Rankings of U.S. Economics Departments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Graves, Philip E & Marchand, James R & Thompson, Randal, 1982. "Economics Departmental Rankings: Research Incentives, Constraints, and Efficiency," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 1131-1141, December.
- Liebowitz, S J & Palmer, J P, 1984. "Assessing the Relative Impacts of Economic Journals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 77-88, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Konstantinos Chatzimichael & Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2017.
"Measuring the publishing productivity of economics departments in Europe,"
Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 113(2), pages 889-908, November.
- Konstantinos Chatzimichael & Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2016. "Measuring the Publishing Productivity of Economics Departments in Europe," Working Papers 1601, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Issler, João Victor & Ferreira, Rachel Couto, 2003.
"Avaliando pesquisadores e departamentos de economia no Brasil a partir de citações internacionais,"
FGV EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE)
500, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance - FGV EPGE (Brazil).
- Issler, João Victor & Ferreira, Rachel Couto, 2004. "Avaliando pesquisadores e departamentos de economia no Brasil a partir de citações internacionais," FGV EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 550, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance - FGV EPGE (Brazil).
- William J. Moore & Robert J. Newman & Geoffrey K. Turnbull, 2003.
"Internal Markets for Department Chairs: Comparative Advantage, Life-Cycle, and Jury Duty,"
Journal of Labor Research, Transaction Publishers, vol. 24(4), pages 669-682, October.
- William J. Moore & Robert J. Newman & Geoffrey K. Turnbull, 2002. "Internal Markets for Department Chairs: Comparative Advantage, Life-Cycle, and Jury Duty," Departmental Working Papers 2002-14, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Mirucki, Jean, 2005. "Visibilité des contributions en économie industrielle dans les revues scientifiques internationales: 1991-96 [Visibility of Contributions in Industrial Organization in International Scientific Jour," MPRA Paper 30402, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Baltagi, Badi H., 2007. "Worldwide Econometrics Rankings: 1989–2005," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(5), pages 952-1012, October.
- Marshall H. Medoff, 2007. "The Input Relationship Between Co‐Authors in Economics: A Production Function Approach," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(2), pages 289-308, April.
- Joseph Macri & Dipendra Sinha, 2006. "Rankings Methodology for International Comparisons of Institutions and Individuals: an Application to Economics in Australia and New Zealand," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 111-156, February.
- Joseph Macri & Michael McAleer & Dipendra Sinha, 2009. "On the Robustness of Alternative Rankings Methodologies For Australian and New Zealand Economics Departments," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-660, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Linda L. Johnson & Stephen E. Roulac & Richard A. Followill, 1996. "American Real Estate Society Annual Meeting Paper Presentations: The First Decade (1985-94)," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 12(2), pages 195-208.
- Joao Ricardo Faria, 2000. "The Research Output of Academic Economists in Brazil," Working Paper Series 100, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Kim, E. Han & Morse, Adair & Zingales, Luigi, 2009.
"Are elite universities losing their competitive edge?,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(3), pages 353-381, September.
- Han Kim, E & Morse, Adair & Zingales, Luigi, 2006. "Are Elite Universities Losing their Competitive Edge?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5700, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- E. Han Kim & Adair Morse & Luigi Zingales, 2006. "Are Elite Universities Losing Their Competitive Edge?," NBER Working Papers 12245, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Towe, Jack B & Wright, Donald J, 1995. "Research Published by Australian Economics and Econometrics Departments: 1988-93," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 71(212), pages 8-17, March.
- Seiler, Christian & Wohlrabe, Klaus, 2012.
"Ranking economists on the basis of many indicators: An alternative approach using RePEc data,"
Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 389-402.
- Christian Seiler & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2011. "Ranking Economists and Economic Institutions Using RePEc: Some Remarks," ifo Working Paper Series 96, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Christian Seiler & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2011. "Ranking Economists on the Basis of Many Indicators: An Alternative Approach Using RePEc Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 3691, CESifo.
- Jack B. Towe & Donald J. Wright, 1995. "Research Published by Australian Economics and Econometrics Departments: 1988‐93," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 71(1), pages 8-17, March.
- Issler, João Victor & Pillar, Tatiana Caldas de Lima Aché, 2002. "Mensurando a produção científica internacional em economia de pesquisadores e departamentos brasileiros," FGV EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 454, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance - FGV EPGE (Brazil).
- Jakob Kapeller & Matthias Aistleitner & Stefan Steinerberger, 2017. "Citation Patterns in Economics and Beyond: Assessing the Peculiarities of Economics from Two Scientometric Perspectives," ICAE Working Papers 60, Johannes Kepler University, Institute for Comprehensive Analysis of the Economy.
- David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2010. "The Merits of Using Citation-Based Journal Weighting Schemes to Measure Research Performance in Economics: The Case of New Zealand," Working Papers in Economics 10/03, University of Waikato.
- Joseph Macri & Michael McAleer & Dipendra Sinha, 2010.
"On the robustness of alternative rankings methodologies: Australian and New Zealand economics departments, 1988 to 2002,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(10), pages 1257-1268.
- Sinha, Dipendra & Macri, Joseph & McAleer, Michael, 2007. "On the Robustness of Alternative Rankings Methodologies: Australian and New Zealand Economics Departments, 1988-2002," MPRA Paper 2881, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frank Neri & Joan R. Rodgers, 2006. "Ranking Australian Economics Departments by Research Productivity," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(s1), pages 74-84, September.
- Gianfranco Di Vaio & Jacob Louis Weisdorf, 2010.
"Ranking economic history journals: a citation-based impact-adjusted analysis,"
Cliometrica, Journal of Historical Economics and Econometric History, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), vol. 4(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Gianfranco Di Vaio & Jacob Weisdorf, 2009. "Ranking Economic History Journals: A Citation-Based Impact-Adjusted Analysis," Discussion Papers 09-11, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
More about this item
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists, Wikipedia, or ReplicationWiki pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:12:y:1998:i:1:p:157-70. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Michael P. Albert (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.