What Do We Say about Ourselves and What Does It Mean? Yet Another Look at Economics Department Research
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tuckman, Howard P & Leahey, Jack, 1975. "What Is an Article Worth?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(5), pages 951-967, October.
- Johnes, Jill & Johnes, Geraint, 1995. "Research funding and performance in U.K. University Departments of Economics: A frontier analysis," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 301-314, September.
- Oulton,Nicholas & O'Mahony,Mary, 1994. "Productivity and Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521453455, December.
- Siegfried, John J, 1972. "The Publishing of Economic Papers and Its Impact on Graduate Faculty Ratings, 1960-1969," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, pages 31-49.
- Anderson, Richard G & Thursby, Jerry G, 1986. "Confidence Intervals for Elasticity Estimators in Translog Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 647-656, November.
- Kerry V. Smith & Steven Gold, 1976. "Alternative View of Journal Publication Performance During 1968-71 and 1970-74," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 109-113, April.
- House, Donald R & Yeager, James H, Jr, 1978. "The Distribution of Publication Success within and among Top Economics Departments: A Disaggregative View of Recent Evidence," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 16(4), pages 593-598, October.
- Laband, David N & Piette, Michael J, 1994. "The Relative Impacts of Economics Journals: 1970-1990," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, pages 640-666.
- Liebowitz, S J & Palmer, J P, 1984. "Assessing the Relative Impacts of Economic Journals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, pages 77-88.
- Michael E. Conroy & Richard Dusansky, 1995. "The Productivity of Economics Departments in the U.S.: Publications in the Core Journals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, pages 1966-1971.
More about this item
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jeclit:v:38:y:2000:i:2:p:383-404. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.