The Product Space: What Does It Say About the Opportunities for Growth and Structural Transformation of Sub-Saharan Africa?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Elsa V. Artadi & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2003.
"The Economic Tragedy of the XXth Century: Growth in Africa,"
NBER Working Papers
9865, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elsa V. Artadi & Xavier Sala-i-Martín, 2003. "The economic tragedy of the XXth Century: Growth in Africa," Economics Working Papers 684, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Felipe, Jesus & Kumar, Utsav & Abdon, Arnelyn, 2013.
"Exports, capabilities, and industrial policy in India,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 939-956.
- Jesus Felipe & Utsav Kumar & Arnelyn Abdon, 2010. "Exports, Capabilities, and Industrial Policy in India," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_638, Levy Economics Institute.
- Jesus Felipe & Utsav Kumar & Norio Usui & Arnelyn Abdon, 2013.
"Why has China succeeded? And why it will continue to do so,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 37(4), pages 791-818.
- Jesus Felipe & Utsav Kumar & Norio Usui & Arnelyn Abdon, 2010. "Why Has China Succeeded-And Why It Will Continue To Do So," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_611, Levy Economics Institute.
- Arbache, Jorge & Go, Delfin S. & Page, John, 2008. "Is Africa's economy at a turning point?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4519, The World Bank.
- Ndulu,Benno J. & O'Connell,Stephen A. & Bates,Robert H. & Collier,Paul & Soludo,Chukwuma C., 2009. "The Political Economy of Economic Growth in Africa, 1960â€“2000," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521127752, April.
- Jesus Felipe & Utsav Kumar & Arnelyn Abdon, 2014.
"As You Sow So Shall You Reap: From Capabilities to Opportunities,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(4), pages 488-515, December.
- Jesus Felipe & Utsav Kumar & Arnelyn Abdon, 2010. "As You Sow So Shall You Reap: From Capabilities to Opportunities," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_613, Levy Economics Institute.
- Felipe, Jesus & Kumar, Utsav & Abdon, Arnelyn & Bacate, Marife, 2012. "Product complexity and economic development," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 36-68.
- Jesus Felipe & Utsav Kumar & Arnelyn Abdon, 2010. "Using Capabilities to Project Growth, 2010-30," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_609, Levy Economics Institute.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Robert E. Lipsey & Haiyan Deng & Alyson C. Ma & Hengyong Mo, 2005. "World Trade Flows: 1962-2000," NBER Working Papers 11040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jesus Felipe & Utsav Kumar & Arnelyn Abdon, 2010. "How Rich Countries Became Rich and Why Poor Countries Remain Poor: It's the Economic Structure . . . Duh!," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_644, Levy Economics Institute.
- Paul Collier & Jan Willem Gunning, 1999. "Why Has Africa Grown Slowly?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 3-22, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hartmann, Dominik & Guevara, Miguel R. & Jara-Figueroa, Cristian & Aristarán, Manuel & Hidalgo, César A., 2017.
"Linking Economic Complexity, Institutions, and Income Inequality,"
Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 75-93.
- D. Hartmann & M. R. Guevara & C. Jara-Figueroa & M. Aristaran & C. A. Hidalgo, 2015. "Linking Economic Complexity, Institutions and Income Inequality," Papers 1505.07907, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2017.
- Cyrielle Gaglio, 2015. "Measuring Country Competitiveness: A Survey of Exporting-based Indexes," GREDEG Working Papers 2015-42, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Murat Arsel & Andrew M. Fischer, 2015. "Forum 2015," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 46(4), pages 700-732, July.
More about this item
KeywordsIndustrial Policy; Product Space; Structural Transformation; Sub-Saharan Africa;
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O25 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Industrial Policy
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:wrkpap:wp_670. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Dunn). General contact details of provider: http://www.levyinstitute.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.