Citations for "Economics Departmental Rankings: Research Incentives, Constraints, and Efficiency"
by Graves, Philip E & Marchand, James R & Thompson, Randal
- Franklin G. Mixon, Jr. & Kamal P. Upadhyaya, 2008. "A Citations-Based Appraisal of New Journals in Economics Education," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 7(1), pages 36-46.
- Badi H. Baltagi, 2007.
"Worldwide Econometrics Rankings: 1989-2005,"
Center for Policy Research Working Papers
94, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Laurens Cherchye & Piet Vanden Abeele, 2002.
"On Research Efficiency: A Micro-Analysis of Dutch University Research in Economics and Business Management,"
Public Economics Working Paper Series
ces0206, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën, Working Group Public Economics.
- Cherchye, L. & Abeele, P. Vanden, 2005. "On research efficiency: A micro-analysis of Dutch university research in Economics and Business Management," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 495-516, May.
- Larry D. Singell & John M. McDowell & James P. Ziliak, 1999. "Cracks in the Glass Ceiling: Gender and Promotion in the Economics Profession," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 392-396, May.
- William J. Moore & Robert J. Newman & Geoffrey K. Turnbull, "undated". "Internal Markets for Department Chairs: Comparative Advantage, Life-Cycle, and Jury Duty," Departmental Working Papers 2002-14, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Jin, Jang C. & Hong, Jin-Heon, 2008. "East Asian rankings of economics departments," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 74-82, February.
- E. Han Kim & Adair Morse & Luigi Zingales, 2006.
"What Has Mattered to Economics Since 1970,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 20(4), pages 189-202, Fall.
- Han Kim, E & Morse, Adair & Zingales, Luigi, 2006. "What Has Mattered to Economics Since 1970," CEPR Discussion Papers 5873, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- E. Han Kim & Adair Morse & Luigi Zingales, 2006. "What Has Mattered to Economics Since 1970," NBER Working Papers 12526, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruno S. Frey, "undated". "Publishing as Prostitution? Choosing Between Oneï¿½s Own Ideas and Academic Failure," IEW - Working Papers 117, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Joao Ricardo Faria, 2000. "The Research Output of Academic Economists in Brazil," Working Paper Series 100, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Phillips, P.C.B. & Choi, I. & Schochet, P.Z., 1988. "Worldwide Institutional and Individual Rankings in Statistical Theory by Journal Publications over the period 1980–1986," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(01), pages 1-34, April.
- Christian Seiler & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2011.
"Ranking Economists on the Basis of Many Indicators: An Alternative Approach Using RePEc Data,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3691, CESifo Group Munich.
- Seiler, Christian & Wohlrabe, Klaus, 2012. "Ranking economists on the basis of many indicators: An alternative approach using RePEc data," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 389-402.
- Christian Seiler & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2011. "Ranking Economists and Economic Institutions Using RePEc: Some Remarks," Ifo Working Paper Series Ifo Working Paper No. 96, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Joseph Macri & Dipendra Sinha, 2006. "Rankings Methodology for International Comparisons of Institutions and Individuals: an Application to Economics in Australia and New Zealand," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 111-156, 02.
- Elda Pema, 2010. "The Effect of Age Discrimination Laws on Age-Earnings Profiles of Postsecondary Faculty," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 38(1), pages 65-80, March.
- Pontille, David & Torny, Didier, 2010. "Revues qui comptent, revues qu’on compte :produire des classements en économie et gestion," Revue de la Régulation - Capitalisme, institutions, pouvoirs, Association Recherche et Régulation, vol. 8.
- Vicente Royuela & Juan Carlos Duque & Raul Ramos, 2005. "Regional and Urban Research in Italy during the Nineties: Evidence from Publications in Nine Top International Journals," SCIENZE REGIONALI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2005(3).
- Joe Davis & John Huston & Debra Patterson, 2001. "The scholarly output of economists: A description of publishing patterns," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 29(3), pages 341-349, September.
- Joseph Macri & Michael McAleer & Dipendra Sinha, 2009. "On the Robustness of Alternative Rankings Methodologies For Australian and New Zealand Economics Departments," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-660, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Towe, Jack B & Wright, Donald J, 1995. "Research Published by Australian Economics and Econometrics Departments: 1988-93," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 71(212), pages 8-17, March.
- Joseph Macri & Dipendra Sinha, 2010.
