Linking Globalization, Economic Growth and Poverty: Impacts of Agribusiness Strategies on Sub-Saharan Africa
AbstractThe following sections are included:Agribusiness Strategies in Emerging Economies: Forces and OutcomesDistributional effects of contracts in emerging economies: Lessons from AfricaDistributional effects of joint venturesDistributional impacts of foreign direct investmentNegotiating an enabling environment: The role of the public sectorPrivate sector initiatives in emerging marketsConclusionsReferences
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||Nov 2001|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Warren Hall, Ithaca NY 14853|
Web page: http://aem.cornell.edu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gregory L. Poe & Kelly L. Giraud & John B. Loomis, 2005. "Computational Methods for Measuring the Difference of Empirical Distributions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(2), pages 353-365.
- Paul Collier & Jan Willem Gunning, 1999. "Why Has Africa Grown Slowly?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 3-22, Summer.
- Weatherspoon, Dave D. & Cacho, Joyce A. & Christy, Ralph D., 2001.
"Linking Globalization, Economic Growth and Poverty: Impacts of Agribusiness Strategies on Sub-Saharan Africa,"
121131, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Dave Weatherspoon & Joyce Cacho & Ralph Christy, 2001. "Linking Globalization, Economic Growth and Poverty: Impacts of Agribusiness Strategies on Sub-Saharan Africa," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 722-729.
- Dave Weatherspoon & Joyce Cacho & Ralph Christy, 2004. "Linking Globalization, Economic Growth and Poverty: Impacts of Agribusiness Strategies on Sub-Saharan Africa," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Achieving Sustainable Communities In A Global Economy Alternative Private Strategies and Public Policies, chapter 2, pages 27-42 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Pan-Long Tsai, 1995. "Foreign direct investment and income inequality: Further evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 469-483, March.
- Desai, Mihir A. & Hines Jr., James R., 1999. ""Basket cases": Tax incentives and international joint venture participation by American multinational firms," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 379-402, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:cudasp:121131. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.