Production complexity, adaptability and economic growth
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Matteo Bugamelli, 2001. "Il modello di specializzazione internazionale dell'Italia e dei principali paesi europei: omogeneitï¿½ e convergenza," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 402, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Costinot, Arnaud, 2009.
"On the origins of comparative advantage,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 255-264, April.
- Costinot, Arnaud, 2007. "On the Origins of Comparative Advantage," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt07g7g8h8, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Cesar A. Hidalgo & Ricardo Hausmann, 2009. "The Building Blocks of Economic Complexity," Papers 0909.3890, arXiv.org.
- Alberto Dalmazzo & Tuomas Pekkarinen & Pasquale Scaramozzino, 2007. "O‐ring Wage Inequality," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 74(295), pages 515-536, August.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1993. "Making a Miracle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(2), pages 251-272, March.
- Andrea Zaghini, 2005.
"Evolution of trade patterns in the new EU member states,"
The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 13(4), pages 629-658, October.
- Andrea Zaghini, 2005. "Evolution of trade patterns in the new EU member states," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 568, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Michael Kremer, 1993. "The O-Ring Theory of Economic Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 551-575.
- Alessandrini, Michele & Fattouh, Bassam & Ferrarini, Benno & Scaramozzino, Pasquale, 2011. "Tariff liberalization and trade specialization: Lessons from India," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 499-513.
- Hernando Zuleta, 2004. "A Note on Scale Effects," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 7(1), pages 237-242, January.
- Robert M. Solow, 1956. "A Contribution to the Theory of Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(1), pages 65-94.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Jason Hwang & Dani Rodrik, 2007.
"What you export matters,"
Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 1-25, March.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Hwang, Jason & Rodrik, Dani, 2005. "What You Export Matters," Working Paper Series rwp05-063, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Hwang, Jason & Rodrik, Dani, 2006. "What You Export Matters," CEPR Discussion Papers 5444, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Jason Hwang & Dani Rodrik, 2005. "What You Export Matters," CID Working Papers 123, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Jason Hwang & Dani Rodrik, 2005. "What You Export Matters," NBER Working Papers 11905, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Smith, Adam, 1776. "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number smith1776.
- W. W. Rostow, 1959. "The Stages Of Economic Growth," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 12(1), pages 1-16, August.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, September.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, September.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1992. "Technological capabilities and industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 165-186, February.
- Sandra Poncet & Felipe Starosta de Waldemar, 2013.
"Complexité économique et croissance. Une application au cas chinois,"
Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 64(3), pages 495-503.
- Sandra Poncet & Felipe Starosta de Waldemar, 2013. "Complexité économique et croissance : une application au cas chinois," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" hal-01045025, HAL.
- Benno Ferrarini & Pasquale Scaramozzino, 2015. "The Product Space Revisited: China's Trade Profile," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(9), pages 1368-1386, September.
- John Sutton, 2001. "Rich Trades, Scarce Capabilities: Industrial Development Revisited," STICERD - Economics of Industry Papers 28, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- C. A. Hidalgo & B. Klinger & A. -L. Barabasi & R. Hausmann, 2007. "The Product Space Conditions the Development of Nations," Papers 0708.2090, arXiv.org.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Bailey Klinger, 2006.
"Structural Transformation and Patterns of Comparative Advantage in the Product Space,"
CID Working Papers
128, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Klinger, Bailey, 2006. "Structural Transformation and Patterns of Comparative Advantage in the Product Space," Working Paper Series rwp06-041, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Sutton, John, 2001. "Rich trades, scarce capabilities : industrial development revisited," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2037, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Benno Ferrarini & David Hummels (ed.), 2014. "Asia and Global Production Networks," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15649, July.
- Romer,Paul M, 1989. "What determines the rate of growth and technological change?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 279, The World Bank.
- Felipe, Jesus & Kumar, Utsav & Abdon, Arnelyn & Bacate, Marife, 2012. "Product complexity and economic development," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 36-68.
- Georg Duernecker & Moritz Meyer & Fernando Vega Redondo, 2012. "Being Close to Grow Faster: A Network-Based Empirical Analysis of Economic Globalization," Economics Working Papers ECO2012/05, European University Institute.
- Benno Ferrarini, 2013. "Vertical Trade Maps," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 27(2), pages 105-123, June.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dušan Marković & Igor Mladenović & Miloš Milovančević, 2017. "RETRACTED ARTICLE: Estimation of the most influential science and technology factors for economic growth forecasting by soft computing technique," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 51(3), pages 1133-1146, May.
- Petra Karanikić & Igor Mladenović & Svetlana Sokolov-Mladenović & Meysam Alizamir, 2017. "RETRACTED ARTICLE: Prediction of economic growth by extreme learning approach based on science and technology transfer," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 51(3), pages 1395-1401, May.
- Marković, Dušan & Petković, Dalibor & Nikolić, Vlastimir & Milovančević, Miloš & Petković, Biljana, 2017. "Soft computing prediction of economic growth based in science and technology factors," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 465(C), pages 217-220.
- Campi, Mercedes & Dueñas, Marco & Fagiolo, Giorgio, 2020.
"Specialization in food production, global food security and sustainability,"
30, Red Investigadores de Economía.
- Mercedes Campi & Marco Duenas & Giorgio Fagiolo, 2020. "Specialization in food production, global food security and sustainability," LEM Papers Series 2020/05, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Angelica Sbardella & Emanuele Pugliese & Andrea Zaccaria & Pasquale Scaramozzino, 2018. "The role of complex analysis in modeling economic growth," Papers 1808.10428, arXiv.org.
- Roberto Antonietti & Chiara Franco, 2020. "From FDI to economic complexity: a panel Granger causality analysis," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 2014, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Mar 2020.
- Đokić, Aleksandar & Jović, Srđan, 2017. "Evaluation of agriculture and industry effect on economic health by ANFIS approach," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 479(C), pages 396-399.
- Kordanuli, Bojana & Barjaktarović, Lidija & Jeremić, Ljiljana & Alizamir, Meysam, 2017. "Appraisal of artificial neural network for forecasting of economic parameters," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 465(C), pages 515-519.
- Carla Zarbà & Gaetano Chinnici & Mario D’Amico, 2020. "Novel Food: The Impact of Innovation on the Paths of the Traditional Food Chain," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(2), pages 1-18, January.
- Emilie Le Caous & Fenghueih Huarng, 2020. "Economic Complexity and the Mediating Effects of Income Inequality: Reaching Sustainable Development in Developing Countries," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(5), pages 1-26, March.
- Milačić, Ljubiša & Jović, Srđan & Vujović, Tanja & Miljković, Jovica, 2017. "Application of artificial neural network with extreme learning machine for economic growth estimation," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 465(C), pages 285-288.
- Igor Mladenović & Miloš Milovančević & Svetlana Sokolov-Mladenović, 2017. "RETRACTED ARTICLE: Analyzing of innovations influence on economic growth by fuzzy system," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 51(3), pages 1297-1304, May.
- Ferraz, Diogo & Moralles, Hérick Fernando & Suarez Campoli, Jéssica & Ribeiro de Oliveira, Fabíola Cristina & do Nascimento Rebelatto, Daisy Aparecida, 2018. "Economic Complexity and Human Development: DEA performance measurement in Asia and Latin America," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 839-853.
- Maksimović, Goran & Jović, Srđan & Jovanović, Radomir, 2017. "Economic growth rate management by soft computing approach," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 465(C), pages 520-524.
More about this item
KeywordsProduct space; Production adaptability; Economic growth;
- F19 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Other
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:streco:v:37:y:2016:i:c:p:52-61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/525148 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.