"How much influence do economics professors have on rankings? The case of Australia and New Zealand,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(12), pages 1559-1567.
- Sinha, Dipendra & Macri, Joseph, 2007. "How Much Influence Do Economics Professors Have on Rankings? The Case of Australia and New Zealand," MPRA Paper 2885, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tzeremes, Nickolaos & Halkos, George, 2010. "A DEA approach for measuring university departments’ efficiency," MPRA Paper 24029, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tom Coupé & Valérie Smeets & Frédéric Warzynski, 2006.
"Incentives, Sorting and Productivity along the Career: Evidence from a Sample of Top Economists,"
Journal of Law, Economics and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 137-167, April.
- Tom Coupé & Valérie Smeets & Frédéric Warzynski, 2008. "Incentives, sorting and productivity along the career: Evidence from a sample of top economists," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/101637, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Coupé, Tom & Smeets, Valérie & Warzynski, Frédéric, 2003. "Incentives, Sorting and Productivity along the Career: Evidence from a Sample of Top Economists," Working Papers 03-16, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Ragan Jr, James F. & Warren, John T. & Bratsberg, Bernt, 1999. "How similar are pay structures in 'similar' departments of economics?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 347-360, June.
- Jellal, Mohamed, 2014.
"Gouvernance optimale moderne des universités
[Modern optimal governance of universities]," MPRA Paper 57275, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- McDowell, John & Singell Jr., Larry D. & Stater, Mark, 2009. "Congratulations or condolences? The role of human capital in the cultivation of a university administrator," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 258-267, April.
- George E. Halkos & Nickolaos G. Tzeremes & Stavros A. Kourtzidis, 2010. "An application of statistical interference in DEA models: An analysis of public owned university departments' efficiency," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2010_17, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Liang Zhang & Wei Bao & Liang Sun, 2016. "Resources and Research Production in Higher Education: A Longitudinal Analysis of Chinese Universities, 2000–2010," Research in Higher Education, Springer;Association for Institutional Research, vol. 57(7), pages 869-891, November.
- Kalaitzidakis, Pantelis & Mamuneas, Theofanis P. & Savvides, Andreas & Stengos, Thanasis, 2004. "Research spillovers among European and North-American economics departments," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 191-202, April.
- Martin Gregor & Ondrej Schneider, 2005. "The World is Watching: Rankings of Czech and Slovak Economics Departments (in English)," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 55(11-12), pages 518-530, November.
- E. Han Kim & Adair Morse & Luigi Zingales, 2006.
"Are Elite Universities Losing Their Competitive Edge?,"
NBER Working Papers
12245, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kim, E. Han & Morse, Adair & Zingales, Luigi, 2009. "Are elite universities losing their competitive edge?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(3), pages 353-381, September.
- Han Kim, E & Morse, Adair & Zingales, Luigi, 2006. "Are Elite Universities Losing their Competitive Edge?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5700, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- da Silva Costa, Jose & Delgado, Ana Paula, 1999. "Regional Science Research in Europe: a review," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa235, European Regional Science Association.
- Porter, Stephen R. & Toutkoushian, Robert K., 2006. "Institutional research productivity and the connection to average student quality and overall reputation," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 605-617, December.
- Leeves, Gareth D. & Poon, Wai Ching, 2015. "Chinese universities economic research output 2000–2010," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 1-9.
- Hidalgo-Hidalgo Marisa & Valera Guadalupe, 2016.
"University Merging Process: A Guideline Proposal for Excellence-Enhancing,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 16(3), pages 1359-1386, September.
- Marisa Hidalgo-Hidalgo & Guadalupe Valera, 2016. "University merging process: a guideline proposal for excellence-enhancing," Working Papers 16.08, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Escribano Sotos, Francisco & Pardo García, Isabel, 2005. "La función del profesor universitario de economía ¿docente o investigador? Notas para un debate/The role of professors of economics: Teachers or researchers? Notes for a debate," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 23, pages 685-707, Diciembre.
- Walter Novaes, 2007. "A Pesquisa em Economia no Brasil: Uma avaliação empírica dos conflitos entre quantidade e qualidade," Textos para discussão 553, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Issler, João Victor & Ferreira, Rachel Couto, 2004.
