011. "The Product Space: What Does It Say About the Opportunities for Growth and Structural Transformation of Sub-Saharan Africa?," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_670, Levy Economics Institute.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20030059 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2003059 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Fielding & Sebastian Torres, 2006. "A simultaneous equation model of economic development and income inequality," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 279-301, December.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darne & Jean-François Hoarau, 2012. "Convergence of real per capita GDP within COMESA countries: A panel unit root evidence," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 53-71, August.
- Mahmud, Hassan, 2008. "Why has Growth slowed in Sub-Saharan Africa: A System GMM-IV Approach," MPRA Paper 25910, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bangake, Chrysost & Eggoh, Jude C., 2011. "The Feldstein-Horioka puzzle in African countries: A panel cointegration analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 939-947, May.
- Chantal Dupasquier & Patrick N. Osakwe, 2006.
"Trade Regimes, Liberalization and Macroeconomic Instability in Africa,"
Development Economics Working Papers
21823, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Chantal Dupasquier & Patrick N. Osakwe, 2006. "Trade Regimes, Liberalization and Macroeconomic Instability in Africa," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0604, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Christine Mutz & Thomas Ziesemer, 2008.
"Simultaneous estimation of income and price elasticities of export demand, scale economies and total factor productivity growth for Brazil,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(22), pages 2921-2937.
- Mutz Christine & Ziesemer Thomas, 2005. "Simultaneous Estimation of Income and Price Elasticities of Export Demand, Scale Economies and Total Factor Productivity Growth for Brazil," Research Memorandum 004, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Guido De Blasio & A. Dalmazzo, 2001. "Resources and Incentives to Reform: A Model and Some Evidenceon Sub-Saharan African Countries," IMF Working Papers 01/86, International Monetary Fund.
- Wilson Perez, 2004. "Divide and Conquer: Noisy Communication in Networks, Power, and Wealth Distribution," Working Papers 2004.33, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Damian Hattingh & James Hodge & Sandrine Rospabé, 2003. "The Impact of Privatisation and Regulatory Reform on Wage Premia in State-Owned Enterprises in South Africa," Working Papers 03078, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- Manuel Couret Branco, 2008. "Underdevelopment and Democratization in Africa," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2008_06, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Oskam, A.J. & Komen, M.H.C. & Wobst, P. & Yalew, A., 2004. "Trade policies and development of less-favoured areas: evidence from the literature," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 445-466, August.
- Yamfwa, F. & Szirmai, A.S. & Chibwe Lamba, 2002. "Zambian Manufacturing Performance in Comparative Perspective," Working Papers 02.21, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Léonce Ndikumana, 2001. "Financial Markets and Economic Development in Africa," Working Papers wp17, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné & Jean-François Hoarau, 2009. "Does the real GDP per capita convergence hold in the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa?," Working Papers hal-00422522, HAL.
- Jomo Kwame Sundaram & Rudiger von Arnim, 2008. "Economic liberalization and constraints to development in sub-Saharan africa," Working Papers 67, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Harry W. Richardson & Peter Gordon, 2000. "Compactness or Sprawl: America's Future vs. the Present," Working Paper 8645, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- World Bank, 2007. "Niger - Accelerating Growth and Achieving the Millennium Development Goals : Diagnosis and the Policy Agenda," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7658, The World Bank.
- Frank Bohn, 2005. "Public Investment under Ethnic Diversity and Political Uncertainty," Working Papers 200501, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- M. Haynes & R. Husan, 2002. "'Somewhere Over the Rainbow': The Post-Soviet Transition, the Market and the Mythical Process of Convergence," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 381-398.