Linking Globalization, Economic Growth and Poverty: Impacts of Agribusiness Strategies on Sub-Saharan Africa
AbstractThe following sections are included:Agribusiness Strategies in Emerging Economies: Forces and OutcomesDistributional effects of contracts in emerging economies: Lessons from AfricaDistributional effects of joint venturesDistributional impacts of foreign direct investmentNegotiating an enabling environment: The role of the public sectorPrivate sector initiatives in emerging marketsConclusionsReferences
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 83 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pan-Long Tsai, 1995. "Foreign direct investment and income inequality: Further evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 469-483, March.
- Dave Weatherspoon & Joyce Cacho & Ralph Christy, 2004.
"Linking Globalization, Economic Growth and Poverty: Impacts of Agribusiness Strategies on Sub-Saharan Africa,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,
in: Achieving Sustainable Communities In A Global Economy Alternative Private Strategies and Public Policies, chapter 2, pages 27-42
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Dave Weatherspoon & Joyce Cacho & Ralph Christy, 2001. "Linking Globalization, Economic Growth and Poverty: Impacts of Agribusiness Strategies on Sub-Saharan Africa," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 722-729.
- Weatherspoon, Dave D. & Cacho, Joyce A. & Christy, Ralph D., 2001. "Linking Globalization, Economic Growth and Poverty: Impacts of Agribusiness Strategies on Sub-Saharan Africa," Staff Papers 121131, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Paul Collier & Jan Willem Gunning, 1999. "Why Has Africa Grown Slowly?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 3-22, Summer.
- Gregory L. Poe & Kelly L. Giraud & John B. Loomis, 2005. "Computational Methods for Measuring the Difference of Empirical Distributions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(2), pages 353-365.
- Desai, Mihir A. & Hines Jr., James R., 1999. ""Basket cases": Tax incentives and international joint venture participation by American multinational firms," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 379-402, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)