"Avaliando pesquisadores e departamentos de economia no Brasil a partir de citações internacionais,"
Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE)
550, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Issler, João Victor & Ferreira, Rachel Couto, 2003. "Avaliando pesquisadores e departamentos de economia no Brasil a partir de citações internacionais," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 500, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Richard Dusansky & Clayton J. Vernon, 1998. "Rankings of U.S. Economics Departments," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 157-170, Winter.
- Paul G.D. Bino & S. Subash & A. Ramanathan, 2004.
"Concentration in Knowledge Output:A Case of Economics Journals,"
General Economics and Teaching
- Paul Gopuran Devassy Bino & Sasidharan Subash & Ananthakrishnan Ramanathan, 2005. "Concentration in Knowledge Output: A case of Economics Journals," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 2(2), pages 261-279, December.
- Derek Yu & Atoko Kasongo & Mariana Moses, 2016. "Examining the performance of the South African economics departments, 2005-2014," Working Papers 13/2016, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Faria, Joao Ricardo, 2002. "Scientific, business and political networks in academia," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 187-198, June.
- Paulo S.A. Sousa & Pedro Cosme C. Vieira, 2011. "Universities and authors: a ranking for international finance," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(1), pages 507-518.
- Berg, Nathan & Faria, Joao, 2008. "Negatively correlated author seniority and the number of acknowledged people: Name-recognition as a signal of scientific merit?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 1234-1247, June.
- Marisa Hidalgo Hidalgo & Guadalupe Valera Blanes, 2013. "University merging process," Working Papers. Serie AD 2013-01, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Rodriguez, J. & Peña, Daniel & Gil, J. A., 1999. "Trend in statistical research productivity by journal publications over the period 1985-1997," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS 6355, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Zhang, Liang & Ehrenberg, Ronald G., 2010. "Faculty employment and R&D expenditures at Research universities," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 329-337, June.
- Blakely Fender & Susan Taylor & Kimberly Burke, 2005. "Making the Big Leagues: Factors Contributing to Publication in Elite Economics Journals," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 33(1), pages 93-103, March.
- Medoff, Marshall H., 2007. "An analysis of parochialism at the JPE and QJE," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 266-274, April.
- Gary Madden & Scott Savage & Steven Kemp, 1997. "Measuring Public Sector Efficiency: A Study of Economics Departments at Australian Universities," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(2), pages 153-168.
- Sinha, Dipendra & Macri, Joseph & McAleer, Michael, 2007. "On the Robustness of Alternative Rankings Methodologies: Australian and New Zealand Economics Departments, 1988-2002," MPRA Paper 2881, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- João R. Faria & Franklin G. Mixon & Kamal P. Upadhyaya, 2016. "Human capital, collegiality, and stardom in economics: empirical analysis," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 106(3), pages 917-943, March.
- P. Garcia-Castrillo & A. Montanes & F. Sanz-Gracia, 2002. "A worldwide assessment of scientific production in economics (1992-1997)," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(12), pages 1453-1475.
- Jin, Jang C., 2005. "Economics departmental rankings in Korea: A decade later," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 223-237, April.
- David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2010. "The Merits of Using Citation-Based Journal Weighting Schemes to Measure Research Performance in Economics: The Case of New Zealand," Working Papers in Economics 10/03, University of Waikato, Department of Economics.
- Issler, João Victor & Pillar, Tatiana Caldas de Lima Aché, 2002. "Mensurando a produção científica internacional em economia de pesquisadores e departamentos brasileiros," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 454, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Mirucki, Jean, 2005.
"Visibilité des contributions en économie industrielle dans les revues scientifiques internationales: 1991-96
[Visibility of Contributions in Industrial Organization in International Scientific Jour," MPRA Paper 30402, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mirucki, Jean, 1994. ""The productivity of economics departments in the U.S.: publications in the core journals": A comment," MPRA Paper 27562, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 1995.
- Jang C. Jin, 2009. "Publications in mathematical economics and econometrics: ranking of Asian universities and an application of Zipf's law," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 23(2), pages 116-122, November.
- Bruno Frey, 2005. "Problems with Publishing: Existing State and Solutions," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 173-190, April.
- Linda L. Johnson & Stephen E. Roulac & Richard A. Followill, 1996. "American Real Estate Society Annual Meeting Paper Presentations: The First Decade (1985-94)," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 12(2), pages 195-208.
- Jin, Jang C., 2009. "Economic research and economic growth: Evidence from East Asian economies," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 150-155, March.