East Asian rankings of economics departments
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michel Lubrano & Luc Bauwens & Alan Kirman & Camelia Protopopescu, 2003.
"Ranking Economics Departments in Europe: A Statistical Approach,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1367-1401, December.
- BAUWENS, Luc & KIRMAN, Alan & LUBRANO, Michel & PROTOPOPESCU, Camelia, 2003. "Ranking economics departments in Europe: a statistical approach," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1694, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BAUWENS, Luc & KIRMAN, Alan & LUBRANO, Michel & PROTOPOPESCU, Camelia, 2003. "Ranking economics departments in Europe: a statistical approach," CORE Discussion Papers 2003050, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jin, Jang C & Yau, Louis, 1999. "Research Productivity of the Economics Profession in East Asia," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(4), pages 706-710, October.
- Richard Dusansky & Clayton J. Vernon, 1998. "Rankings of U.S. Economics Departments," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 157-170, Winter.
- Kalaitzidakis, Pantelis & Mamuneas, Theofanis P. & Stengos, Thanasis, 1999. "European economics: An analysis based on publications in the core journals," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 1150-1168, April.
- Kirman, Alan & Dahl, Mogens, 1994. "Economic research in Europe," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 505-522, April.
- Scott, Loren C & Mitias, Peter M, 1996. "Trends in Rankings of Economics Departments in the U.S.: An Update," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(2), pages 378-400, April.
- Graves, Philip E & Marchand, James R & Thompson, Randal, 1982. "Economics Departmental Rankings: Research Incentives, Constraints, and Efficiency," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 1131-1141, December.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P. Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2003.
"Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1346-1366, December.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2001. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics," Discussion Papers in Economics 01/8, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Michael E. Conroy & Richard Dusansky, 1995. "The Productivity of Economics Departments in the U.S.: Publications in the Core Journals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(4), pages 1966-1971, December.
- Tom Coupé, 2003. "Revealed Performances: Worldwide Rankings of Economists and Economics Departments, 1990-2000," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1309-1345, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jang C. Jin, 2009. "Asian University Rankings in International and Development Economics: An Application of Zipf's Law," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 137-143, February.
- Jang C. Jin, 2010. "Research Publications, Economic Growth And Causality: Japan'S Experience," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 666-673, December.
- Chokri Dridi & Wiktor L. Adamowicz & Alfons Weersink, 2010. "Ranking of Research Output of Agricultural Economics Departments in Canada and Selected U.S. Universities," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 58(3), pages 273-282, September.
- Johan Fourie & Leigh Gardner, 2014.
"The Internationalization of Economic History: A Puzzle,"
Economic History of Developing Regions,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(1), pages 1-14, June.
- Fourie, Johan & Gardner, Leigh, 2014. "The internationalization of economic history: a puzzle," Economic History Working Papers 56786, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- repec:spr:scient:v:98:y:2014:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-013-1133-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jang C. Jin, 2009. "Publications in mathematical economics and econometrics: ranking of Asian universities and an application of Zipf's law," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 23(2), pages 116-122, November.
- Jang Jin & Eden Yu, 2011. "World Ranking of Real Estate Research: Recent Changes in School Competitiveness and Research Institutions," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 229-246, February.
- Jin, Jang C., 2009. "Economic research and economic growth: Evidence from East Asian economies," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 150-155, March.
- David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2009. "The Excellence in Research for Australia Scheme: An Evaluation of the Draft Journal Weights for Economics," Working Papers in Economics 09/07, University of Waikato.
- Giannias Dimitris A. & Sfakianaki Eleni, 2012. "University Rankings of Different Academic Positions for the Present and the Future: The Case of Greek Departments of Economics," Scientific Annals of Economics and Business, De Gruyter Open, vol. 59(2), pages 43-66, December.
- repec:spr:scient:v:113:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-017-2509-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Konstantinos Chatzimichael & Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2017.
"Measuring the publishing productivity of economics departments in Europe,"
Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 113(2), pages 889-908, November.
- Konstantinos Chatzimichael & Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2016. "Measuring the Publishing Productivity of Economics Departments in Europe," Working Papers 1601, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:19:y:2008:i:1:p:74-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.